• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxite

Ideas and Insanity
    Years
    I was just looking through the game, and making note of some interesting connections (some of which have already been pointed out).

First is the relationship of Gochimu/Gochimiru/Gochiruzera family with Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir family. They're both Psychic-based "women", both have a connection to their trainers (Gardevoir is emotionally connected, Gochiruzera can see how long the trainer has left to live). Stats and move pools are different, however.

Next is the obvious Luvdisc and Mamanbou. Both are based on the Discus fish, both are pink. Mamanbou has better stats, but it's still pretty mediocre.

Finally, I noticed that Choroneko/Leopardas appears to have a connection to Poochyena/Mightyena. Both Dark-types. Both early in the Pokedex. One is a cat, the other is a dog.

The Pokemon of this generation seem to be throwing a lot back to Pokemon of previous generations. I focused on Hoenn simply because of rumors that there might be remakes of it, but I can find similarities for Pokemon in other regions as well.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Wow they can tell how long you are going to live?? I wouldn't train one of them then. Who would want to know when they will die. You would spend the rest of your life trying to change the future.

King Gumball

Years
    I dont know how it is grass type. Other than the green spikes. Anyone know what it is?? It might be a plant on the inside protected by metel.

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years

Epic

Spoiler:

King Gumball

Years
    Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites
    This is apparently a snail that lost it's shell, which would explain the bug typing. And it is ironic that it has such high speed. A ninja snail...

Emotional Intelligence

You may call me "EI"
    Years
    The sprites are pretty hot, otherwise the masses of fighting pokemon that seem to be present in this gen are just off putting. Pretty awesome otherwise though, I do love the new 3D look.

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
    lol @ Umbrella.

Wow, you really do know your stuff, huh? Yes, it's just Pokemon, but when you simply dismiss evidence because you feel against it, that's when you know you're not using your head. You can prefer Gothilselle over Gardevoir all you like, but you must be blind if you think that her stats and movepool are not only crap, but actually worse than Gothilselle's.

If you're gonna argue something, try presenting evidence instead of just blabberin' on about how it's your opinion and therefore it's right. I hate Gothilselle but I'm not about to dismiss her as a Pokemon and what she can do just because I dislike it; it has great stats, nifty moves, and a decent ability. I simply don't think it can quite match Gardevoir, that's all.

People who ignore reality when it comes to this sort of thing make me shake my head, not just you. Roserade's my favourite Pokemon, but I'm not going to dismiss Sceptile and Jaroda as being better SubSeeders; my opinion is that Roserade is cooler, better-looking, and arguably a better Pokemon, but the fact remains that both Sceptile and Jarode pull off Substitute + Leech Seed way better than Roserade does.

You really ought to learn the difference between facts and opinion.

A Fact: Gardevoir's movepool > Gothilselle's movepool
    An Opinion: Gothilselle's design > Gardevoir's design

A Fact: Alakazam's offenses > Starmie's offenses
    An Opinion: Starmie is nevertheless a better sweeper due to having dual STAB, more versatility, and more useful resistances

I didn't want to drag this on, but I really do think that in the future, you should remember the difference between facts and opinions, whether you're talking about Pokemon or about politics. You may think or feel or believe that Flareon is a better sponge than Vaporeon because he has better spDef, but that will not make it so (Vaporeon has better typing, better support moves, and better HP), just like you can think or feel or believe that we humans evolved from seagulls but that won't make it so. XD An opinion does not a fact make, though it may well be based on one or more facts.

