• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your personal wishlist

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    -Trainer customization. On a base level I would like to see this expanded to where you can have unnatural colors for hair and eyes and the ability to choose the palette of the clothing. Even if that means they have to implement some sort of dyeing system. Though what I REALLY want is for them to add is a hair system that is made of three components. A bang portion, back portion, and auxiliary (ponytail and pigtails) that you can mix and mash. Even if it only gave you three options per part that's still a lot more to work with.(Well, this wish has been blasted to death)

-The ability to select a trainer class. If anyone remembers the trainer battles you could have in the secret bases of people you linked with you might remember that it would have a random trainer class represent your friend. It'd be neat if they paid a slight homage to that, assuming secret bases return.

-Pokemon World Tournament. This is probably going to be saved for the next installment in X and Y but I would love to see the return of the Pokemon World Tournament. Especially if 3D models are used for trainers in-battle. It's always neat getting to do stuff with your favorite characters and the Pokemon World Tournament covers most characters people would want to see.

-Make Feebas and Chimecho easier to find. It doesn't necessarily need to be easy. But it sure doesn't need to be THAT hard.

-The ability to create Trickhouse puzzles. If you can combine it with the secret bases that'd be a neat bonus. There, of course, needs to be a way to share said puzzles. It'd be a good way to extend the game life. I always felt the Trickhouse should have become standard anyways.

-The cellphone feature. I think it's a neat way of getting some tidbits of character information and setting up rematches. Heck, maybe you could even set up trades this way (Bonus points of your Pokemon does, in fact, appear in their team roster. )

-Contests to be fairly cinematic. Also the moves that you can use one turn to make another move more effective the next turn should have special animations.(This seems to be basically be done)

-I'm alllll for references to Orre. Or any of the side games really. But I would particularly love to see Wes.

-Manaphy to appear in-game. Manaphy is one of the few Pokemon that is beyond belief hard to obtain legitimately since each Pokemon Rangers cart had only one that could be given away. Period, per game cart not per save.

Last edited:

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    > More Megas
    > More Fairies
    > More Locations
    > More Post-Game
    > Trainer Customization
    > Follow Me
    > Contests
    > Wild Berry Trees
    > Secret Bases
    > PokeNav

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    > More Megas
    > More Fairies
    > More Locations
    > More Post-Game
    > Trainer Customization
    > Follow Me
    > Contests
    > Wild Berry Trees
    > Secret Bases
    > PokeNav

This, pretty much, sums it up, along with maybe better evil team and cooler legendaries. Also, I totally want D/N as well.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    -DLC
    -More Wally, and maybe give him the remaining starter at some point
    -More May/Brendan, WITH FULLY EVO'd STARTERS.
    -Contests, new and updated WITH WIFI. Also, the halls being spread out like in Ruby/Sapphire
    -Secret Bases
    -Mega Sceptile, Mega Swampert, and other Megas
    -Make Feebas & Chimecho actually catchable
    -Extended Hoenn Dex
    -New places to go in the post-game
    -Wallace OR Steven as the Champ, depending on the version you have.
    -Link with Kalos, similar to the Unova Link
    -Brendan and May as the protags, but with the ability to customize them.
    -all 3 legendaries catchable in-game, similar to HGSS with it's 2 legends
    -HGSS style bottom screen, plus the Pokenav, PSS, Amie, and Super Training
    -Friend Safari IN ADDITION TO the original Safari Zone.
    -Inverse Battles
    -Return of the Trick House
    -Follow Me, but only if it's OPTIONAL
    -Return of the Mach and Acro Bikes, and still being able to swap them out.
    -Fight both of the evil teams like in Emerald
    -Pokeblocks>Pokepuffs
    -Day and Night features, as noticeable as they where in HGSS
    -Seasons, because that would be totally cool and keep you playing.
    -Difficulty Option at the beginning of the game
    -and of course, being able to pick which language you want.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
    Years
    I agree with the whole follow-me feature for Pokemon, but honestly I feel it's best it stay exclusive to Johto games.

