• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Pokemon X and Y Team So Far?

Years
  • I'm really unsure of what I want my team to be, but for certain, I want to challenge myself to have all Kalos Pokémon in my party at the beginning of the game at least and see how long I go with that. But here's what I do have in mind:

• Fennekin (and evos)
    • Litleo ---> Pyroar
    • Pancham
    • Skiddo (or Gogoat)
    • Sylveon
    • Clauncher

pedrito3_poke

Banana
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2022
    I want to use a team with only new Pokémon (+ a mega). Right now, this is the one I have.
    Spoiler:
    I'll still need to take a good look at all the new Pokémon's base stats and movesets, so yeah, I'll spend my first few hours in the 12th looking through the pages of pokemondb.net (if they have updated by that time).

Last edited:
    Years
  • Mine's a little up in the air right now, I don't really know what I will use, aside from Tyrantrum & Pyroar. I'm leaning towards Froakie as my starter, so I think I may use Phantump/Trevanant as my Grass type. Not sure what else I'm going to catch/train, though. :C

Frozthax

Youtube partner
    Years
  • SO far... no idea
    that what makes new games fun, and i really hope its gonna be nice
    I know alot about pokemon but these new series...yeah, bring it, :D

Years
  • This is my planned team, unless I encounter a shiny or discover some new intriguing form.
    Spoiler:

Florges and Dragalge are my pseudo grass and water pokemon!
    (Gourgeist doesn't count aesthetically...she's just my ghost!)

Still wondering if there are more variations of Florges (we just discovered an orange one!) and Furfrou.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    This is my planned team, unless I encounter a shiny or discover some new intriguing form.
    Spoiler:

Florges and Dragalge are my pseudo grass and water pokemon!
    (Gourgeist doesn't count aesthetically...she's just my ghost!)

Still wondering if there are more variations of Florges (we just discovered an orange one!) and Furfrou.

Florges may go the color route same as its Pre-evos. Furfrou Variations...you actually have the only one in your team already. It just has the trims and it seems like those designs are the only ones it has so far.

My team now:

Aegislash, Greninja, Pidgeot (**** ya!), Gogoat, Noivern, and Goodra

I'd have Dragalge as a back up to replace Noivern,

Years
  • Florges may go the color route same as its Pre-evos. Furfrou Variations...you actually have the only one in your team already. It just has the trims and it seems like those designs are the only ones it has so far.

My team now:

Aegislash, Greninja, Pidgeot (**** ya!), Gogoat, Noivern, and Goodra

I'd have Dragalge as a back up to replace Noivern,

A trim is a variation...I am well aware it's temporary. No need for a correction.

Years
  • I actually haven't put that much thought into it. I know I'm picking Fennekin as my starter, and I'm definitely going to go with Gengar on top of that. I'm going with Bulbasaur as my Kanto starter, but I'm unsure whether I'll want him in my first team - so many new Pokémon to try out!

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    I managed to get a copy of Pokemon X today. Can't decide between starting with Froakie or Chespin. Ya see I was gonna start with Fennekin, but Charizard X looks so freaking badass, that I can't turn down the opportunity to use him.

RimasLT

My beautiful - Mazda 323F <333
    Years
  • My team :

1. Chesnaught - For sure my starter Grass type coolnes
    2. Talonflame - cool Fire/Flying type
    3. Dragalge - awesome Poison/Dragon type
    4. Zangoose - spectacular Normal type
    5. Venusaur - perfect Grass/Poison type
    6. Serperior - awesome Grass type

Most of my team members is Grass type because its my favirite fabulous type,cute/ awesome design except mega Venusaur

Thats it I guess :D

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    My team at the moment (am still yet to beat 1st gym!):

Froakie
    Riolu
    Fletchling

Last edited:

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
  • My planned team -

1. Greninja: My special sweeper, possibly mixed if it has the moveset and stats for it.
    2. Venusaur: More of a defensive member, I'll likely go with Sleep Power/Leech Seed/Sludge Bomb/Giga Drain with a defensive EV spread. Sludge Bomb is there for Fairies.
    3. Blaziken: Physical sweeper, will hold a Mega Stone for that Speed Boost that we all know and love.
    4. Salamence: My other physical sweeper, according to some rumors we get Bagon fairly early so this'll be good.
    5. Aegislash: Somewhat of a balanced Pokemon, what with how the form changes and everything. Still debating on how the EV spread should be though.
    6. Reuniclus: Another balanced Pokemon, will likely go with a tried and true bulky Calm Mind set.

Draqonite

Draco Meteor?
    Years
  • Guys what do you think of my team? Im planning on EV training it also.

Grass/Fighting Chesnaught
    Fire/Flying Charizard
    Fairy Sylveon
    Dragon/Poison
    Dragalge
    Steel/Ghost Aegislash
    Ice/Rock Aurorus

Last edited:

KoolKat vs. Lucas

KoolKat Gold
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2013
    Slight Change!
    I'm doing 2-3 teams, depending on if a "Z" version comes out.
    These teams will be developed over time rather than assembled ASAP.

KoolKat (PkMn X)
    Greninja
    Tyrantum
    Pyroar
    Mega Charizard X
    Sylveon
    Xerneas

Serena (PkMn Y)
    Delphox
    Aurorus
    Talonflame
    Mega Blastoise
    Sylveon
    Yveltal

Zane (PkMn Z)
    Chesnaught
    Tyrantum
    Clauncher
    Pyroar
    Mega Venusaur
    Helioptile

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    OK, so I started with Froakie, caught a Pikachu, and will be getting Charmander when I meet the Prof. I would also like to catch a Skidoo, anyone know what route he shows up on?

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2017
    my team is delphox blastoise staraptor sylveon doublade with eviolite and trevenant technically yes i used 2 ghost types but trevenant is really hard to pass up

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm playing X and I've just beaten the first gym, my team is currently

Braixen
    Fletchinder
    Squirtle

not sure who to use for the final 3 places yet

Friend code is in my sig if you wish to add :)

THZskillz

The Highest Zero
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    I'm kinda gonna go freestyle and just catch pokemon as I go through the game. My team isn't really final but I do know I'm getting Lucario and maybe the rock dragon pokemon (forgot its name)

Back