• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Top 10 Pokémon?

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015
    I like Pokémon. I like top tens. Because of that, I'd like to know what your top 10 is. Feel free to explain why! Here's mine.

10. Braviary
    9. Gliscor
    8. Manectric
    7. Hawlucha
    6. Honchkrow
    5. Flygon
    4. Empoleon
    3. Latios
    2. Mienshao
    1. Sawk

Here's explanations on why I like these Pokémon in particular. It's in these spoilers as it's rather text heavy.

Spoiler:

Honorable Mentions:
    Latias, Arcanine and Marowak

Want to know a funny thing about this Top 10? Four of the Pokémon in it have died. Latios died to save Altomare in the fifth movie while Manectric, Honchkrow and Mienshao get killed by the Ultimate Weapon in Y. In addition to that, Marowak has been killed by Team Rocket before, but if it were to be in my Top 10 (It originally was!), then half of my Top 10 have experienced death before. :P

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    There is a ton of Pokémon I like, haha. Though, if I were to list my top ten, I'd say first would have to be Vulpix. I'm fan of this one mostly due to appearance; to me, it looks huggable, cuddly, and generally just super-adorable! If Pokémon had existed in real life, I would definitely consider having this as a pet. Plus, it evolves into Ninetales, which is very viable competitively and whatnot due to it having Drought ability.

Up next is Togekiss. Like Vulpix, this one is cute as well, but when it comes to battling, it could be extremely dangerous. It has Serene Grace, which doubles effects of all attacks that it strikes, allowing it to take better advantage to moves such as Air Slash, causing opponents to usually flinch and do anything ib response. If it manages to set up Thunder Wave beforehand, it's able to get through foes much easier. Due to similar reasons as Togekiss, I'm also a fan of Jirachi and Shaymin-Sky (latter is banned, however, which sucks).

I'm very fond of Gyarados, as it's quite easy to utilize as an attacker and whatnot. Plus, its design is fierce, which I believe complements the Pokémon without any trouble at all. Because of similar things, I like Scizor, Metagross, Tyranitar, and Garchomp, too.

Number ten would likely have to be Swampert.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • 1 Murkrow
    Your Top 10 Pokémon?

Pimpkrow. If there is such a thing as a Pokesona this thing would be mine. An intelligent creature who is up to no good. Also wears an awesome hat. Was ready for the greatest Hat Simulator 7 years before it even happened.

You just had a heart attack because you just realized you will never be as classy as this bird.

2 Swellow
    Your Top 10 Pokémon?

This thing is so damn smug. Just look at it. It's sick of looking at you and your pathetic weak nature. GTFO. Also Toxic orb + facade nonsense.

3 Ninjask
    Your Top 10 Pokémon?

It's a robot bug. That goes so ****ing fast you can't see it. Last time we had a robot bug that did that he looked kind of stupid. Thank god game freak got it right the second time. Also lol baton pass

4 Hawluncha
    Your Top 10 Pokémon?

Cake or death? Too late, you're already dead, should have answered before this thing decided you looked like a good target for Flying Press.

5 Ariados
    Your Top 10 Pokémon?

It's a spider with horns and a sick ass colour scheme. This thing is ready to ruin your day. And therefore this thing is awesome. If only it was better competitively.

6 Sceptile
    Your Top 10 Pokémon?

So you might think to hide from all of these awesome kick ass Pokemon which basically want you dead that you could hide in the jungle. Big mistake, nerd. Now you got this damn ninja lizard on your tail who can cut you with the leaves on his arm. And once I told a blind man who was totally screwed up on acid how Sceptile could do that, and all he could say was "holy ****". True story, nerds.

7 Skarmory
    Your Top 10 Pokémon?

So you decide "oh my god **** this **** I'm going to the mountains" and you think lol no more pokemon SORRY SON NOW YOU'RE IN THE TERRITORY OF A STEEL BIRD WITH WINGS SO SHARP PEOPLE USED ITS FEATHERS FOR MAKING SWORDS

you're pretty much boned now

8 Bisharp
    Your Top 10 Pokémon?

"hahaha leaves that can cut you that's so stupid" k so we got you a pokemon that jumped right to sharp metal blades happy now

oh maybe not because your arm is missing because Bisharp is just that badass

9 Buizel
    Your Top 10 Pokémon?

no top 10 pokemon list is complete without a cute pokemon that isn't out there to kill you. Unless you're Charizard. Then he'll use waterfall on your tail. Sorry bruh.

10 Samurott
    Your Top 10 Pokémon?

You know how I said there were cute Pokemon on this list? Well guess what we already used our obligatory one cute pokemon so now we're in daddy-with-a-belt territory again. Except this daddy doesn't have a belt. He has swords. Tucked in his arms. And a giant horn that will pierce your heart. And probably kill you in the process.

