• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I want to know what the designers were smoking when they came up with this thing:

Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

Say what you will about some of the Gen IV Pokemon, but this monstrosity is by far the worst design for a Pokemon I have ever laid my eyes on. Absolutely horrific.
    Hey some of us here like that Pokemon...
    I like it's cool combo Dark/Fighting :)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I love Zuruggu xD I absolutely didn't at first, but this...

Tell me that isn't adorable.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    I want to know what the designers were smoking when they came up with this thing:

Say what you will about some of the Gen IV Pokemon, but this monstrosity is by far the worst design for a Pokemon I have ever laid my eyes on. Absolutely horrific.

BLASPHEMY!
    How dare you speak ill of Zuruggu! His funky fresh style makes him one of the most epic Pokémon this generation. He's got good typing, good moves, and good abilities to boot. We should be so lucky to have him.

Hey! Don't forget Baruchai/Vullaby(?):

This thing looks like it hasn't been potty trained. :(

Years

BLASPHEMY!
    How dare you speak ill of Zuruggu! His funky fresh style makes him one of the most epic Pokémon this generation. He's got good typing, good moves, and good abilities to boot. We should be so lucky to have him.

This thing looks like it hasn't been potty trained. :(
    I agree Zuruggu is Epic :D! Plus it makes me think of that song from American Idol,Pants on the Ground...

blue

gucci
    Years

That's the first bad comment i've seen about Zuruggu!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Like I said earlier this thread, I hated Zuruggu, but now I like it.

Now, to change the subject ever-so-slightly: Chobomaki and Agirudaa (still sticking to the Japanese names till their English names are 100% confirmed. I found Chobomaki stranger than Shellder because of its kissy-face. I was surprised when I learned it evolved into Agirudaa, an insanely fast Pokemon in contrast to Chobomaki's slowness (Kaburumo stole its shell).

Years
    Like I said earlier this thread, I hated Zuruggu, but now I like it.

Now, to change the subject ever-so-slightly: Chobomaki and Agirudaa (still sticking to the Japanese names till their English names are 100% confirmed. I found Chobomaki stranger than Shellder because of its kissy-face. I was surprised when I learned it evolved into Agirudaa, an insanely fast Pokemon in contrast to Chobomaki's slowness (Kaburumo stole its shell).
    Yeah it does gain speed but it also loses defense upon evolution while Kaburumo gains defense and loses speed, I like the concept of the two pokemon's mutualism it's kind of like Alchemy "give something to gain something".

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021

He's my favourite dark type by far this gen, and possibly overall too. Definitely not the worst design.

He's a lizard that uses it's skin like a pair of pants. How could that not be amazing? :)

Years
    I actually like Zuruggu too. Because Ash might get one soon ^_^ I don't know much about it's moveset or stats but I like it's design. At least it is unique and not as ugly as half of the B/W Pokemon.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015

I don't like Chobomaki's kissy-face. I want to close it's helmet whenever I see it. And as for Agirudaa, it's speed is impressive & it has some interesting moves, but it's defenses suck. -.-

My favourite Pokémon has got to be

It's so cute but also really strong, it's got a great stat base total & I love it :)!

I hate this thing. I want to use a blow dryer on it.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
    BLASPHEMY!
    Zuruggu and his evolution might be the best Pokemon to have in Gen V in terms of typing, movesets and abilities. I said the design was terrible, not the Pokemon.

But as long as we're talking about bad designs, I've got more to rant about:

I'm lost for words. This is really, really bad.

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
    Years
    Poor Garbodor. Everyone hates him. T^T
    I actually hated him with passion at the start, but i think he grown on me.
    No, i won't use it, but it's not annoying me anymore.

Years
    Favourite? Well, I don't really have much to choose from really, do I? :/ (IMO)

I would have to sayyyyyyyyyyyy:

Goruugu

He just looks the most interesting.

