• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Worst Subject In School

Your worst subject

• Mathematics

Votes: 45 39.8%
  • Language Arts

Votes: 12 10.6%
  • Science

Votes: 11 9.7%
  • Computers

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Health

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • P.E.

Votes: 15 13.3%
  • Foriegn Languages

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • Other

Votes: 20 17.7%

• Total voters

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    Hey all,

In lieu of school about to end, I decided to make a pointless thread pertaining to school subjects. What subject do you struggle with the most??? Do you despise this subject?

(P.S.- I know the poll is pretty generic, so feel free to go into detail about which science, type of math, etc, if need be:))

Magmarizer

Hitokiri Battōsai
    Years
    CHEMISTRY!!! it is the most pointless of all science.i dont want to how to titrate an acid! At least its over, and i have physics to look foward to.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    CHEMISTRY!!! it is the most pointless of all science.i dont want to how to titrate an acid! At least its over, and i have physics to look foward to.
    Have fun with Projectile Motion, unless you like Trig and a lot of work. A lot.

English. Don't ask. I have my reasons. mainly me hating reports, butyeah.

Eldrei

Banned
    Years
    In my country they have this subject called religion. I hate it since I'm agnostic and I don't usually listen to my teacher's lies.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011

Pointless? You have to be kidding! Fair enough if you don't like it and won't ever use it, but to say it's pointless is simply untrue. It has many, many applications in the real world. Chemistry is everywhere and ties in closely with the other sciences such as physics and biology. No doubt you'd need to know some chemistry for physics.

For me, it was always maths hands down. I mean, I do like maths but I am terrible at it. I can remember a mathematical rule or equation for about 2 weeks before forgetting it, even if I keep practising it. Trigonometry, you want to know how many times I've learned it? Okay, once in 3rd year high school, I understood it but had to keep re-learning it for my exam. 4th year we revised it and I had to re-learn it several times again. 5th year we went a bit more in-depth, I kept trying to re-learn it but didn't remember it for long enough, by exam time I didn't have enough time to re-learn it again. Community college I wanted to brush up, thought I'd finally mastered it but within about a month I had entirely forgot once again, and had to re-learn as if I had never learned it before. By the way, failed the exam. 2nd year community college, same situation with the re-learning, managed to scrape a pass. University we covered a lot of maths in half a semester - failed, with trig and algebra being the main culprits. Oh, yeah, and no need to explain but I'll say anyway, start of university I had completely forgotten trig and had to re-learn again.

I can't seem to remember maths for very long. It's getting to be a serious problem. Trig is the worst part I find, but there's other aspects I have also had to re-learn over and over and over again, and forgotten in alarmingly short spaces of time.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    Chemistry isn't pointless. Something like religion, when you're not religious, is pointless.

And I'd have to say Japanese.

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2010
    I live in holland and i suck at everything except netherlands (its like english but then you learn dutch grammar and stuff)

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Oh, dude, where is SOCIAL STUDIES?! DX DX DX DX DX DX DX DX DX DX DX DX!!!

Seriously, I suck with history. I don't think I'll do any better with Geography either.

I also suck at language arts, but that's mainly because most of my teachers were bad.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2019
    P.E. - I HATE most sporting in general. I'll exercise, but only solo. Not at school.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    FFFFFFFFFPhysics.
    thankfully im done with physics
    after that, it would have to be PE,

I ahte gym :<

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    Physical Education, Religious Education¹ and Personal Education. Not relevant to my interests at all.

¹ All we learnt about was Christianity. Over and over and over. THERE ARE OTHER RELIGIONS OUT THERE PLZKTHNX.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Foreign Languages, I am quite happy speaking English, and as a Dutch friend once said to me: "there's no point in learning other European languages, because practically all of us learn English anyway."
    Also schools also only ever teach the basics of languages (at least that's all my school did), you won't be able to get fluent in it unless you take a lot more extra study, so the whole idea of trying to learn a new language at school is redundant, because the basics that are taught won't get you anywhere.
    Yeah they taught me how to say cat and dog in French (not like that's going to be useful, unless they have them on the menu) and how to ask for directions, but once I've boldly strolled up to some hapless French citizen and announced that I am lost and looking for directions in my ridiculous French accent attempt, I won't understand the reply because this unlucky French person has no idea what this silly English guy has and hasn't learned in his French class, he may try talking to me, but odds are that I'll just be standing there with a blank face: 8-| "merci" and not have any idea of what was just said to me.

Apart from that I do fairly well in all subjects.

Years
    I don't understand why people hate math so much. I find it easy. I choose science for my worst class. Science is just a bunch of theories. :(

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
    Pisstory, I hate this boring crap.
    I also dislike literature because I hate books. I'd rather read it on a PC (geeky stuff).

In my country they have this subject called religion. I hate it since I'm agnostic and I don't usually listen to my teacher's lies.
    Welcome to the club dude.

Back