- - - - - - - - -

Anyways, just came to say that I'm surprised no-one has compared Ambipom and Chillachino yet. One is a monkey, the other a chinchilla... different designs, yes, but a closer look tells us otherwise. They both have excellent speed and good attack but otherwise weak stats, they both have Technician as one of their abilities (and Skill Link in the DW) and they're both better than your average Normal type. So what's different? Well, I for one think that Technician Ambipom > Technician Chillachino, but Skill Link Chillachino >>> Skill Link Ambipom, and the fact that Chillachino learns both Rock Blast and Aqua Tail compel me to believe Chillachino is ultimately the better choice (Normal + Water = very good combo; a powerful Rock move just makes it more awesome). And imo, Chillachino has a cuter design, even though it looks a lot like its pre-evo, but then again, one could argue that the same is true of Ambipom because it's just an Aipom with a bigger head and two tails and what-have-you. *shrug*

Also, am I the only one who loves Mebukijika? Shikijika is actually pretty easy to train and grows fairly fast; I caught one this afternoon and it's pretty damn good, especially since Jump Kick got boosted. I levelled him up by killing wild Leopardas, Chillarmy, Gochimu and other Shikijika (thanks to Wild Kick + Faint Attack) and it's gonna evolve as soon as it goes up a couple more levels. And I made sure it had Herbivore; I am expecting great things from Mebukijika because an immunity to both Ghost and Grass moves is fairly handy if you ask me. Sure, moves of that type aren't as common as Fire or Ice, but on a couple of occasions it can indeed become quite a commodity to switch in on Grass and Ghost attacks with impunity. >:3

Umbrella

Rihanna's The Queen, You Mad?
    Years
    From what I can tell, the two leaves are her hands, and the darker leaves by her lower area are accessories. Her backsprite is mostly shrouded by a large leaf which I assume is her "Hair".

I'm also a fan of these:

Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least FavouritesYour opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites
    Soooo furry and cute <3

I'd raise it as is cuz the evolution looks horrid. Again, soooo cute <3

Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least FavouritesYour opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least FavouritesYour opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites
    BEST GHOST-TYPES EVER! Nuff said.

Elegance combined with the Fighting-type. Genius.

I just saw the back sprite on Veekun and your right. I get its design now. Out of all the Pokemon you listed I like the little spider Bachuru and Kojondo. I just look up the info on Bachuru and its the smallest Pokemon out of all 649 of them. I can't wait to see it in the anime. You don't like the aliens evo? Well I gotta admit, it kinda lost its alien vibe imo but I still like it. Just wish its head was bigger.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    lol @ Umbrella.

Wow, you really do know your stuff, huh? Yes, it's just Pokemon, but when you simply dismiss evidence because you feel against it, that's when you know you're not using your head. You can prefer Gothilselle over Gardevoir all you like, but you must be blind if you think that her stats and movepool are not only crap, but actually worse than Gothilselle's.

If you're gonna argue something, try presenting evidence instead of just blabberin' on about how it's your opinion and therefore it's right. I hate Gothilselle but I'm not about to dismiss her as a Pokemon and what she can do just because I dislike it; it has great stats, nifty moves, and a decent ability. I simply don't think it can quite match Gardevoir, that's all.

People who ignore reality when it comes to this sort of thing make me shake my head, not just you. Roserade's my favourite Pokemon, but I'm not going to dismiss Sceptile and Jaroda as being better SubSeeders; my opinion is that Roserade is cooler, better-looking, and arguably a better Pokemon, but the fact remains that both Sceptile and Jarode pull off Substitute + Leech Seed way better than Roserade does.

An Opinion: Starmie is nevertheless a better sweeper due to having dual STAB, more versatility, and more useful resistances

I didn't want to drag this on, but I really do think that in the future, you should remember the difference between facts and opinions, whether you're talking about Pokemon or about politics. You may think or feel or believe that Flareon is a better sponge than Vaporeon because he has better spDef, but that will not make it so (Vaporeon has better typing, better support moves, and better HP), just like you can think or feel or believe that we humans evolved from seagulls but that won't make it so. XD An opinion does not a fact make, though it may well be based on one or more facts.

