• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your WTF moments?

Nintendoshs

The Absol Master
Years
  • When my friend traded me a level 25 snivy with PokeRus. The nurse is like" a virus is on your pokemon that makes it grow faster." I was like: that sounds bad!
    N's Ferris wheel thing. I'm a boy.
    The playroom in N's castle. I was like: Is zekrom in here?
    Finding out Belgiums and japanese will trade for anything. I put up a level 5 purlion and get a level 60 Simisage. (I started with Oshawott.) I put up a level 30 Axew and got a level 50 Reshriam.
    The veteran in challanger's cave. Uses a Gyrados(killed all but my Samurott) with stone edge. Used a Snorlax with Wild Charge(killed Samurott.) Even with an all legendary team i couldn't beat him!!
    The Girl Ace trainer who says are you looking for the legandary pokemon? I was like: Cool a legandary! I hope it's Melottea. No legandary in the cave.

Last edited:

Shorty-

Unique is an Understatement.
    Years
  • Another WTF moment for me... Clowns in the Castelia GYM!!!! OMG I HATE CLOWNS... Its gonna take me foreverrrrrrrrrr! I've had enough of clown in past generations.... =(

Queen of Darkness

Ikuto!!!!
    Years
  • As I was on my way to Black City I encountered a trainer which had a lapras. Her lapras used a OHKO move against my last pokemon which was Reshiram...

Years
  • I had just gotten out of Chargestone Cave, and my DS battery was low. I forgot to save it, and I also forgot the last time that I saved it. Well, my DS ran out of battery just a few moments after I got out of the cave. I plugged in my DS and turned it back on. I found myself standing in front of the 5th Gym Leader, and I didn't have his Gym Badge yet...

Khirbz

Click Here.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    I just started the game & in route 5, I got two shinnies. (Not in a row)

arceus123shiny

pkmn 4ever
    Years
  • my wtf moment was when N started talking about how trainers miss treat pokemon and how we use them as tools to fight other pokemon and they get hurt in battle, I was like what are you talking about were not mistreating pokemon.

|Torch|

Fire Trainer!
    Years
  • When i found out that after finally ruthlessly defeating N.. I had to defeat Ghetsis Too! without a save! 0_0

Ciz

La la la ♪
    Years
  • Was it your Birthday or something? Mine has done that before, on my Birthday.

... Yeah... I knew that :disappoin

but seriously i tried repeating it again... why does it have a freaking bass boost? I'll try checking my DS for sound errors...

Another WTF is that when i fell into the grass with the high tightrope bridges above so that you couldnt encounter wild pokemon, and before i could get out, i encountered several of 'em... Almost one per step. :cross-eye

Nintendoshs

The Absol Master
    Years
  • I have a new one:
    Whenever I go into Victory Road to look fo deino i can't find one but the time i went to train my magby, there all over the place.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • Battling Hiker Kit on Route 15. He speaks another language, which was surprising enough. But then I discover that he is also very happy with one-hit-KO moves like Fissure. And Guillotine. EVERY ONE HAS BEEN EFFECTIVE. WTF?! Are one-hit-KO moves suddenly more accurate this gen or what??!! SOMEHOW I managed to win though...with one Pokemon left. D:

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
  • I got Zekrom's HP down to 1-5%, and caught it with my first Ultra Ball.

WAT

Well, THAT'S not all that surprising, seeing as its catch rate is so high
    that, and you NEED it to continue the story
    I don't think anyone wants to spend 45 minutes trying to capture a Legendary

This. I was so surprised. There I was with 50 Ultra Balls...and all I really needed was one xD Still it would have been good if it was more of a challenge :c

After beating Ghetsis, I decided to venture into route 11. I thought I'd battle a trainer to level up my Pokemon who were roughly in the mid - high 50's. Was really surprised when I trainers with levels of 64/65. Wasn't expecting them to be that high.

This also xD I was like "holy fook!" and now I'm grinding in Route 11 x3

amberrelf

~♥HalleluYah!(:
    Years
  • Oh geeze. -__-

Yesterday, I arrived in Opelucid City, came to this house, and talked to this lady. She says this:

"Your Swoobat... looks like it could try a little harder."

And I'm like: o___o Excuse me??

My Alejito is like 20 damn levels ahead of everybody we face!! D:< He puts his whole heart & soul into every ounce of training we do!! And THAT b!tch better stfu, or sh!t's about to get REAL.

But yeah, that was my WTF moment.. I've just never had anyone ever say that to me before in a Pokemon game. >.> How rude!!

Last edited:

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • Victini!

Victini is paralyzed, and has one HP left!
    *throws troll-Pokeball*
    ZOMG CRITICAL CAPTURE
    Victini breaks out
    FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

Last edited:

Drekin

We all live in a...
    Years
    • The almost standard use of Haxorus and Hydreigon in Random Match-up battles. (also Volcarona but it sucks so it doesn't give me problems)
    • The people who quit before I make the final blow in a Random Match-up battle.

The Doctor

What!?
    Years
  • Quite a few:

VICTINI 1% HEALTH WHOOOO * throws pokeball * Burst out...
    30 ULTRA BALLS LATER... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.....

Oh yeah another one,

TEAM PLASMA DON'T LIKE ABUSING POKEMON, WE WANT TO SET THEM FREEE.....

"Dude, lets kick that Munna for some dust"

WTF??? YOU HYPOCRITES!

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    My WTF moment would be after my 30th soft reset, i finally got what i wanted:

Zekrom
    Adamant
    14/31/22/31/31/31
    Hidden Power: Ice (70)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Okay, new WTF moment.

I got to the E4, pummeled my way through them effortlessly. Got to N, and watched as Zekrom appeared from the Dark Stone. Beforehand, I bought 90 Ultra Balls to catch him. Battle starts, two Razor Shells from my Samurott, and he's down to about 1 hp. I toss an Ultra Ball, and catch him first try. I was expecting at least a little bit of a struggle. That was ridiculous.

Glad im not the only one who had this happen to me though. wow.

Last edited:

Zhinc

a Dark-type trainer
    Years
  • Oh geeze. -__-

Yesterday, I arrived in Opelucid City, came to this house, and talked to this lady. She says this:

"Your Swoobat... looks like it could try a little harder."

And I'm like: o___o Excuse me??

My Alejito is like 20 damn levels ahead of everybody we face!! D:< He puts his whole heart & soul into every ounce of training we do!! And THAT b!tch better stfu, or sh!t's about to get REAL.

But yeah, that was my WTF moment.. I've just never had anyone ever say that to me before in a Pokemon game. >.> How rude!!
    Oh, that lady. I think she tells you when you're Pokemon has gotten all 510 effort points? But, yeah, they could work on her saying something a little nicer if that's the case. =/

My WTF moment would be catching that one roaming legendary on the third encounter. I mean, he was down to one hit point and I think paralyzed and I used a quick ball, but...I thought he had a capture rate of 3? Maybe I'm wrong. =/

Back