• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Shiny Pokemon in ORAS

Years
  • I've found 3 shinies on my omega ruby game so far. When I was dexnav chaining for a Trapinch to add to my team, i found a lovely shiny! Her name is Clover and she's now a pretty Flygon.
    I chain fished a shiny Feebas to train up for master rank contests, now my beautiful Feefee sparkles and has that cute pink ribbon animation whenever she goes into battle.
    Finally, I was IV breeding for a Mudkip, and one popped out purple! I was aiming for 5IVs, but he only had 4 (was missing att. and sp.A). I decided to stop being a perfectionist and add him to my competitive team anyway, and named him Maelstrom.

I love to shiny hunt and soon will try to chain for a sh. Cottonee and hatch a sh. Fletchling!

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • This thread just reminded me that I found a shiny Golbat while EV training last Sunday. Good thing I was EVing Speed haha.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2015
    Well, as for me, I had found one early in the game. I don't know where, but I checked my DexNav. I got Search Level 10-15, identifying a Zigzagoon with Trick as its first move. I got to it and...it was shiny. I immediately caught it, placed it in my team, evolved it into a Linoone, then put it in the box, because I had no more use for it.

Years
  • My first and only random shiny so far in OR was a Whismur in a horde, joining the two I caught in Y. I also reset for a shiny Reshiram which I've wanted since last gen (stupid shiny locks...) It only took me three hours, but my Synchronizer failed and it ended up with a Gentle nature. >:(

Syvelocin

Eevee Breeder
    Years
  • I have literally only personally encountered one other shiny in my life and that was in FireRed, which was an Ekans. I'm currently working on a living pokédex and I just happened to get a shiny Wooper. It's only been ten years... just ten years.

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2015
    First (and only) shiny I've gotten in sapphire is a Shiny Poochyena which I got after chaining 270+ times. It only had speed stat too, but it's my first so it's special.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    I can actually say that I have officially encountered my first (and several others) shiny in ORAS. It was a shiny zigzagoon named Ziggy. The next few were a wurmple, electrike, treeko, and a oddish

Zaheer

Chaos is the natural order
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 19, 2015
    I have only found two shinies in ORAS both random. I haven't really hunted at all.

First was a Shuppet in a horde while EV training. Second was an Omanyte that I bred with the Masuda Method on the first egg while working on my living dex. Strangely both times right before I got them I thought "Wouldn't it be neat if I found a shiny?"

But I say that every encounter..

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    So far it's Gulpin and Wingull through wild encounters. Gible from hatching.

Midnight-Kitteh

Feline and Ghost Trainer
    Years
  • I have extended my Shiny Pokemon party with
    Koffing, Feebas, Roselia and Chansey all hatched.
    Edit: Also Venonat

Tricko

Developing Pokémon Dark Leaf
    Years
  • Simply walking around !!!

After completing ORAS I was walking around in a cave and a shiny Numel appeared !!! I evolved it into Camerupt ...Shiny one looks way too awesome !!!

Years
  • I was doing Wonder Trade last night for a few hours out of boredom and scored two shinies! First ones I ever got on Wonder Trade. I got a shiny Infernape and a shiny Terrakion :3

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I was doing Wonder Trade last night for a few hours out of boredom and scored two shinies! First ones I ever got on Wonder Trade. I got a shiny Infernape and a shiny Terrakion :3
    Every Wednesday night streamers give away rare Pokemon, notably shinies.

So yeah if anyone wants a shiny you could always try that. Not a shiny but I got Xerneas from this.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2016
    So far I've randomly bumped into a Shiny Zubat (now a Crobat) & a cascoon which is now a Dustox. I'm trying to complete the Pokedex to get a Shiny charm so hoping to see a lot more soon.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • Yesterday evening I was training underwater, using Dive, with some trainers I wanted to battle later in-game, when I suddenly ran into a shiny Chinchou, I'm pretty happy since this is my first Random Encounter in the ORAS series (OR in my case), and I have always wanted a shiny Chinchou ;)

Aside from that, I was active already in shiny breeding, chain fishing and stuff in Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby, but very happy with this Random Encounter of course :)

Midnight-Kitteh

Feline and Ghost Trainer
    Years
  • I have been doing a lot of shiny breeding lately and after over 1000 eggs each got a shiny Slugma and Ponyta and still I move on to my next shiny conquest.

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
    Years
  • In Alpha, I chained 4 shiny Pikachu's in the Safari Zone in one day, pretty proud of that. First one came on a chain of 43, second one 44, third one 6, and fourth one 15!

That now makes my 10th shiny 'Chu.

stp

ShootThePuck
    Years
  • Only shiny I have is a shiny Ralts I got in an old save file that's in Pokebank right now. Took like 3 hours of chaining.

Back