• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your WTF moments?

WildEagle

Call me, Your Royal Freshness
    Years
    When I was grinding levels on Audino on route 7 for 5 straight shaking grass all I found was Emolga, I swear it has a 5% chance of appearing.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2016
    When a very low level pokemon used Attract on my higher level pokemon and I didn't get one attack in! The lower level finally killed me in what seemed like an hour later. I am a failure. T.T

Spacial Sage

i don't care if you don't.
    Years
    Last night when I got a japanese tornadus and carracosta off of the GTS Negotiations I was pretty surprised.

Also, I got offered a level 12 shiny moltres. I'm so lucky!

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    Lol I got my pokemon infected with PKRS and one hour later,'A wild (blue) Ditto appeared!'... I mean what's the percentage of this happening in a short period of time?

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2014
    I just had a WTF moment at the end of the game and this is rare because I've been playing pokemon since they first came out and rarely does anything surprise me. So I'm at the end, ready to fight Reshiram and prepared to used thirty ultra balls to catch the thing. So I get it's hp down to a silver in one hit mind you but that didn't shock me. It was when I threw my ultra ball expecting it to pop out and the thing clicked and said, "You caught Reshiram!" ............................ My jaw dropped to the ground and I was so shocked I nearly cursed at the game. That has never happened in my eleven years playing these games! I spent forty trying to catch Giratina in Platinum!
    WTF! WTF! WTF!!!!

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    I was in the 2nd gym and I read "It tastes good cooked in a hot pot." as the book question, and the only other answer to the question I thought was the Tepig book. I then proceeded to laugh for 5 minutes. Good thing I put my hatched Tepig in the PC so he didn't have to hear that.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    How easy the Dragon type gym was. I hadn't even evolved my Vanilish yet and it pwned EVERYTHING.
    How hard the electric type gym was. Ironically, after I caught a Drilbur, I won, but it didn't play a big part in my victory. In fact, I expected to have to spam dig on Zebstrika. But the only thing it even fought against was an emolga, which Dig is ineffective against...

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
    Years
    Every single time I hit an Emolga, Static paralyzes my Pokemon. Seriously, it has a 30% chance of happening. Yet it behaves like it was 100%. It has happened about a hundred times already. Seriously, WTF?

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years
    After beating the E4, N, and GheTFO, my first stop was Challenger Cave.
    Beat the Backpacker.
    But got swept (!) by the Ace Trainer just downstairs.

By the Ace Trainers Dratini. Because it got TWO dragon dances behind it.
    A Dratini sweep? LOL!

Hence getting to the PokeTransfer lab became my TOP priority.

Now I have a L-100 Garchomp. And I lurve it vurry much.

The amount of times I find myself thinking back on:

Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

Mistralton Gym's wall-smacking cannon
    - "Don't worry, kid! We're gonna launch you good!"

Dragonspiral Tower
    -Tower of the Gods

Village Bridge's "Mr. Singer"
    -the "waa-waa" sound effects from various Wind Waker cut scenes

The Wind Frogs
    -the new trio of Tornado, Lando, and Thundo

Last edited by a moderator:

kirbyking1234

The Destroyer
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Apr 7, 2012
    When I was catching Tornadus I ended up catching it on my 2nd Ultra Ball. I was using a Wobbufett to keep it from running and before the 2nd ball had shaken even once I said "Omg you've got to be ******ing me." A little bit a prescience never hurts. Then there was the time I was using my Darkrai to catch Landorus I had it asleep and at the lowest possible health I could get it. If I had failed Bad Dreams would've killed it but I heard a Metal Noise when I threw the Ultra Ball and captured Landorus with a Critical Capture.

Shadow101thehedgehog

It all starts with this...
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen May 17, 2014
    When my pokemon evolved it always made me jump when it would glow then go back to normal (Right before it kinda splits apart and evolves). For the rest of that playthrough I would always jump when that happened.

bsabbath585

Legit Pkmn Master Son
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2015
    so i was doing the zoroark event, and i was thinking of critical catches, and my second capture was a critical catch, that was amazing

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years

I have one! :3

I got about 5 Critical Captures in a row, but they stop once I want to catch Tornadus -. -

Last edited:

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    The ferris wheel ride with N was absolutely pointless. Definitely a WTF moment.

There is some plot info and an area near the end of the first Pokemon League challenge that completely explains this and more of why N acts the way he does.

My wtf moments were...
    Team Plasma kicking the tar out of a Muuna. Totally wasn't expecting depictions of cruel violence in a Pokemon game.

Beating up preschoolers. ...Pretty sure these were the only people in the game I /didn't/ want to battle.

The entire plot. I was impressed.

Nearly getting destroyed by Cynthia, until I realized my Elektross was somehow my best Pokemon for taking out her Garchomp. ...Whaaaaat.

/Destroying/ the entire second Pokemon League with said Elektross.

Owning a pokemon with the word "Hax" in it's name.

Realizing that seasons change so slowly, even in game, that I'd have to replay it four different times just to get the full experience.

Realizing that N was the exact opposite of what I was expecting based off what little I knew. About the time he seemingly forced me onto a Ferris Wheel I was convinced he was a creeper just waiting to do awful things. This was only heightened when he started giving the impression that he really liked the main character. So much for that.

Realizing Hydreigon is considered a pseudo-legendary. I don't know, but I found it hilariously undeserving.

Watching how some of the Plasma Grunts did rather stupid, ridiculous things compared to their superiors, who seemed more serious to me. I was a bit meh about it.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    I lol'd at the ferris wheel scene. I also lol'd how easy your character is swayed by stuff. Like N says come over here and you just trot over there. Does he/she not know what stranger danger is!?

"Come with me, bb."
    "Sure, ok!"

Also, I WTF'd at the extrememly long bridge (that I went over FOUR TIMES on foot) and at that steel/dark type thing. It's like a power ranger!!

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Figuring out that Japanese people will trade anything for anything.

I put a bunch of Cinccino on WiFi, and I ended getting a PokeRUS'd Oshawott, Zorua, Tepig, and a bunch of other Pokemon that I wouldn't have believed someone would actually trade for.

I had others, but I forgot :S

Back