• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Your Pokewalker

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • Only one level each time it is put in, so you have to take it out and put back in for it to get another level.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • You gain one level whenever they're sent back to the DS. I wouldn't recommend training with it obviously , since it's only one level and so leveling up would take forever and be tedious. Also if the Pokemon learns a move when leveling up, it will not learn that move if ti gets to that level while in the Pokewalker.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Truth be told, I've never once used my PokéWalker. I had always planned to, especially when I first got SoulSilver, but never did. It's still sitting inside my SoulSilver box patiently waiting for the day I take it out and use it. Sigh, that's probably never going to happen.

Years
  • Mine is somewhere in my draw and I don't think I have taken the Pokemon off it... I don't even know what I put on it really. Thought, through all the bumping and moving, I bet it is stupidly high leveled!

I thought the overall idea of the Pokewalker was a cool idea, but I don't know how well it actually took off in the end.​

dreamcatcher

Lump Appraiser
    Years
  • I still have mine, I just found it again over the weekend actually. I completely forgot about it xD I guess that's what I get for getting so absorbed in BW. My poor Slowbro has been rotting for the last year. ;-;

Years
  • No idea where mine is. I used it like only once. Actually now that I think about it, I might actually have a pokemon on it still.

blu3void

Exactly.
    Years
  • I haven't touched mine in a year. It still has a Meowth I put in it on my first playthrough of Soul Silver, like 15 save files ago. I didn't really like taking it with me as I was scared for its condition, but I probably won't be using it ever again anyway.

Years
  • In the beginning of the summer about two years ago my brother went into the field across the street from where I live with the Pokewalker. In the Pokewalker was Lugia. Somehow my brother dropped it, and he never told me. Two months later at the end of summer, he found it in the field. I still to this day have no clue how it still worked, because it rained a lot that summer.
    Anyways, I believe it's still somewhere in my brother's room.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I only owned the one Pokewalker, although I suppose it would be easy enough to steal my roommate's or my brother's. :P I used mine every. single. day. once the game came out. The only time I did not use it was during the week I lost it. It fell off of my belt loop or wherever I kept it when I was out and about one day after an orthodontist appointment. I was so sad when I got home because I was sure I'd never see it again and, like I said, I actually used it everyday. Amazingly enough, I went back a week later for a check-up or something and while I was waiting for my dad to pick me up, I figured I'd retrace my steps a bit. I crossed the busy intersection and sitting right by the parking lot of the next building was my Pokewalker. It was a little roughed up but it still worked just fine. It had rained and everything during that week! (This is not an impressive story compared to the one right above me but it still amazes me so I've told it anyway.)

I don't use it now because the battery died and I'm too lazy to open it up and figure out what kind of battery I need (and then buy + replace it) but it still has a place of honour on my desk. :P

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    My battery died. :( I had sooo many watts but no, sadly it died. I'd get another battery, but effort. Seriously all I did was collect watts so I'd unlock more areas. I'm someone who just likes unlocking things I'll never use lool.

Chatot Lover

happy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2013
    Alright, I coudn't find a better thread for this:

A friend of mine lost his Pokéwalker but he has another one. Is there a way to keep the watts from the old one by using a cheat code for example? I mean, the watts are saved on the game card, so it must be possible to keep them by cheating, right? Or, is there a cheat code that enables you to select how many watts you want to have yourself?

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
    Years
  • Alright, I coudn't find a better thread for this:

A friend of mine lost his Pokéwalker but he has another one. Is there a way to keep the watts from the old one by using a cheat code for example? I mean, the watts are saved on the game card, so it must be possible to keep them by cheating, right? Or, is there a cheat code that enables you to select how many watts you want to have yourself?
    Without using Action Replay, that is impossible. Even so, said cheat code only works for the game cartridge, not the Pokéwalker itself as no one (as far as I know) has been able to "hack" one.

Back on topic, does anyone know if the replacement Pokéwalkers sold by the Official Nintendo Store are exactly like the ones in new boxes of HG/SS? You see, I bought a brand-new version of SS, but my Pokéwalker fell off my pants when I was taking a hike (yes, I know, stupid idea). Thus came the need for a replacement, and I don't like cheap remakes or knock-offs because it doesn't seem natural.

Rocket-Dock

Dragonite Trainer
    Years
  • I use the free jogging thing of Wii fit plus to have a great body and condition.
    When I am jogging I always attach the pokewalker on my jean, so it will count the steps I take.
    alot of pokemon joined me and my team!

Back