• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Worst Subject In School

Your worst subject

• Mathematics

Votes: 45 39.8%
  • Language Arts

Votes: 12 10.6%
  • Science

Votes: 11 9.7%
  • Computers

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Health

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • P.E.

Votes: 15 13.3%
  • Foriegn Languages

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • Other

Votes: 20 17.7%

• Total voters

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
Years
  • Most of the trouble I have with Math is probably due to the fact that I'm going through the curriculum to quickly. As a Sophomore in High School, I just finished Calculus, and I barely managed to pass that class with a B. I had a fantastic math teacher in seventh grade, prompting me to take 3--yes, 3--math classes in 8th grade. I'm now a year ahead of most of my friends, and I can already tell that I do not want to go into a profession that involves complex math. I'm going to blame that on incredibly boring teachers. I had one fantastic teacher in seventh grade, and I've had an impossibly high standard ever since then that my subsequent teachers have failed to live up to. Oh well.

I think my best subject is English. I fail at reading. I use Sparknotes every time, and I don't think I've actually finished a book since the last Harry Potter. Still, I think I'm a good writer, and I enjoy the discussion in that class. I also had a great English teacher this last year, and I had a lot of fun in her class, even though I got a C- the last term. :P

My worst subject is World Language. I've studied Mandarin Chinese for 4 years now, and thanks to my poor study habits, I haven't moved passed the swear words. Oh well.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2011
    CHEMISTRY!!! it is the most pointless of all science.i dont want to how to titrate an acid! At least its over, and i have physics to look foward to.
    I agree, chemistry is pointless to learn! Even biology (My most hated subject) can be useful if you want to be a doctor! (But I don't want to be a doctor, just seeing a picture of liver makes me sick!)
    As for my best subjects, they are maths, history, and computer. If anyone in my class has some difficulity with maths, they usually come and 'bother' me...

Last edited:

Rainflower

분홍신
    Years
  • Physics ;_____; (my Biology and Chemistry marks were... good) Thank God I'm not going to see Science again since I'm going to Social major xD

reyzn

Years
  • Definitely Calculus 12. I don't even know why I took that course and how I got in with my mediocre math grades. I understood nothing from the course and I guess my teacher took pity on me because I managed to pass.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2011
    Even though my friends said that I'm good at math, it doesn't mean that I'm a big fan of it! Although I'm not even a high school student yet, I've learned calculus a little and it's so not easy!

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2010
    Science is the worst for me. I never understood chemistry and I was always screwing up the lab assignments. I'm pretty good at math even though I don't like it all. I'm more of a history/social studies/foreign languages kind of guy.

hiphiphippo

hip hip hurray!
    Years
  • well i'm still in middle school (2 moar weeks T_T) but um, math...?

it's not hard, but it's the most difficult one to get an A in for me

i usually understand everything as long as i'm paying attention, and i do fine with the problems... but the grading structure for it just screws everyone up

math has like no classwork grades to balance out the others, and homework grades don't count for a lot. so... it's all down to tests.

even if you ace all your tests, your overall grade would still be like 95%-
    if you do poorly on even 1, it'll kill your grade
    if you get a good grade, it wont even improve your grade

Celestic

<3~
    Years
    • Age 30
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 17, 2010
    My worst subject is history. :( I'm terrible at it, but I won't have to take another history class my senior year! I'm so excited! :)

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
  • Ironically, English. I love the subject, I hated the teacher, and, if you ask anyone in the class, it was mutual.

I do have a few stories under my belt, so...

Alkaide

••» I hate my homework!
    Years
  • Actually I like all the above mentioned subjects.

So, I hate GEOGRAPHY (but not the one dealing with universe).

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
  • My worst subject in school would probably be Physics and Chemistry, I always had a hard time with the terms and formulas. I enjoy both of the classes. but if you don't understand a section, you won't understand the rest of the class which happen to me but thankfully I caught up.

But my favorite subject of all time would be Math, no doubt.

KillehKiwi

Fluent in Sarcasm.
    Years
  • Mmm..... Math. Although I'm good at Math, I just hate it! I took advanced mathematics this year, and, although I mostly understood it, I hated it. WHEN are we going to need to know how to find the value of x in a fraction alegbra problem or some of the other pointless stuff I had to learn?

I didn't really have a 'worst' subject this year, though. I got a 4.0 average on my final report card, so I guess I did well in all of my subjects.

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
  • Math.
    It's not that I'm bad at it, I just hate doing it.
    Which is why I had a D on my report card for the 11 missing assignments :D

Back