• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your WTF moments?

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
Years
  • When I faced Ghetsis I beat down his first 3 Pokemon easy then comes out Hydreigon and sweeps my team until I only have Serperior left and from there I was like GG it's over Serperior can't do anything but then he OHKO's the Hydreigon with Leaf Blade at max hp and then beat his last two guys. Then on I never doubted Serperior again!
    Also Elysa's Emolga ABUSING Volt Switch!!
    And finally catching Victini in a great ball in 5 turns

Edit: Also those Shadow Ninjas that just say "Come" lol they scared the crud outta me :)

Last edited:

Destiny.

The Absol Master
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2019
    Long bridge was VERY REALLY LONG. Oh, and I really freaked at the people scenes at eye level. o.O

Nugg

Le Diable Blanc
    Years
  • When I OHKO'd Iris' team.
    When I found a shiny Audino and caught it with a critical capture when I was grinding on Audinos o.o what are the chances?!

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    The uncanny resemblance between Protoman
    Spoiler:
    and then there's the Dark/Steel type Bisharp
    Spoiler:

Also, that toddler screamed "RAH HYPER BEAM" xD

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2016
    "Bianca, I can't believe you heard [insert Player's name]'s voice from that far away!"
    I'm pretty sure I haven't said one thing in the conversation where Bianca supposedly heard my voice. O_o

fire woven

Erif Nevow, my RP name
    Years
  • Mine was a Plasma Grunt who stated something along the lines of "I will hurt anyone who opposes Team Plasma." And teh ones that scream PPPLLLLLLAAAASSSSSSMMMAAAAAA after being defeated.

Figuring out that Japanese people will trade anything for anything.

I put a bunch of Cinccino on WiFi, and I ended getting a PokeRUS'd Oshawott, Zorua, Tepig, and a bunch of other Pokemon that I wouldn't have believed someone would actually trade for.

I had others, but I forgot :S
    I know this has nothing to do with the topic, but I once traded a lvl 1 Chinchou for a Lvl 1 Japanese Bulbasaur with some egg moves (curse and something else), but this was in HG.

Dreadnought

Imperador
    Years
  • When I caught 2 shiny pokemon in the space of 1 1/2 days. One was a shiny patrat I traded to someone and the other was a shiny basculin while I was surfing to the area to catch Braviary. Also when I first found Dragonite and Tyranitar in the wild on Unova Route 15 and Dragonspiral tower Lake.

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    I've got another one.

I was walking down the street and people were everywhere and started screaming "Wooo!" and "Oh no!"

Not sure what that was all about, I never knew about that and was like WTH when it happened.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    My WTF moment was in the Battle Company when Scientist Steve says "Everyone thinks I'm serious because I'm a scientist!" though, honestly, this wasn't really a WTF moment because it was kind of hilarious XD. I've been making jokes about serious scientists ever since. Also, I can guess what the nature on his trainer card was

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    My WTF moment was in the Battle Company when Scientist Steve says "Everyone thinks I'm serious because I'm a scientist!" though, honestly, this wasn't really a WTF moment because it was kind of hilarious XD. I've been making jokes about serious scientists ever since. Also, I can guess what the nature on his trainer card was

I just started to battle this guy as I read this, weird.

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2011
    My WTF Moment:

Why the heck were the first like four gyms impossible to beat with oshawott?

ingcoliptis

Best Pokémon Breeder NA 2015
    Years
  • mine is when the claptrap in borderlands became a ninja assassin. beating the game before mention of new revolution made me think WTF?

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2011
    Playing on Random Matchup against a guy with level 50 shiny legendaries. Then spending countless countless hours EV training my pokerus infected team to level 100 to dominate those hackers online only to find out that the level cap is level 50 O.o

Kamitsure-chan

Massive Cynthia fangirl. :3
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 15, 2011
    "PLASMAAAAAAAA!" Me: o.O wtf?

Also how ridiculously easy the dragon-type gym was. I KO'd all of them with Surf-spamming Samurott. -_-

How difficult Lenora was to beat. I was like O_O OMG WHAT.

kirbyking1234

The Destroyer
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Apr 7, 2012
    How the main character actually thinks a bit. Normally he/she doesn't say anything besides yes or no. They (Nintendo) actually made fun of this once in Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire where some NPC asks you where you come from and your only answer options are yes/no to which he replies Yes? I've never heard of a place like that and No? Well, you must come from somewhere! Anybody else notice the random dialog where your character thinks to himself?

iRoyBoy

Is the definition of yaoi
    Years
  • I actuly thought the ferris wheel ride with N was cool, and that the cutscene actuly had a drawing instead of a sprite.

My biggest WTF moment was when I caught Kyurem with a pokeball on my first try.
    That and when I went to beat Skyla my Galvantula killed each one of her birds with one hit from electro web. Granted I was around 10 levels higher than her...I power level.
    Also was when I noticed Buhrg had gay pride pictures in his gym. I know pokemon probably didn't mean that and they are just his paintings, but even so. And honey... running through honey. Also the fact that there were gay clowns everywhere in that gym, I ask why clowns in an artists gym, it looked more like a circus...

JB2448

A Giant Slice of Pecan Pie
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2016
    When I first saw N's room (along with hearing the accompanying creepy music), I thought "WTF?" When I then examined the room's contents, read their descriptions, and then realized it had no bed, I said out loud "W. T. F?"

Years
  • I actuly thought the ferris wheel ride with N was cool, and that the cutscene actuly had a drawing instead of a sprite.

My biggest WTF moment was when I caught Kyurem with a pokeball on my first try.
    That and when I went to beat Skyla my Galvantula killed each one of her birds with one hit from electro web. Granted I was around 10 levels higher than her...power level.

Also was when I noticed Burgh had gay pride pictures in his gym. I know pokemon probably didn't mean that and they are just his paintings, but even so. And honey... running through honey. Also the fact that there were gay clowns everywhere in that gym, I ask why clowns in an artists gym, it looked more like a circus...

Um...I think your whole "gay clowns" ordeal may be a a little too offensive.

Anyway, I came here to say that I caught Kyurem within 5 minutes. Got into the red zone, paralyzed, and I threw a Dusk Ball.

Congratulations! Kyurem has been caught! "Wait a minute...I catch a freaking legendary within 5 minutes, and yet I just spent half an hour trying to catch a freaking Metang?!"

Back