Last edited:

Vinny Vidi Vici

Leave Luck To Heaven
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    I don't know if I can give thorough explanations for each choice as I'll probably be here for an hour if I try to do that, but I can give a rough list. My favourite 5 are pretty much set in stone, while 6 to 10 could probably change on any given day, but I'll do just go with what I'm feeling at this moment. Also I'll keep it to 1 pokemon per evolutionary family as it would be boring to have both Haunter, Gengar, Murkrow and Honchkrow on my list.

1. Murkrow
    2. Jolteon
    3. Haunter
    4. Cresselia
    5. Heracross
    6. Infernape
    7. Togekiss
    8. Greninja
    9. Whimsicott
    10. Tyranitar

Years
  • 10. Bibarel - Simply put, one time while playing Platinum, I found a shiny Bibarel. I solo'd with that thing all the way to the Elite Four, where it was unfortunately KOed by a Thunderbolt from Flint's Magmortar.
    9. Golem - I used one the whole way on my SoulSilver Nuzlocke, which led me to believe Golem is better than I thought. And, while training one day, I found a shiny Graveler, which once traded, got me my second shiny, Golem.
    8. Greninja - I decided that I would name my Froakie "Blubs" two months before X and Y came out. Blubs eventually turned into a Lv. 100 ninja frog, who was good at destroying things, especially Diantha's Hawlucha...and practically everything else on Diantha's team.
    7. Infernape - Infernape is soooo much better than Unova's elemental monkeys it's not even funny. It's #7 on this list simply because I've only ever used one Infername on my team.
    6. Typhlosion - I ALWAYS wanted a Typhlosion ever since I laid eyes on it, and last summer I finally got one. It's higher than Infernape on my list because Typhlosion was the lone survivor when I beat Red in SoulSilver.
    5. Blaziken - Blaziken definitely deserves to be in Ubers, because it is sooo powerful. It was the leader of my original Pokemon Y team, easily being the first to Lv. 100. I just can't seem to go through X and Y without a Blaziken, as I've used 3.
    4. Charizard - My Charizard on LeafGreen was also a leader, as he always seemed to be the first to level up. I also have a shiny 6IV Charizard on my competitive X team, which destroys all.
    3. Gengar - Gengar wouldn't have even been on my top 10 list a couple of months ago. But, ever since I started using one competitively, I've found that it is a really good Pokemon, not to mention its design.
    2. Krookodile - This is probably one of the coolest looking Pokemon in my eyes - come on, it's wearing sunglasses! I've also trained one of these boys up to Lv. 100.
    1. Emboar - My first starter, and my mascot. I've raised two of these bad boys the whole 95 levels.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    They're in no order and to be honest there are a ton of Pokemon that could fit into my top ten. SO, my current top ten would be the first ten Pokemon I can think of that I love right at this moment! Again, in no particular order.

1. Pikachu
    2. Totodile
    3. Espeon
    4. Bellossom
    5. Goomy
    6. Litwick
    7. Togekiss
    8. Absol
    9. Flygon
    10. Altaria

All of them have just been a part of my life in a big way in some way or another. That or in some cases was just a case of love at first sight and just they never wavered (in this case I'm mainly talking about Goomy and Litwick since they're more recent favorites but. yeah.).

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    ughh these kinds of questions are my favorite but so hard for me to answer!! These are in no particular order besides the first one.

Bellsprout
    Staryu
    Clefable
    Jynx
    Steelix
    Mawile
    Cradily
    Florges
    Banette
    Golurk

I would put some honorable mentions but I started to list and it was getting insane looool. These aren't really set in stone I have a large group of favorites that change in and out from being in the top just depends on my mood.

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2024
    I'd say my favourite pokémon are:

1: Empoleon

This is my favourite Pokémon without doubt. Since I started playing Diamond, it has been Number One. Its design it's amazing, and he is a really great Pokémon. (I'm not talking competitively-wise, I don't care about competitive).

2: Feraligatr

Another one of my starters. I don't use it nowadays to play with friends, but it was my best Pokémon aside from Empoleon in HGSS days.

3: Hydreigon

He took ages to level up, but it was worth the effort because he is a really amazing Pokémon.

4: Articuno

I've always loved Articuno since I started playing Pokémon. His design is so great.

5: Charizard

My first starter ever. It'd be my favourite if he was Fire/Dragon and not Fire/Flying. Also, Charizard X is one of the few Mega-Evolutions that I really like.

6: Absol

It's not the better battling-wise, but the design is so great. Also, his Mega-Evolution is amazing.

7: Darkrai

It could've been even higher, but he is there. Really amazing Pokémon. I started to like him in Mystery Dungeon, and thanks to Pokémon Ranger: Shadows Of Almia, he became a Top 10 Pokémon.

