• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your personal wishlist

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I really like that idea! Johto being my second favorite region behind Hoenn, I'd love the opportunity to have a starter from there.

Honestly, the main thing I want in the remakes is more involvement with Wally. They can do so many things with him plot-wise, and I think the events present in RSE have room to be edited and expanded upon. Kalos did a great job in developing Team Flare, and I think Nintendo can build on that by adding more to the story of Team Magma and Aqua. The foundation for the evil teams was great, but there wasn't much in the game that built off of that.

I also forgot to mention that in Emerald, once you completed the Hoenn PokéDex you received a Johto starter, so it would not only go with the Kanto starter you receive in XY, but also harken back to Emerald in a nice way.

I would definitely love more character development, too. Wally is already so lovable, just a little more depth to his character would work wonders.

I'd also really like to see at least the leaders of Magma and Aqua expanded upon. I remember some corruption within the Grunt ranks ("When there's more land, I'm gonna buy myself a beach house!" comes to mind), but the leaders really are just good-hearted people who took things to a dangerous extreme. Throughout the originals, they were painted as sinister, but it would be great if ORAS showed more of their caring side--they have to have one, considering they're doing what they genuinely believe to be for the better of the Earth (and then realize their wrongdoings at the end, no less!).

HGSS had small little scenes unfold involving different Gym Leaders which delved a bit deeper into their characters, so I really want something like that to return in ORAS, but expanding past the Gym Leaders at the same time.

Years
    - Secret Bases / Record Mixing (Offline Training) intact
    - Increased difficulty Post-Game / Rematches
    - Pokemon Contests Remade with A More Mario Party Feel + Final Battle
    - Pokemon Amiee Used For Contests Now + Return of Poffin and Pokeblock
    - Trainer Customization / (Mini-Movie or Contests and Secret Bases As Well)
    - Facial Expressions for Trainer Customization
    - Have The original Battle Themes optional Post-game
    - Sandstorm / Fog Forms for Castform
    - Post-game stories featuring: Regigigas / and The Gen 5 Sky Trio
    - Post-Game new islands accesible (The formally unoccupied islands on the map)
    - The Original Protagonists are kept for the remakes.
    - Fully Evolved Rival Starters / Rematchable Post-Game on PokeNav. (Originally Werent)
    - Must Have a Mega-Evolved Starter - Post game rematches
    - Wally should get either a Gallade or Gardivior depending on Raltz gender.
    - Steven Returns As the Champion again.
    - Remove the Game Corner for something new
    - Return of The Rematchable News Reporters (Difficulty Boost)
    - Horde Battles Return / Sky Battles Return / Dive Battles Added To Underwater
    - Retype Altaria to Dragon and Fairy / Chimecho Psychic Fairy Type /Skitty Normal Fairy.
    - Keep the Different Bikes and Bike Tricks / Add The Rollar Skates as an Option.
    - Make the Elite 4 double battles? (Rematch)
    - Get rid off the annoying low-health beeping noise & replace it with the HUD flashing red.
    - Get Rid Of EXP.ALL - Makes the game too easy and too short.
    - Show the trainers in the Background during battles (Pokemon Revolution)
    - Rematchable Legendaries: Keep it like B/W where they dont fade away when they faint.
    - Return of Headbuttable Trees again.
    - Return Pokebait placenent in the tall grass.

- Bigger City Scale. (Mauville and Lilycove should be more on Goldenrod's level imo).
    - Bigger post-game. I like the idea of another Sevii Islands Tropical-Archipelago type area.
    - Return of Emerald's Frontier + World Tournamet with Sinnoh Cameos.
    - Expand the Underwater routes - Maybe add trainers and Whirlpools.
    - Better rivals. I'd like the games to be true to the originals, but I'd also like Wally's role to be expanded (more appearances)

- Altaria/Meloetta/Skitty/Milotic/Chimecho/Gorbyss/Pluse-Minun should be part Fairy

- Put Max In the game? Instead of that annoying Scott?
    - Team Magma must have Magmar.....................

Last edited:
    Years
    CHALLENGE MODE PLEASE KTHNXBAI

Easier way to have rematches with Gym Leaders: Because let's face it, it was a pain in the butt relying on Match Call. Maybe they could do something similar to HGSS where you call them on a certain day and they'll battle you? Or they could make a facility where you'll find various Gym Leaders daily, like in Plat.

Challenge Mode is really an underrated addition imo. I loved it, and totally hope it returns to ORAS. For recreational players just picking up pokemon for the first time, the regular story line may be difficult enough, but for veterans like ourselves, Challenge Mode was an intriguing addition to make the games difficult even for us!

