• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your WTF moments?

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    Just had my first true WTF moment for Black Version.

So, I restarted the game and decided I wanted Victini on my team this time. So, I've been trying to catch him all day. I've been through Ultra Balls, Great Balls, PokeBalls, Timer Balls, Quick Balls, you name it. I reached the point near giving up... had tried to catch him, used up all my PokeBalls, failed, so reset. As soon as I reset, I go to catch him again, throw one Quick Ball and it caught him. It wasn't even a critical capture. It was just sheer luck.

Definitely made me go WTF.

I caught him in one Pokeball, on the first try o.o

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
  • For people having difficulties in catching victini,use a nest ball..It is at lvl 15 so the catch rate is 3 which is better than ultra ball...I got mine in two nest balls

Years
  • For me, it was a big WTF ? ....I never met a shiny PKM before, but I have a few via trades...anyways, I was playing PKM Black (japanese version) for a while, and then a caught a shiny Audino ! I was so freakin happy, but then my rom crashed....so now I am without that Audino, and I am playing european version of White....that sucks....

Lowreh

I'd be Gary if I could
    Years
  • Latest WTF moment a few days ago. Battling away in the Battle Institution, final opponent is an old man.

Old Man sent out Latias!
    ...O_O
    Latias used Decimate Entire Opponent Team!
    o.O Lowreh ragequits.

Still feeling a little hard done by, seeing as I can't use my legendaries in there. Anyone else found this?

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    My WTF moment would be after my 30th soft reset, i finally got what i wanted:

Zekrom
    Adamant
    14/31/22/31/31/31
    Hidden Power: Ice (70)

lol you got an HP Ice and perfect Attack, SpA, SpD and Sp IVs after just 30 soft resets? lol bull ****

pokehearts

I like trains.
    Years
  • Latest WTF moment a few days ago. Battling away in the Battle Institution, final opponent is an old man.

Old Man sent out Latias!
    ...O_O
    Latias used Decimate Entire Opponent Team!
    o.O Lowreh ragequits.

Still feeling a little hard done by, seeing as I can't use my legendaries in there. Anyone else found this?

Yeah, I was facing a pilot,
    Pilot sent out, Tornadus
    Me: :O
    It stunk, once I beat the battle subway, I'm gonna murder all the people in the retarded institute

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2011
    Another, positive, WTF moment today:

After catching 20+ consecutive Altarias, while hunting for an Adamant one, and none of em beeing Adamant so far, I decide to catch one more and just call it a day.

And when I checked the last Altaria I caught, it turned out she's Adamant<333

Ice Car

Banned
    Years
  • *Walks into random house in Undella Town*

HOLY **** CYNTHIA *soft reset*

*Walks into Pokemon League*
    *Talks to Caitlin*

"I'm one of the Elite Four now. Don't bore me with your boring bore of a battle."

o.o

Shadow101thehedgehog

It all starts with this...
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen May 17, 2014
    When I entered the elite 4 (Before post-game) with only my Krookodile to grind it to lv 55 (like the rest of my team). It started at lv 51 holding the lucky egg and ended up soloing the whole elite 4 ending it at lv 57. It's moves were Crunch (For Shauntal and Caitlyn) Earthquake killed everything Grimsly had, and I spammed Earthquake and bite on the fighting type elite 4 member (For his Conkeldurr I spammed bite to make it flinch until I could kill it with earthquake.) I was amazed that I had beaten the elite 4 with only a Krookodile. :P

Last edited:

rstevenson1976

The Eevee-Loution Master
    Years
  • Instead of fighting the champion I fight N then immediatly after N that pain in the *** Ghestis steps up and takes out resheram with little effort then continues to take down my team until I'm down to scrafty with like 10 hp and takes out his last two pokemon with two high jump kicks and a full restore in between, can you say "overkill"? sure I knew you could

Citrus Knight

you've got bruises&&bitemarks
    Years
  • Finally started EV Training my Pokemon and going for good natures. So I go to catch Victini FINALLY and I"m going for a Timid nature. First time I don't have an empty space to check it so I soft reset and just run back to take a Pokemon out.
    Going through two more tries of attempting to capture it and I get it with about 40 total pokeballs. Nature isn't right so I try again.

>Get it down to red after three moves
    >throw ultra ball
    >capture it in one try
    >Look at nature
    >TIMID

WTFIHJFDSHFUDS
    but it was a happy wtf
    though I didn't expect to get it so soon and on a go that took only one ultra ball ~

Years
  • Biggest WTF moment:

Like the 7th time facing the elite 4...Beat 3, onto Marshall (fighting elite).Kills all my pokes, and I kill all his, except for one... All I have left is my damn Throh. He whips his butt, and i'm down to 11 hp, use reversal, the rest is history 8)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I went "WTF" when I found out a shiny Gothita in the dark grass along with a Liepard. I was also shocked to find out that you could do the Battle Subway pre-National Dex.

Years
  • Definately when you go in the ferris wheel with N. That was a huge wtf moment, confused the hell out of me. Just casually talk about how he's the king.

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years
  • When I used the Soak method on Landorus in order to paralyze it using Thunder Wave from my Thunderus (which was ko'd by a Rock Slide), Landorus then used Sandstorm but took no damage. I thought this odd until i realized that the Sand Power ability is probably one of those wether abilities that give immunity to weather effect like how Cacturne and Herdier avoid Sandstorm damage and Castform in Hail avoids getting two black eyes.

I went "WTF" when I found out a shiny Gothita in the dark grass along with a Liepard.

I would run out of battery power if I met a Double Grass encounter with TWO shinies.

Don't think too hard on that battery comment please.

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
  • *Walks into random house in Undella Town*

HOLY **** CYNTHIA *soft reset*

That's exactly what I thought... I was praying she gave me the option to battle or not... Thank god she did xD

My WTF moment was this morning in Undella Bay when battling all the swimmers to level up my Absol:

Swimmer♀ : "Did you come here just so you could see Cynthia in a bathing suit?"

This wouldn't be so weird had I not been the female character. Cynthia creeper much? :L

Back