My list are the following though:
    >Hoenn Battle Frontier
    >VS Brendan or May or even Wally! What an under appreciated character.
    >Difficult option during the start of the game
    >More Player Customizations
    >Secret Bases but more Online MMO-like
    >Pokemon Contest
    >More Mega Evolution, especially Mightyena and other Hoenn Pokemon.
    >More Post-game content
    >More in-depth story

I have more But im not sure what they are though.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
    - More puzzles.
    - Expand on secret bases and their usefulness. Also probably tie them into online functionality.
    - MORE STEVEN STONE
    - MORE DIVE SECRETS
    - Please, please, please make Sootopolis and Fortree gorgeous in 3D, please.
    - There's a f***-ton of water in Hoenn, so maybe let us pilot boats and jet-skis? (Also maybe submarines underwater?)
    - Make the cities/map bigger so that 3D is worth it.
    - Don't overdo mega evolutions.
    - Make Team Magma and Aqua a real threat(s), not just slightly twisted environmentalists with the terrifyingly evil plan to give Pokemon/Humans more living space :/
    - Expand on the Trick House.
    - More Regis mythology!
    - If you screw up 3D dive I will bite a horse's ass. Do not test me.
    - I really wanna ride Tropius. Can you do that in XY?
    - Lots of water + dive = obligatory underwater city. Please. NOW.
    - Magma surf and magma dive .
    - Make PokeNav awesome.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    I'd actually like to see Feebas maintain its rarity. If it were to be made more common (somewhat like shinies in XY) then I think it'd lose its appeal. :<

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
    -Megas incorporated in\mid-game
    -Mega Groudon and Kyogre,Mega Latias and Latios
    -3D secret bases
    -Gym leaders,tariners, elite 4 etc. using megas
    - Not just pokemon from the first 3 generations, but from the later 3 as well, including used by trainers and in the wild
    -3D Brandon ♥♥♥♥ yeah.
    -Diving HM animation and exploring underwater in 3D.

Yeah taht's not all but y'know, the important stuffz.

Years
    I want to see more battles with Wally, and I definitely want to see a harder mode, I've been hoping for this for years but, if they implement a hard mode I will squeal like the little girl I am not. I need to see some difficulty like Expert Emerald.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
    Contests. That's literally all I care about.

There have been 3 Pokemon games without them and I can't stand it! X_X They are my favourite Pokemon thing to do!

I hope they update them with nice graphics and make them awesome. I hope they don't turn into musicals where each piece of an outfit had a set place to put on your Pokemon and you couldn't win anything. Those were the worst things in the world. I do wonder if they will add the dress up feature and dancing to these contests or if they'll just leave that for gen 4. I'm not sure which route they'll take. I'm interested to see.

I just hope they'll make the contests a bigger deal than they were. Not mandatory but make them big. By doing that, they'll allow a bigger post game activity. I also hope for the Battle Frontier because that would bring more post game activities. I personally never got to experience them either so that'll be exciting!

I also hope for a story that isn't about Mega Evolutions like X and Y. The game can have megas but just please don't make it the main storyline. >_<

I also hope for underwater diving again. Not like in Black and White though, where you had 1 second to dive before being brought up to the surface. The diving in Ruby and Sapphire where you can catch Pokemon and stay down for as long as you wanted. Imagine how pretty they could make the underwater graphics with 3D? O:

Secret bases also need to come back. Ruby and Sapphire style though. Not Diamond and Pearl. I like the idea of sharing bases through streetpass/spotpass like they do in Animal Crossing New Leaf.

Generally I just want EVERYTHING back in these games. These are my favourite Pokemon games to date so I kind of have high standards now. I can't help that though. >_<

Years
    • Seen today
    Much improved contests.

One of my biggest problems with Pokemon Contests is that there's no strategy. Every single one is nothing but feeding your Pokemon some type of Pokeblock and using a couple of moves.

There should be more strategy. For example, there should be more moves to mess with the opponents - but have them hurt your Pokemon's appeal.

Have some kind of system that certain types have different effectiveness in different contests - for example, in a Beauty contest, Beauty would obviously go over the best. But Cute would also go over fairly well (though not as well as it would in a Cute contest), and Tough and Cool would go over especially poorly.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    - Make Team Magma and Aqua a real threat(s), not just slightly twisted environmentalists with the terrifyingly evil plan to give Pokemon/Humans more living space :/
    This. This would be so nice.
    - If you screw up 3D dive I will bite a horse's ass. Do not test me.
    XD lmao I'm sorry, I just found this hilarious.
    - I really wanna ride Tropius. Can you do that in XY?
    Nah, you can't do that in X/Y. You can only ride Rhyhorn and Skiddo.