Gym leader rematches were a lot of fun in previous games, but like you said, the method to have one was rather tedious and felt unnecessary. I'd like to see some sort of facility specifically for this purpose. It would make for a much easier way to test your skills once again, unlike the Match Call feature.

Years
    I guess they weren't that popular but I hope the trumpets return in the remixed music for this game. There's just a Hoenn flavour to them that was missing in more recent official remixes of Hoenn music.

Love them or hate them I think the trumpets were an important part of the Hoenn region, it just wouldn't be the same without them.
    The trumpets and drums were a lot better than that grattingly annoying squeaking gearish sound they used in the B/W2 remixes.... I hate that squeaky-synth sound in the B/W2 versions...Uragh. No techno, no dubstep, no electronics. I wish they'd keep the music as close to the originals as possible like they did for HG/SS.

Last edited:

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Challenge Mode is really an underrated addition imo. I loved it, and totally hope it returns to ORAS. For recreational players just picking up pokemon for the first time, the regular story line may be difficult enough, but for veterans like ourselves, Challenge Mode was an intriguing addition to make the games difficult even for us!

Gym leader rematches were a lot of fun in previous games, but like you said, the method to have one was rather tedious and felt unnecessary. I'd like to see some sort of facility specifically for this purpose. It would make for a much easier way to test your skills once again, unlike the Match Call feature.

I would also love it if we could pick Challenge Mode right off the bat and now have to get the key from someone else or whatever BW2 had us do. There isn't really much harm, especially since all they do is raise the levels of NPCs really ;~;

yaaay 1k posts

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    One thing I wish game freak would not do is excessively "modernize" the music.

Using techno in Kalos somewhat made sense because it's based on France. I really hope they won't do the same for Hoenn.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    One thing I wish game freak would not do is excessively "modernize" the music.

Using techno in Kalos somewhat made sense because it's based on France. I really hope they won't do the same for Hoenn.

In HGSS they did a very good job of keeping the "traditional Japanese" feel, especially with the music. If those games are any indicator, I'd say we're in good shape for ORAS!

I can see the concern after having some Hoenn tracks remixed for B2W2 that don't make heavy use of the brass instruments, but they're set in Unova and all had to have a similar sound.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    In HGSS they did a very good job of keeping the "traditional Japanese" feel, especially with the music. If those games are any indicator, I'd say we're in good shape for ORAS!

I can see the concern after having some Hoenn tracks remixed for B2W2 that don't make heavy use of the brass instruments, but they're set in Unova and all had to have a similar sound.

To be honest, I don't mind the BW2 versions of Hoenn battle themes... Though they do sound a lot better when properly mashed with the originals.

In XY, the usual trumpet and french horn are present I guess (from the sounds, I'm no music expert)... So that's reassuring.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    To be honest, I don't mind the BW2 versions of Hoenn battle themes... Though they do sound a lot better when properly mashed with the originals.

In XY, the usual trumpet and french horn are present I guess (from the sounds, I'm no music expert)... So that's reassuring.

I actually quite like the remixes, knowing that they're meant to mesh with the musical style of Unova.

The 3DS is capable of amazing orchestral(-like) soundtracks, so it's definitely possible to recreate the original games' "instrumentation," and possibly make it even more grand! Imagine how amazing that would be~

I can understand some peoples' concern since the only remixes we've heard so far are not in the "Hoenn style," and I definitely place "them trumpets" on my ORAS wishlist, but I honestly think it's the thing we should be the least worried about (hopefully we can get confirmation on that soon, though!).

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I don't know how do-able this would be in a 3D game, but I reeally want the option to have my lead Pokemon walking with me again. Clearly not all Pokemon can be followers, but they can do something like what they did in Amity Square, so that a select few Pokemon can be released and follow their trainers in the game. :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I would love it if they'd implemented a feature that would save your game automatically, haha. We always save before quitting, but sometimes, though, we wind up forgetting and lose a lot of progress; these kind of moments could be very frustrating. We are human, so we're all bound to make mistakes like this. If they'd added some auto-save functionality, these things would never bother us anymore. Was hoping for this to make it into X and Y, but unfortunately, it never happened. :( Aside from that, it'd be pretty cool if they allowed you to change in-game music style, too. Ones from RSE are loud and dynamic (which is awesome), but I'd personally like there to be a way to slow their tempo, maybe, and perhaps even change what instruments are used when these songs are played.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
    Asides Secret Basses with Streetpass features and Pokemon following you, I really wish for one thing:

Please let us mass-deleted with two built-in security features i.e. two pop-ups asking "Are you sure?" in ORAS. It's such a pest to have to individually delete 'em if you have like, 100 :(

Years
    SECRET BASES!!! I want them! They are awesome!