8: Gengar

Great Pokémon. I have had one in each of my last three Pokémon Game playthrough, (Official Games and Fan Games) because it helps a lot. Also, the design is one of the best in Pokémon history, I think.

9: Rhyperior

This Pokémon and Feraligatr were my best Pokémon in HGSS and I started to like it very much at that time. The design is the best among Electivire, Magmortar, Lickylicky and him.

And last, but not worst, 10: Suicune, Raikou & Entei.

I had to put all of them into the same place because they are equally great to me. I have all of them in shiny form & normal form. They are so great, design-wise & battling-wise.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Swellow
    Altaria
    Vespiquen
    Lumineon
    Lunatone (Solrock)
    Roserade
    Vanilluxe
    Purugly
    Mismagius
    Froslass

My top 10 seem to be focused generally around Gen III & Gen IV which happen to be my top two favourite generations. The later Pokémon appeal more to me for some reason.

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
    Years
  • Forgive me for my bad explaining skills, but I'll give it a shot.
    1. Gastrodon (I personally think Gastrodon is absolutely adorable. I've been using one named Sheldon in my X version and he's just so fun to use. I love his design, his typing, the experience of using him on my team, and basically anything else you can think of)
    2. Aurorus (I really bonded with my Amaura named Pandora when I used him in my Y version. When he evolved he just became a really great Pokémon and he was the first who's affection was maxed out on Pokémon Amie)
    3. Aggron (I used one in my White 2 version named Komuso and loved him right away. I loved using an Aggron so much that I bred for a shiny Aron named Nobel and used him in my X version. I usually have a rule of not using a type of Pokémon twice, but I just had to break it)
    4. Sharpedo (I'm a shark nut. I can't help but put Sharpedo in my top list. I'm going to be using one in my Alpha Sapphire version)
    5. Haxorus (I just love the idea of a dinosaur thing with a giant ax on his face. I used him in my Y version and he was great)
    6. Tropius (I love this guy's design so much. I can't wait to use him in my Alpha Sapphire game)
    7. Eelektross (I love Eels too. The fact that he's an electric type with levitate was really exciting to see as I'd been waiting to see a Pokémon with that ability for a while)
    8. Yanmega (I don't really know where my love for Yanmega came from tbh. I just looked at him and thought "wow that's a cool Pokémon" and fell in love)
    9. Walrein (When I was little, I had a Pokémon card from the Magma vs. Aqua set with Team Aqua's Walrein on it. For some reason, I really loved that card and carried it everywhere with me. I created an attachment to Walrein because of that card and it has stuck for years since)
    10. Houndoom (Houndoom actually held the number 1 spot longer than any other Pokémon has. When I was little, I loved dogs and anything to do with dog Pokémon. I thought an evil looking dog with horns and bones all over it was awesome and it really stuck with me for years. I've never had the opportunity to use one in a team, but I'm hoping to use one during my Omega Ruby playthrough)

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    10:
    Your Top 10 Pokémon?

9:
    Your Top 10 Pokémon?

8:
    Your Top 10 Pokémon?

7:
    Your Top 10 Pokémon?

6:
    Your Top 10 Pokémon?

5:
    Your Top 10 Pokémon?

4:
    Your Top 10 Pokémon?

3:
    Your Top 10 Pokémon?

2:
    Your Top 10 Pokémon?

1:
    Your Top 10 Pokémon?
    Your Top 10 Pokémon?

I like a lot more Pokemon, but this is just my top ten :P

Last edited:

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • 1. Scrafty- It's adorable and it definitely has its charms. <3 I could explain why I love it so much in further detail but I don't feel like doing story time.
    2. Hydreigon- Was the reason why I got the Unova games in the first place (before Scrafty grew on me a lot).
    3. Heliolisk- I love lizards and it's a neat looking Pokemon.
    4. Houndoom- Former favourite Pokemon.
    5. Mightyena- Cool design. Doesn't do well in competitive play. :(
    6. Manectric- Wolves are my favourite animal and Manectric is definitely a cool Pokemon.
    7. Arcanine- Fluffy tiger dog. Nuff said.
    8. Skarmory- Oh man, this Poke is on almost all my competitive teams. Lovely design too.
    9. Salamence- I love Dragons and Mence is cool looking.
    10. Gliscor/Noivern- I can't really decide on these two; they both have a unique desgn.

Hooray for briefness!

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    So, I can't just say "all of them" and be done with it? It's actually hard for me, especially because I haven't even used half of them all, which is why my list is changing relatively often.