I'd actually like to see Feebas maintain its rarity. If it were to be made more common (somewhat like shinies in XY) then I think it'd lose its appeal. :<
    But Feebas was stupid rare to find. It's ok if its rare, but restricting it to a few random panels on one route is really absurd.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Years
    • Seen today

But, that was the point. They weren't supposed to be evil, they were supposed to be a misguided group doing bad things for the right reasons. This is exactly why Emerald worked so well - neither of them were truly evil, so temporarily teaming up with one to fight the other made sense.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
    But, that was the point. They weren't supposed to be evil, they were supposed to be a misguided group doing bad things for the right reasons. This is exactly why Emerald worked so well - neither of them were truly evil, so temporarily teaming up with one to fight the other made sense.
    I see your point, and I've actually considered that before. But let's face it, Nintendo games already suffer from a lacking of any significant plot, and to produce a game with the only presented villain ending up being a non-villain kinda beats the point.

Now keep in mind that generation 3 was my favorite generation, with Emerald being my favorite Pokemon game of all time. But in all fairness, nothing you do within the game ever amounts to anything. Team Magma/Aqua end up having so little to do with the plot, you might as well remove them entirely. Throughout the game, you defeat them over and over again and apparently "put an end to their schemes", only to arrive at the final game plan too late to do anything. Oh and look! The leader failed to control the legendary Pokemon, ultimately turning the entire "plot" into nothing but a convenient set-up leading up to feeding you a legendary that you can either catch (which is really easy) or defeat (which is so ridiculously easy that the only struggle I had was to not accidentally murder the thing).

I don't know, I just hope they're more of a threat this time, and if not a threat then maybe at least a challenge.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Steven is love, Steven is life.

Secret Bases, return to me, please! With StreetPass and Wi-Fi capabilities, too.

Slateport City please have background music with vocals that's all I really want.

Please give us Johto starters a little early in the game, like how we got Kanto starters in XY!

Aaaah I want so many things...I don't want to get my hopes up but still...! I can dream!

Years
    Please give us Johto starters a little early in the game, like how we got Kanto starters in XY!

I really like that idea! Johto being my second favorite region behind Hoenn, I'd love the opportunity to have a starter from there.

Honestly, the main thing I want in the remakes is more involvement with Wally. They can do so many things with him plot-wise, and I think the events present in RSE have room to be edited and expanded upon. Kalos did a great job in developing Team Flare, and I think Nintendo can build on that by adding more to the story of Team Magma and Aqua. The foundation for the evil teams was great, but there wasn't much in the game that built off of that.

Years
    CHALLENGE MODE PLEASE KTHNXBAI

Aside from being able to have a more challenging playthrough, I'd love to see the following:

Secret Bases: Upgraded, of course, with Wi-Fi features~ I wouldn't mind if it had a capture the flag thing like DPPT's Secret Bases had, or some kinda game that could be done over Wi-Fi.

Contests: Also upgraded. I'd personally love them to include a battle portion similar to the anime rather than just have you use moves, buuuut I have a feeling that may not happen ;;

The Battle Frontier!: And yes I do mean Emerald's BF. It's my all-time fave battle facility, so I'd love to see it back.

More Mega Evos.: Esp. Megas Sceptile and Swampert. Given that Mega Sceptile was apparently mentioned as being registered, I hope that it does come to be and that Swampert also gains a Mega Evos. But please, GF, don't give Blaziken another Mega Evo. like you did with Charizard :<

Trainer Customization: One of the best features to XY, so hopefully it'll return. I'd also like the boys to have more clothing options. Also, the boys should totally be given kilts since I doubt GF will make crossdressing possible.

Maybe a Sounds thing that plays the classic RSE music?: Similar to GB Sounds, of course~

Pokemon League Rematch Teams: Again, would love for a challenge~

Easier way to have rematches with Gym Leaders: Because let's face it, it was a pain in the butt relying on Match Call. Maybe they could do something similar to HGSS where you call them on a certain day and they'll battle you? Or they could make a facility where you'll find various Gym Leaders daily, like in Plat.

Back