Seeing as ORAS has been officially announced as a remake, it would not make much sense to leave secret bases out, haha. I do hope they add mounting to the game in more detail compared to X and Y, but if that's not possible, it'd be awesome for the follow-me feature to come back from HGSS. Not sure why it went away, to be honest. It gave the game a way for the player to connect with his/her pokemon, something that was notably absent from all previous pokemon games.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2022
    It is difficult to imagine these games being what I would like them to be, overall I want the games to sort of look like how X and Y look and follow the mechanics of how X & Y play(like marts in Pokemon centers for example, Pokemon Amie to be present in these games although I never play it I'd still like to see it in the games, also personally I don't want to see the Safari zone return I'd rather see a Friend Safari with exclusives like HA Dragalge,Grovyle,Marstomp,Combusken + more be available) , but I want the games to really feel like Sapphire/Ruby, which is going to be very difficult unless its 100% remakes but I honestly don't want that...

What would make the games really feel like Ruby/Sapphire (for me) would be to keep Secret Bases and Contests. I'd like the secret bases of friends who have been online at the same time as you to be accessible in the game like how secret bases were accessible with a link cable(or whatever they were called). I also want contests to work the same way they did in Ruby/Sapphire, there are loads of new moves to use in contests now and I would find interesting to see what the new moves can do.

A more difficult Trick Master house, like really challenging/frustrating mazes, I would love to see the return of the cycling ramp, especially the guy at the end of the ramp who tells you how fast you were. The 1 thing I want more than anything in these games though is a GB(A) sounds item that plays the music from the originals.

I'd like to see the Battle Frontier from Emerald be in the game rather than the 'Battle Tower' that was in Ruby/Sapphire.

A Jirachi,Deoxoys,Mew events from the originals to be accessible in the game without being 'event' only. I'd also like GF eventually change all legendary pokemon to have perfect IVs in all stats, they started the trend in X&Y giving them 3+ perfect IVs, I don't understand why they don't just go all the way... One legendary Pokémon I'd like to see catch-able in game in particular would be Regigigas.

Replace stuff like the Poké Marts with cloths shops/hair places or whatever for more character customization, more customization would be nice but I didn't have a problem with what was available in X & Y.

The 'Hoenn Pokedex' needs to be expanded, the 200 that were in the original are not enough, a lot more water pokemon to run into while surfing would be nice, everyone gets tired of Tentacool/Wingull only. Obviously stuff like Gallade, Roserade, Magnezone, Probopass, Frosslass need to be added to the Hoenn Dex, but personally I think they need to add another 150-250 to the hoenn dex to make the games feel modern.

I'd like to see them change how the bike works so that you will only need 1, some other slight changes like rocks that get rock smashed permanently disappearing (like above Mawville) would be great.

New Megas almost feel guaranteed, I'd say sales for the game would suffer if they didn't add anything new. A move tutor for Secret Power and Defog are a must in my opinion, there are other moves I'd love to see happen like Extreme-speed, Iron Head, Stealth Rock, Pain Split and under no circumstance do I want to see a knock-off move tutor...

One final thing is a change to how rare Feebas is... its not difficult to catch it, it is just unnecessarily time consuming that doesn't feel worth the time to finally catch...

Edit: I thought I said it already, a difficulty option at the start of the game to make the AI of trainers higher or whatever an increased difficulty like in BW2 involved. (I'm not 100% sure what the higher difficulty was like because I had White 2 and for some reason there is only an option to make the game "easier" after you complete the game... but there is an option for "hard" black 2...")

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    One that comes to mind are Secret Bases. Make more areas for Secret Bases, and more customization inside your Secret Base.

In RSE, mixing records was pretty important. In addition to populating your game world with other people's Secret Bases, it controlled several other things. This time, rather than Mixing Records, simply do it automatically over Local Wireless. Just walking by someone with playing the game should be enough to "trade" Secret Bases, TV programs, and records. Similarly, interacting with someone over Wi-fi should do the same thing.

Give the Desert Underpass more of a purpose. It can still be a trainer-less dead end, but do something with it. Maybe if you come there with Regirock, Regice, and Registeel, it'll open a passage and reveal Regigigas?

