• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Top 5 Types

Serperior_is_win

My mom says I'm a master!
Years
  • 1. Psychic - They put mind over matter, kinda like me :P. Not to mention the fact that they generally have a huge move-pool and have some of the bestest pokemon, Alakazam and Gallade are my favourites.

2. Dragon - I love dragon types mostly because of their move-pool and the fact that the only two types they're weak to are fairly rare themselves. Like psychic they can learn most any type of move and have some really cool pokemon. Dragonair and Hydreigon are my favourites.

3. Grass - I like Grass Pokemon because they're kinda overlooked by some people when they have the potential to become really great Pokemon. I mean, when I play wireless with my friends and my Serperior wins they always say "How did you beat me? You used a grass Pokemon, they're so weak". The don't have the move-pool that psychic and dragon do but their move pool is generally good anyway. My favourites are Serperior and Tropius

4. Ghost - Again, they have a big move-pool from all different types but what I really like about them is the amount of immunities they have: 3(since very few don't have levitate). Plus they're all mysterious and ghost-y :). My favourites are Chandelure and Drifblim

5. Fire - I love playing with fire... Pokemon, mostly because these guys are brick houses; they're really strong and quite fast but have defense stats that are not to be sneezed at. I also like the way a lot of them are designed. My favs are Charizard and Volcarona

infersaime

Come and get me
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    1 fire I always pick the fire except torchic
    2 ghost I just like them they can't be attacked by normal and fighning moves wich make the powerfull
    3 dark Just like those because I hate psychic
    4 grass is my second chose on third, fourth, fifth gen for starter and I like to use them to counter my rival
    5 ground I like their moves.

Years
  • 1. Steel - Ever since it was first introduced, Steel has been my favorite hands down
    2. Ice - I love freezing over other status ailments, and I generally just love the moves
    3. Normal - Normal type Pokemon are usually the most versatile, as many can learn a large variety of moves
    4. Bug - I've only started liking Bug types over the past year or so, and I always have to have a strong Bug Pokemon in my team
    5. Poison - After freezing, poisoning is my second favorite status ailment. I'm not necessarily a fan of Poison types, but I love moves like Toxic!

Last edited:

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
  • 1. Flying :: Birds are cute
    2. Ice :: Idk I just like them :D
    3. Grass :: I am obsessed with Erufuun >w<;
    4. Electric :: Most of them has awesome designs XD
    5. Water or Psychic or Dark :: I like them all. :>

poke are poke

mischievous
    Years
  • 1. FLYING and BUG: ım obessed wıth these types and wıll not assemble a team wıthout them
    2.Ghost: ı loved the ıdea that some attaks dont affect them. They are also weak to themselves
    3.Dark: one reason: kılls those annoyıng pychıcs.
    4. Water and fıre: ı always complete a game twıce. Fırst the water starter, then the fıre
    5.Rock: ı fınd rock to be a very ınterstıng type.

shinysweety

In it to win it! :D
    Years
  • 1. Grass, I have found many Grass type really cute and cool like Belossom!
    2. Water, there are so many water types that i love like Lumineon
    3. Flying, Flying pokemon are soo cute! Like togekiss or Starly!
    4. Ice, this is one of my fave types cause Glaceon and Frosslas are the type Ice.
    5. Electric, and last but not least, i have loved electric ever since i knew about pokemon, i love that Mareep, Pikachu, Pachirisu, Flaffy and so much more!

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    1. Psychic: Psychics have always interested me. Ever since I raised an Espeon and Kadabra in Generation II, I've always been fond of them. I also like their designs.

2. Ice: While playing FireRed and LeafGreen, I always traded to get a Jynx. Along with the Lapras that you get in Generation I. I'v always liked their designs, so sleek looking.

3. Water: Surf pretty much made my like Water types.

4. Fighting: Close Combat, Aura Sphere, Drain Punch. Not only those, but mainly due to how powerful they can be and the potential for unique concepts that they have.