- - - - - - - - -

Anyways, just came to say that I'm surprised no-one has compared Ambipom and Chillachino yet. One is a monkey, the other a chinchilla... different designs, yes, but a closer look tells us otherwise. They both have excellent speed and good attack but otherwise weak stats, they both have Technician as one of their abilities (and Skill Link in the DW) and they're both better than your average Normal type. So what's different? Well, I for one think that Technician Ambipom > Technician Chillachino, but Skill Link Chillachino >>> Skill Link Ambipom, and the fact that Chillachino learns both Rock Blast and Aqua Tail compel me to believe Chillachino is ultimately the better choice (Normal + Water = very good combo; a powerful Rock move just makes it more awesome). And imo, Chillachino has a cuter design, even though it looks a lot like its pre-evo, but then again, one could argue that the same is true of Ambipom because it's just an Aipom with a bigger head and two tails and what-have-you. *shrug*

Also, am I the only one who loves Mebukijika? Shikijika is actually pretty easy to train and grows fairly fast; I caught one this afternoon and it's pretty damn good, especially since Jump Kick got boosted. I levelled him up by killing wild Leopardas, Chillarmy, Gochimu and other Shikijika (thanks to Wild Kick + Faint Attack) and it's gonna evolve as soon as it goes up a couple more levels. And I made sure it had Herbivore; I am expecting great things from Mebukijika because an immunity to both Ghost and Grass moves is fairly handy if you ask me. Sure, moves of that type aren't as common as Fire or Ice, but on a couple of occasions it can indeed become quite a commodity to switch in on Grass and Ghost attacks with impunity. >:3

Serious question, do you sit in front of the computer and just start typing until you are thoroughly satisfied with a monster post? Just asking because that is a LOT O_O...

Still, I agree on your view of Shiki and Meubki. I may just use them as a place holder for Doredia.

Umbrella

Rihanna's The Queen, You Mad?
    Years
    lol @ Umbrella.

If I'm not mistaken, I said I was through with Gothilselle vs Gardevoir. I wasn't gonna respond but since you decided to sit there and type a massive post I might as well let you know that the only part of your post I read was "lol @ Umbrella." Why?

1. I said I was done discussing that.
    2. Its way to long.
    3. Go back to number one.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Yes, yes...Actually...Has anyone investiagted if either is an evo/pre-evo to Tauros or Pachirisu?
    There aren't any evos/pre-evos to old Pokemon in B/W, but Tauros and Pachirisu do share similarities to Buffalon and Emonga.

Anyway, I have some new Pokemon to add to the favorites list:
    -Kojondo (makes me want to sing "Kung-fu Fighting!")
    -Kirikizan (it reminds me of Gallade)
    -Urugamoth (no need to explain)
    -Zuruzukin (same as Urugamoth)
    -Zuruggu (I like how it pulls up its "pants" then they fall down again at one point during its sprite animation)

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
    Serious question, do you sit in front of the computer and just start typing until you are thoroughly satisfied with a monster post? Just asking because that is a LOT O_O...

Still, I agree on your view of Shiki and Meubki. I may just use them as a place holder for Doredia.

loool.

Well, they say brevity is the soul of wit, but I am neither witty nor brief, sooo... ;P Truth be told, though, it's not something I do on purpose or think about. I suffer from a very special disorder called ROD (Ramble-On Disorder) which makes a lot of what I say and write end up being tl;dr, whether I'm just talking on the phone, IMing someone, writing an essay, or posting here in PC. Ofc, whether my tl;dr is boring or not, that depends on the person. Some don't mind it, some skip it over right away (I don't really care either way, though, since it's not premeditated; I just talk/write a lot). But yeah... Oh no this post is ending... Must add something more... oh fine i guess that's it... wait, I think I forgot something... ah screw it, I can't remember... :C

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    Ah, well sometimes, the briefest of wisdoms lie in the largest walls of text.

On-topicness:

This guy looks pretty B-A, minus the rings that make him look like a wannabe Soul Queen, hahahah. Also, having a move called Afro Ram(?) makes it an epic win.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
    It's likely they recreated designs of certain Pokémon deliberately because this is a franchise reboot. There are no old Pokémon in Isshu and it's half a world away, so naturally there are going to be parallels.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I leave for work only to return to see Umbrella DRAGGED in the Gothiselle/Gardevoir argument... Gothiselle is fun to look at and everything but when compared to Gardevoir it'll always come in second.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back