My all-time favorites:
    - Venomoth: It was my highest leveled Pokemon on my very first full team I ever made back in Pokemon Blue. Unfortunately it was victim to a corrupted save file...
    - Celebi: As funny as it may sound, but it's mostly one of my all-time favorites because I never managed to get one up untill X and Y. In Gold it was the only missing Pokemon in my Pokedex and first time I heard of it, the events where it was distributed were already over. In Ruby and Sapphire I heard there was a bug that would let it spawn randomly, but in my version of the game it was already fixed.

My nostalgia favorites:
    - Flygon: wanted to have one the moment I saw Drake use them, but it took a long time until I figured out how to get one. Since then it has been my favorite Dragon Type Pokemon
    - Kyorge: It just looked so cool on the box art of Pokemon Sapphire, which is why I used it a lot in that game.
    - Gardevoir: I'm not exactly sure when I first decided to use one, but since then it has been on so many of my teams. It's also funny how it was designed as a male Pokemon, but is treated as a female {XD}

My "just happen to be my favorites at the moment" favorites:
    - Jirachi: It's kinda similar to Celebi, I never got my hands on a legit one, which is kind of sad, tbh.
    - Gastrodon: Since I skipped DPPt I only recently started using gen 4 Pokemon. Who needs Quagsire, or even Swampert, if he can have this awesome guy? I like it's design quite a lot and it's such a tank in battle.
    - Traunmagil: kinda similar to Gastrodon
    - Gallade: same reason as Gastrodon and Traunmagil
    - Azumarill: Who doesn't like a hard hitting aqua bunny that looks like a certain sweet for kids?

There are still a lot more that I could mention, like Scyther, Scizor, Gliscor, etc.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2022
    Number 10 - Garbodor

Number 9 - Breloom

Number 8 - Sandslash

Number 7 - Typhlosion

Number 6 - Flygon

Number 5 - Rayquaza

Number 4 - Sylveon

Number 3 - Hawlucha

Number 2 - Sceptile

Number 1 - Gallade

Years
  • Meh, I made this list last year. I think it represents my nerdom.

100. Venusaur
    99. Alakazam
    98. Chandelure
    97. Unfezant (male)
    96. Gorebyss
    96. Masquerain
    95. Stoutland
    94. Sceptile
    93. Tropius
    92. Mightyena
    91. Pidgeot
    90. Audino
    89. Marowak
    88. Breloom
    87. Walrein
    86. Torterra
    85. Helioptile
    84. Sandshrew
    83. Gyarados
    82. Beartic
    81. Persian
    80. Reuniclus
    79. Goodra
    78. Medicham
    76. Bellossom
    75. Jumpluff
    74. Infernape
    73. Primeape
    72. Espeon
    71. Beautifly
    70. Nidoqueen
    69. Vaporeon
    68. Ampharos
    67. Piloswine
    66. Miltank
    65. Camerupt
    64. Zebstrika
    63. Swanna
    62. Musharna
    61. Slurpuff
    60. Sylveon
    59. Ludicolo
    58. Girafarig
    57. Emolga
    56. Ninetales
    55. Clefable
    54. Gothitelle
    53. Sawsbuck
    52. Hydreigon
    51. Tyrantrum
    50. Garchomp
    49. Lopunny
    48. Gardevoir
    47. Delcatty
    46. Cradily
    45. Houndoom
    44. Corsola
    43. Hydreigon
    42. Scyther
    41. Butterfree
    40. Volcarona
    39. Blaziken
    38. Vileplume
    37. Mismagius
    36. Furrfrou
    35. Aromatisse
    34. Crobat
    33. Blissey
    32. Jynx
    31. Meinshao
    30. Whimsicott
    29. Greninja
    28. Delphox
    27. Aurorus
    26. Meganium
    25. Altaria
    24. Froslass
    23. Mandibuzz
    22. Florges
    21. Kingdra
    20. Arcanine
    19. Manectric
    18. Raichu
    17. Flygon
    16. Roserade
    15. Samurott
    14. Gourgeist
    13. Jellicent
    12. Luxray
    11. Gastrodon
    10. Leavanny
    9. Pyroar
    8. Liepard
    7. Lapras
    6. Serperior
    5. Rapidash
    4. Dragalge
    3. Lilligant
    2. Vespiquen
    1. Milotic

Years
  • 10. Kabutops
    9. Luxio
    8. Typlosion
    7. Aggron
    6. Metagross
    5. Tyranitar
    4. Scyther
    3. Gardevoir
    2. Terrakion
    1. Zoroark

Honorable mentions to: Lapras, Ludicolo, Darkrai, and Empoleon.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Yay tops ten idk this list will change a lot haha
    10. Lanturn
    9. Togekiss
    8. Pyroar
    7. Pacharisu
    6. Emolga
    5. Lopunny
    4. Dedenne
    3. Volcarona