5. Bug: I really don't know why I adore bug types, I just do.

Shea Man

Karakuri Dôji Ultimo Fanboy
    Years
  • 1. Fire, for Torchic and Blaziken and Infernape and and and...
    2. Grass, for Shaymin :3
    3. Flying, for Shaymin :3
    4. Dark, for awesomeness.
    5. Water, to balance out the first two.

oocyst

SOFTware
    Years
  • 1. Ghost - I like the designs for most ghost type Pokemon and the type is pretty strong.
    2. Bug - I used to hate bug type, but I like it now.
    3. Fire - I just like the idea of fire type Pokemon.
    4. Water
    5. Grass

PunxsatownyPhil

The guy who still uses a GBC
    Years
  • 1. Rock/Water
    3. Ground
    4. Ghost
    5. Steel

There are specific type combinations I really like though. See my claims.

Faeiri

Pokémon Noob
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2020
    1. Dragon - dem designs. There's maybe one dragon that I don't like the design of, and they're all fun to use.
    2. Water - They're only weak to two types, and usually the water starters look the best to me.
    3. Bug - When they're good, they're REALLY good. Galvantula, Volcarona, Scizor, I'm looking at you. The early-game bugs are amazing for the first few gyms as well.
    4. Ghost - I haven't actually used a ghost type yet, but their designs are wonderful.
    5. Psychic - A lot of great Pokemon, plus I've always been partial to using your mind to attack.

Years
  • 1. Fire (Charmander was my first Pokémon and I always pick the fire starter. :))
    2. Flying
    3. Psychic
    4. Water
    5. Grass

MegaSlowBro.

泣かないで。
    Years
  • 1. Fire - They've got some pretty cool moves, along with good offensive stats.
    2. Fighting - Their wide range of move types generally give me versatility.
    3. Ice - Designs are awesome (and unique).
    4. Grass - Self-healing moves :D
    5. Flying - Quick to strike, and most look pretty elegant.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • Fire- I just like it.
    Electric- Pikachu, Zekrom, Zapdos, need I go on?
    Dark- They are just awsome.
    Dragon- Pure Power-Houses.
    Fighting- Gallade, Lucario, Machamp, yet again, need I go on?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Top 5 types? Oh man, this is gonna be tough!

1. Grass - They're so useful and I love like... 80% of the Pokemon of this type, including Meganium and Leavanny. :)
    2. Water - This is the 2nd type that I love. This type looks better when combining electric and grass as dual-types. Favorites include Lanturn, Gastrodon, and Quagsire.
    3. Electric - Same as water, but I prefer this to be a stand-alone type. Raichu and Jolteon are my favorites.
    4. Dark - Though there are lack of good moves for this type, Umbreon is the reason why I like dark-type Pokemon.
    5. Fighting - I wasn't too fond of this type, honestly...until I added Mienshao to my favorites.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    1. Water - This is my favorite type because I love water as an element in general. I like many water Pokémon designs and find them highly useful in the games. I would always pick the water starter if the regions weren't full of other good water types already.

The following are in no particular order:
    2. Grass
    3. Ice
    4. Flying or Ground
    5. Dragon - I'm not as crazy on Dragon type Pokémon as many other people are, but I like many dragon Pokémon designs and they're very powerful in the games.

Years
  • 1. Psychic - It's the power of the mind! Also, speedy Pokemon.
    2. Electric - Electricity. Also, Jolteon and Pikachu. Again, speedy Pokemon.
    3. Flying - Even more speedy Pokemon.
    4. Ground - Sturdy Pokemon.
    5. Fire - Playing with fire is fun. Also has a few cool starters.

Water is just off this list.

zlip

______
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    1.Dark-Moderatly powerful but fast and cool designs
    2.Ghost-Just like them
    3.Ice-Not that many and the ones I do catch help me out alot (dragons ug)
    4.Pyschic-Powerful and have good moves to mess with your oppent
    5.Ground-Heavy hitters that cann also take a hit too.

Back