• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your WTF moments?

Ice Car

Banned
Years
  • I was in Iccirus City and was looking around... Saw an item on a ledge that was inaccessible from all angles. I was like, "WHAT THE **** WHY WOULD THEY PUT AN ITEM THERE WHAT A TEASE".

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
    Years
  • My WTF Moment was When I was on that bridge thing then I talked to a man that asked for $500 then I just said Yes when I looked in My Team I got a Magikarp...Then MY DS got a low battery then it turned off -_- I wanted that Magikarp...(I can Just get it again)

My second one was when i was battling Cobalion i forgot to save before the battle then He had like one life bar left... he attacked my Volcarona... he got burnt he fainted because of it

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
  • Probably when I wandered into Mistralton Cave to find an Axew, and stumbled upon Cobalion completely by accident - I honestly didn't know it was in there. And caught it with my lone Ultra Ball.

shadowtogepi

I nct'a lelt fi 'mi ogdo.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Mine was that you only dress up your pokemon for musical :( no cool stuff like contests *sighs*

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2013
    Realizing that Foongus and Amoongus looked like "fungus among us" when listed side by side in the pokedex. Were they named like that on purpose? :3

wingman11

Solo Runner
    Years
  • I'm surprised that no one has mentioned this: wild Audinos using Heal Pulse on your Pokémon. The first time it happened to me, I didn't notice it. I was all "How'd he get back to full HP?" Then it happened again and I was shocked. Why would they make a move that heals your opponent? Nintendo logic strikes again...

TripLee

Superman
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    I was EV training defense in pinwheel forest when I ran into a wild Panpour. I didn't know you could catch these guys without them being given to you/traded.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I'm surprised that no one has mentioned this: wild Audinos using Heal Pulse on your Pokémon. The first time it happened to me, I didn't notice it. I was all "How'd he get back to full HP?" Then it happened again and I was shocked. Why would they make a move that heals your opponent? Nintendo logic strikes again...

No no no, it doesn't heal your opponent, it heals your target. Think double and triple battles.

wingman11

Solo Runner
    Years
  • No no no, it doesn't heal your opponent, it heals your target. Think double and triple battles.

OH. That makes so much more sense. Serebii said it heals the opponent in its description of the attack, so that's what I was thinking. I guess Serebii is wrong. Again. LOL

And now that I'm used to it, my thoughts are more like "Come on, Audino, use Heal Pulse... Yes! Thanks! NOW PERISH." XD

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    OH. That makes so much more sense. Serebii said it heals the opponent in its description of the attack, so that's what I was thinking. I guess Serebii is wrong. Again. LOL

And now that I'm used to it, my thoughts are more like "Come on, Audino, use Heal Pulse... Yes! Thanks! NOW PERISH." XD

Yeah, I do that too. It's so convenient, to give a Pokemon that you know people will grind on Heal Pulse so they can nearly grind indefinitely. Almost too convenient...>_>

wingman11

Solo Runner
    Years
  • Yeah, I do that too. It's so convenient, to give a Pokemon that you know people will grind on Heal Pulse so they can nearly grind indefinitely. Almost too convenient...>_>

They also give it moves like After You, which does nothing if it's not in a double or triple battle, Simple Beam or Entertainment, which rarely change anything in battle if not used strategically, and Refresh, which is only a pain if you're trying to give it status effects. Hmmm... Either Audinos are really that kind, or they're scheming behind our backs...

DayDreamer

Pokemon Gamer
    Years
  • My WTF moment was fighting another boss right after N. My pokemon team was all dead with only Zekrom in red health. I was like WTF I'm going to lose then I realized I'm all healed =_=.

Favourite WTF moment so far was the guard (cannot remember which gatehouse it was) who was dressed in normal clothes. Spoke to him, and he said "Sorry, I forgot my uniform".

It brightened my day.
    Made me lol when she said that.

I was in Iccirus City and was looking around... Saw an item on a ledge that was inaccessible from all angles. I was like, "WHAT THE **** WHY WOULD THEY PUT AN ITEM THERE WHAT A TEASE".
    Same. Was thinking whether there was a HM I missed that lets me float or something xD.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned this: wild Audinos using Heal Pulse on your Pokémon. The first time it happened to me, I didn't notice it. I was all "How'd he get back to full HP?" Then it happened again and I was shocked. Why would they make a move that heals your opponent? Nintendo logic strikes again...
    I ended up healing my opponent instead thinking it was a self heal skill... >_>

wingman11

Solo Runner
    Years
  • Dang, the WTF moments are rolling in faster than ever now! In Challenger Cave, I found a Riolu and only had a few Ultra Balls and one Quick Ball. Fully expecting failure, I chucked the Quick Ball without doing anything to weaken it. My thoughts as it happened:
    First bob - It's gonna fail now.
    Second - Oh, hey, that's neat.
    Third - OK, seriously now.
    Click - NO WAY.

I guess it was meant to be.

EDIT:

Same cave, found a Sableye. Got it to red HP, but it broke out of all my Ultra Balls (I only had two). I resigned myself to waste turns to get it so a Timer Ball would work, but not before chucking a Repeat Ball just for sh*ts and giggles. The Repeat Ball catches it. I hadn't owned a Sableye before that. Today has been a series of wins for me.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2011
    I found a wild sawk, and used all of my onhand ultraballs with me (19). after all of them failing, i went out and spent all of my savings on almost 300 ultraballs.

needless to say, I caught the next one on the first throw -__________-

certain places are only accessible during certain seasons. try going back during summer, winter, or spring.

Last edited:

Harumi Fujyoshi

Ichiban fujyoshi desu!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2015
    After having lowered Tornadus' health into the red zone and encountering him again I comtemplated inflicting a status effect on him but for whatever reason I just threw an ultra ball because I felt like it. I caught it. With my first ultra ball. No critical capture. I swear to God I couldn't believe it o____o

wingman11

Solo Runner
    Years
  • After having lowered Tornadus' health into the red zone and encountering him again I comtemplated inflicting a status effect on him but for whatever reason I just threw an ultra ball because I felt like it. I caught it. With my first ultra ball. No critical capture. I swear to God I couldn't believe it o____o

I envy you. SO MUCH. Like, you don't even know. It took me forever to catch Tornadus in my game.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    Obtaining a Shiny Abomasnow and Shiny Ditto via GTS for a Krookodile and Archeops o.O

Back