Change the specifics of the Regi puzzles. Don't change how they work - obscure braille directions - but change what they ask you to do. Emerald did this too, for the record.

Kind of a given, but change / update the Gym Puzzles. Lavaridge, Mossdeep, and Petalburg Gyms are very good and memorable, and don't really need to change, but otherwise, fair game.

Combine the PokeCenter and PokeMarts, like newer games. But actually replace the Marts with something interesting, not just a house populated by useless NPCs.

Take Emerald's cue for alternating teaming up with Team Magma and Aqua. Also, let the teams keep their Emerald hideouts. But, have only one of the teams succeed in releasing their Legendary (Team Magma / Groudon in Omega Ruby, Team Aqua / Kyogre in Alpha Sapphire), with the other giving up on their search when they see the calamity caused by releasing said Legendary.

Include the Battle Tents, again moving all Contests to Lilycove. Include Mirage Tower as well.

Include places for the location-based Evolutions. New Mauville should have a magnetic field for evolving Magneton and Nosepass, Petalburg Woods should have a Moss Rock, and the Shoal Cave Basement should have an Ice Rock.

Desert Underpass and the expanded Safari Zone should be available as soon as you get to the area, instead of being barred off until after the National Pokedex.

To accommodate the above two, slightly expand the Hoenn Dex. First off, include Probopass and Magnezone. Secondly, include the non Hoenn-dex Pokemon available in Emerald. Specifically, the Safari Zone expansion has Hoothoot, Ledyba, Aipom, Sunkern, Pineco, Teddiursa, Houndour, Miltank, Shuckle, Spinarak, Mareep, Gligar, Snubbull, Stantler, Wooper, and Remoraid. Desert Underpass has Ditto.

All of those listed above should be included in the New Hoenn Pokedex. Their evolutions (including Ambipom, but excluding Gliscor) should also obviously be included.

Reintroduce the Altering Cave. However, change its mechanics and the available Pokemon. Instead, make the starting Pokemon depend on country (or something similar). Interacting with people of other countries will add their Pokemon to your Altering Cave, and add yours to theirs. There should be around twenty or thirty different Pokemon available. Keep it exclusive to post-National dex.

Don't bother adding new Megas. Honestly - there's nothing that makes Mega Evolutions preferable to a Form Change, and, Mega Evolutions, unlike Form Changes, would involve patching XY, which would be a pretty stupid decision considering ORAS and XY were in development at the same time.

Don't worry about explaining the existence of Fairy-types. More or less, they should just ignore them - much like how FRLG treated Steel-types (and the Dark-type moves).

Include and expand the Battle Frontier.

I would love it if they'd implemented a feature that would save your game automatically, haha. We always save before quitting, but sometimes, though, we wind up forgetting and lose a lot of progress; these kind of moments could be very frustrating. We are human, so we're all bound to make mistakes like this. If they'd added some auto-save functionality, these things would never bother us anymore. Was hoping for this to make it into X and Y, but unfortunately, it never happened.

Please no. Personally, I hate auto-saving games. I like being in control of saving, because then you don't have to worry about whether you just bought the wrong super-expensive item, blowing all your money, or deleted an important move with no easy way to get it back, or wasted way too many Poke Balls for a catch to be worth it. With auto-saving, you'll never know if such mistakes will be permanent.

Just don't turn off your 3DS. Close it and put it on Sleep Mode. I save occasionally, but I almost never turn my system off while playing through a game. Less chances to lose progress.

Last edited:

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
    Years
    Seeing as ORAS has been officially announced as a remake, it would not make much sense to leave secret bases out, haha. I do hope they add mounting to the game in more detail compared to X and Y, but if that's not possible, it'd be awesome for the follow-me feature to come back from HGSS. Not sure why it went away, to be honest. It gave the game a way for the player to connect with his/her pokemon, something that was notably absent from all previous pokemon games.

Yea, I agree 100%. I want a long game with lots of playing time. It would be cool to have that capture the flag game, too. Except, you can use your pokemon to help you.

Renegade

Time for real life...
    Years
    I have to say secret bases as my top pick, even though I haven't ever used them in the past. Not just secret bases, but an online sharing ability of them.

- Secret bases
    - Steven Stone giving out a Mega Stone (just for the fun factor :P)
    - Customizable charaters (not really a huge fan, but losing this feature wouldn't be the best decision for Gamefreak)
    - Small changes to story line to make team Aqua/Magma more threatening
    - Battle Frontier

I am also very curious on how they will make the underwater surfing parts of the game in 3D. Could be neat for sure. :)

Back