As for the worst. It would have to be:

Musharna

This stupid thing. Seriously, what the hell?!​

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
    Um. So I began to like Ulgamoth in Generation V:

Uglamoth is a nice bug pokemon. Other than the fact that it looks really, really, cool, it sure does have an interesting typing. Bug/Fire offers it a lot of offensive abilities and it isn't all that bad considering its weaknesses and resistances either. It resists both Fight and Steel, making it THE Scizor counter. It's only weaknesses are Water, Flying and Rock. Flying is quite uncommon and you can take care of both Water and Rock. It has 135 SpAtt, bringing it on the same hight as Porygon-Z and Alakazam. Its 100 base Spe stat makes it a viable Special Sweeper. Urugamosu's defensive stats aren't too bad either. With 85 | 60 | 105, it's pretty bulky, only having to fear Physical attacks. Ulgamoth gets an amazing movepool. The most outstanding move probably is Butterfly Dance which allows it to boost its SpAtt, SpDef and Spe by one stage each. It also gets a 100% accuracy "Charge Beam" called Fire Dance. It does 80 damage and has the chance to boost your SpAtt by one stage. Not exactly wanting to use this competitively, its just really, really good. @-@; I just wish the pre-evo evolves sooner, haha. <3

Mmm, you know, I don't really hate any of the new pokemon yet! Maybe over time, but not yet. :3

I also like
    Shubarugo too. His animation reminds me of Quagmire from Family Guy. :3

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Favourite? Well, I don't really have much to choose from really, do I? :/ (IMO)

I would have to sayyyyyyyyyyyy:

Goruugu

He just looks the most interesting.

As for the worst. It would have to be:

Musharna

This stupid thing. Seriously, what the hell?!​
    I like Goruugu, in a way because it's a huge ancient robot. I get why it's a Ghost type because it's said that it's a suit of armor possessed by a ghost.

Musharna is meh to me. I don't know why, but when I saw it with its eyes open, I got a bit freaked out.
    Um. So I began to like Ulgamoth in Generation V:

Uglamoth is a nice bug pokemon. Other than the fact that it looks really, really, cool, it sure does have an interesting typing. Bug/Fire offers it a lot of offensive abilities and it isn't all that bad considering its weaknesses and resistances either. It resists both Fight and Steel, making it THE Scizor counter. It's only weaknesses are Water, Flying and Rock. Flying is quite uncommon and you can take care of both Water and Rock. It has 135 SpAtt, bringing it on the same hight as Porygon-Z and Alakazam. Its 100 base Spe stat makes it a viable Special Sweeper. Urugamosu's defensive stats aren't too bad either. With 85 | 60 | 105, it's pretty bulky, only having to fear Physical attacks. Ulgamoth gets an amazing movepool. The most outstanding move probably is Butterfly Dance which allows it to boost its SpAtt, SpDef and Spe by one stage each. It also gets a 100% accuracy "Charge Beam" called Fire Dance. It does 80 damage and has the chance to boost your SpAtt by one stage. Not exactly wanting to use this competitively, its just really, really good. @-@; I just wish the pre-evo evolves sooner, haha. <3

Mmm, you know, I don't really hate any of the new pokemon yet! Maybe over time, but not yet. :3

I also like
    Shubarugo too. His animation reminds me of Quagmire from Family Guy. :3

I agree with you on Ulgamoth.

Shubarugo's design is cool, but in competitive play, it's outclassed by Scizor because of its shallow movepool. The only way Shubarugo can deal with Steels is Rock Smash. I'm hoping it gets Superpower as a move tutor in the third game.

The Red Chain

Initially I hated those trash bags too. I thought they were possibly the worst designs I've ever seen in Pokemon but.. over time.. I began to gain an attachment to little trash bag. I don't particularly -like- big trash bag, but he's okay with me now. The big one is a little scary to me still.. that mouth! Bah. ;-;

I hope to never find that thing down a dark alley. XD;

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
    Or, you could think of it this way: I don't think he's that much different than Muk. I mean, think about it.

Now that makes the trash-bag seem just about as huggable as Muk, right? I mean, they're both pretty adorable if you get past their appearances. xD;
    Living slime is cool.

A living trash bag is not cool, as far as I'm concerned.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back