• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You're dating your sister?

Honest

Hi!
Years
  • Okay, so let's take the gender you're interested in, and pretend you have a sibling of the same gender named X. One day, you meet this person who you really like and whatnot, but there's something worth noting: he/she has the same name as your sibling X. What action do you take?

Didn't mean to make this sound like a do or ditch situation, but it's something that popped up, and I'm genuinely interested in the answers and their explanations.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • What are the odds of two people both being named X?

Honestly though Dipu just date her, her name isn't a big deal

Sirfetch’d

I'd date them haha. I'd only have to explain once that I'm not actually dating my sibling but they just share a name. Not a big deal at all imo. Although it would be a bit awkward when talking to them in sexual ways. I'd have to avoid ever saying their name lolol

Years
  • I'm sure ♥♥♥♥ goes on like this all the time, even with the more common last names. So I'd say it's definitely fine, although not everybody may notice that at first.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Funny, my dad actually dated a girl in high school with the same last name (Cyndi Rose), and they were born and raised in the same town oddly with no blood relation. God knows West Virginia'll tell you they were related somewhere up the tree. :P

As for myself I honestly wouldn't mind. It'd be cute, actually. :b

Years
  • It would be only weird when I scream her name in bed. Otherwise, I think I could move past it. Unless if I end up dating a guy, this shouldn't be a problem though.

ACTUALLY, coming to think about it, my first girlfriend was called Annie and my step sister who I've never met is also called Annie.

FifePokemon

AlShao
    Years
  • Personally i think i'd find it somewhat amusing, but i can see why some people would find it a little weird..

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    i would think you have issues if you pass up someone you truly like just because they have the same name as your sibling.. you could have the same name as my dad and if the feelings are there I'm still going to go for it.

Years
  • I'd turn it into a running gag. Begin a conversation talking about my girlfriend and somewhere in the middle switch the conversation to be about my sister. Oh the hilarity! Good one Plumps you really nail funny.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
  • Why are topic titles so misleading? This isn't even 5% as scandalous as I hoped. Very disappointed indeed.

Well, to clarify, my sister = hahahaha no.

Someone with my sister's name is getting a nickname asap.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • What are the odds of two people both being named X?

Honestly though Dipu just date her, her name isn't a big deal

Oh, I don't care about the names ahaha. My sister just asked me the question yesterday, and I was like nah. Got a little curious as to how other people felt, that's all.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Dating a girl with the same name as one of my sisters wouldn't really bother me at all. I honestly don't see the problem in it and it really isn't that 'weird' of a situation despite being unusual.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Names aren't really anything I put much thought into with relationships.

Back