• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your WTF moments?

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Good: I was training my Frillish through Audino, and a shiny one appeared.
    Bad-ish: When I first realized the Sage at the E4 had the Dark/Dragon. Sweeped my entire team. >__>

mine would be that all of the trainers at route 11 speak Spanish on my English game.
    Is it supposed to be like that? or should I contact nintendo?

Supposed to be like that..-_- This isn't the first game with foreign trainers. Why are you so surprised?

XxAzaliaxX

n00b hack trainer
    Years
  • my wtf moment is the fourth gym. She kept rotating her pokemon I wanted to stab her. I used up all my stupid potions, but I finally whittled her down to her last pokemon and stomped her butt.

The buildings in Castelia are HUGE

last wtf moment is the Global Trade. I traded a lilipup for a Snivy, and that cat pokemon for a Tepig. x3 so awesome

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Outside of Dragonspiral Tower: SHINY MIENFOO.

Less than two hours later, on Route 9: SHINY DUOSION.

With the shiny Patrat I found earlier, that now makes three shinies I've caught in this game. I can't believe my luck xD

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    My most WTF moment happened recently... When I was taking a bath, my little sister wanted to play pokemon, she deleted my save to make a new game...

I still have to beat Ghetsis to finish the main story and poof.. all gone :(

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
  • My WTF moments are:

1. Killing Iris' dragons with Lv.36 Vanillish without taking damage. First two died with Ice Beam, I was faster. Haxorus took two Ice Beams but as she used Dragon Dance it didn't matter. (I knew it would be a good idea to have Ice-Cream with me when I go to this gym :D )

2. Today after beating Elite Four, N and Ghetsis. Changed almost whole party (only Vanillish Lv.45 and Serperior Lv.49 - my 2nd biggest leveled Pokémon - were left to my team). I went to see Dream Yard and went down the stairs (thought if I'd been able to visit there before), found trainer with Lv.63 Drowzee and was very surprised by the level of that Drowzee. Changed to Sandile Lv.18 and killed Drowzee, Musharna and Hypno with only that Sandile as it's half Dark type. Also killed next trainer's Musharna. Then after those two trainers my Sandile got to Lv.32 and evolved into Krokorok. Sandile and Trubbish had Exp. Share so it had to also share some to Trubbish while battling.

Sasuke.

Hope | Less
    Years
  • Outside of Dragonspiral Tower: SHINY MIENFOO.

Less than two hours later, on Route 9: SHINY DUOSION.

With the shiny Patrat I found earlier, that now makes three shinies I've caught in this game. I can't believe my luck xD

So lucky. ;-;

My WTF would have to be seeing that Pikachu in Castalia before the national dex I was like. "o.o..."

That and the shock that I didn't really beat the elite four after I beat N and had to go back. -_-

Then the shock of all the previous gen Pokemon in East Unova. I was like. "O_O LV 50 ABSOL?" xD

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2011
    Probably fighting Zekrom, I didn't want to waste any resources on it, so I threw an ultra ball and voila it worked as easy as that.

That or how I managed to play the whole game without turning the game off whenever Bianca came dawdling along.

Lowreh

I'd be Gary if I could
    Years
  • Favourite WTF moment so far was the guard (cannot remember which gatehouse it was) who was dressed in normal clothes. Spoke to him, and he said "Sorry, I forgot my uniform".

It brightened my day.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2012
    Watchog used Hypnosis!
    Snivy fell asleep.
    Watchog used Crunch!
    Snivy avoided the attack!

Wow... power Snivy.

vobgro

Pokabu Pokabu Pokabu Pokabu
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2012
    Once, whenever I exit a building, the seasons change erratically for some reason...

JooJoobs

Boomin' and Bunkin'
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Aug 8, 2012
    When Emolga used double team like 15 times and almost wiped me out by himself.

Last edited:

Feunard

Random Trainer
    Years
  • My WTF moment was when I was up against a pokemon ranger with a Maractus. It had the moves giga drain, ingrain, accupressure and drain punch. It used accupressure so many times my pokemon only took 3 hps away from it every attack and the ingrain helped it regain it's hp so I had to wait until it ran out of moves and used struggle. By the time I won the battle I already wasted all my potions and revives.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • Seeing that god awful Woobat for the first time. I was seriously thinking how could they design such a butt ugly Pokemon.

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
    Years
  • So I wanted to catch Tornadus and found him on Route 5, and sent out my Darkrai to use Dark Hole on it. It fell asleep and ran away...I was like "wtf ? D:"

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
  • My WTF moment was when the game let me transfer my event Celebi before I made it to Mistralton City.

wingman11

Solo Runner
    Years
  • Recent WTF moment: I went into a gatehouse to see that there was a wild Pokémon outbreak on route 7. I head there, find a Sentret at lvl 22, catch it. Walked around some more, and BAM. Level 51 Sentret. Cue jaw-drop.

Also, the first trainer on route 11. French speaking was the first (out loud) WTF. His level 65 Croagunk was the second (also out loud). *sunglasses* DAT LEVEL SPIKE.

Years
  • Well I could've won quite a few random trainer battles over wifi, but they're all being a bunch of sore losers and disconnecting so they don't get a loss. It's so sad really. Just now was my wtf moment as I'm fighting a kid with with a dying gliscor. Disconnect. Thanks a lot.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2016
    When I caught Zekrom with a Quick Ball on turn one.

When I realized Solrock and Lunatone are in no way version exclusives.

Repels don't help at all in the Giant Chasm and I can't find TM Ice Beam!

When I realized some TMs were still buyable.

Back