• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You're Favourite Poke Ball?

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    In the games, there have been a lot of Poke Balls, so I'm wondering what you're favourite Poke Balls are.

Oni Raichu's Favourite Poke Balls:

Unfortunately, I'm stuck between two Poke Balls. The first is the Poke Ball that everyone knows, the logo that's second to Pikachu, the very first, red and white Poke Ball! Take a look at it, folks:

I suppose I like it so much because it was the start of each of my Pokemon adventures and because it's been the Poke Ball everyone imagines in their head when someone says the words, 'Poke Ball.'

The second, is the Master Ball. I don't believe in using the Master Ball because I think it takes the fun out of capturing the Legendaries or other Pokemon, but you've gotta admit that it's got style.

*Poke Ball image taken from Azonic's guide to Poke Balls. No, I am not even going to try spelling his new username.

Last edited:

Bellomence

Dragon Rider
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    In the games, there have been a lot of Poke Balls, so I'm wondering what you're favourite Poke Balls are.
    Sounds interesting.

There are many PokèBalls. My favorites are the following in descending order:

• Net Ball- It's a good Pokeball for capturing Water-type Pokemons. A good Pokeball for capturing legendary water Pokemons like Kyogre and Palkia.
    • Dusk Ball- A very good ball for capturing Pokemon at night. I also caught a Giratina using a Dusk Ball!
    • Master Ball- It has 100% chance of capturing wild Pokemons. Good for legendary Pokemons.

These are my favorite Pokeballs as of today.

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    When I saw this thread I thought it said "What are your favorite kind of balls?"

I personally think that Ultra balls are quite useful. They're not dependent on getting you a pokemon, but they're quite legible to catching you the pokemon. Of course, everyone loves the Master ball, but that just makes everything simpler than it needs to be.

Last edited:

Magmortified

Wherever I fly
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2009
    Leeeeet's get ready for the Premier Baaaall! =O

You just know there's a cool backstory to it. Plus: free with every ten Pokeballs.

Dark Banette

♫♫♫♪♪
    Years
    My favorite is the Poke Ball. It is the origional and the most common of all the Poke Balls.
    I also like the Dusk Ball because of how it looks when a Pokemon comes out of one.

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
    I'd have to say my favorite of all time is the Premier Ball:
    It's like an inverted version of the Poke Ball. I don't think it has any special abilities, though, other than spicing up your party's look.

I also like the Luxery Ball:
    Not only do I like the look of this ball, I like it's effect, too. When the Pokemon are happy, I'm happy, too ^^; lawlz

Oh! And before I forget, the Master Ball is one of my favorites as well, for a simple reason; it has a big "M" on it, which obviously stands for "Motsuko", and definitely not "Master". xDD;
    <--- notice the "M"? Yeah, that's the one I'm talking about... in case you didn't see it xD

(Images from Pokemon Elite sprite resource)

Ichikool

D/P Lover
    Years
    • Age 32
    • NY
    • Seen Feb 26, 2018
    I've always have had best luck with the Great Ball, I don't know why.
    When it comes to catching the fleeing Pokemon, the Quick Ball also comes in handy. I love that ball. xD

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I'd have to say my favorite of all time is the Premier Ball:
    It's like an inverted version of the Poke Ball. I don't think it has any special abilities, though, other than spicing up your party's look.

Yeah, I also like the Premier Ball. I wasted one on Rayquaza because I thought it was another version of the Master Ball.

Also, note that I made a spelling error in the thread title, it should be, 'Your Favourite Poke Ball', not 'You're Favourite Poke Ball'.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Poke and Premier Balls, just because they're fun in their own ways. I have good memories with both, too:

Pokeball-I usually end up catching legends with them, somehow. In particular, I remember catching Lv.70 Groudon in Emerald with a regular old Pokeball. It was in green or yellow HP, I believe. Insane luck, I guess...

Premier Ball-I caught a Shroomish with one once (I love Breloom). It wouldn't have been that special, but I just remember sending out Breloom and winning with it all the time, in Diamond and in Battle Revolution, and whenever I saw the white and red Premier Ball that sent it out... it just felt like a special Breloom, sort of. I'm just kinda wierd. :P

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    Also, note that I made a spelling error in the thread title, it should be, 'Your Favourite Poke Ball', not 'You're Favourite Poke Ball'.

That's why you don't make thread titles when you're drunk, dear. Or half-asleep. Either way.

Anyway, my favorite would have to be Dusk. Not only do I like the look of it opening (Ooh, bursts of purple fog.), but because I tend to play Diamond at night, it's helped me catch most of the Pokemon I own. Not even Timer Balls have helped me out this much.

Second favorite, of course, would be the Ultra Ball. Master Ball's too much of a hassle for me to get (because I can't trade and can't be arsed to rape cloning glitches on any game), so Ultra Ball's practically the next best thing. And even then, personally, if given a choice, I like the fact that the Ultra Ball gives me more of a challenge because there's always a chance an Ultra will break open, even if you've gotten all the conditions right. A little bit of a thrill, I suppose.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    It's the GSC Fast Ball. I just liked it better than any other really. They need to bring back the PokeBalls of Generation II!

Credit for sprite goes to Coronis

mountainred

私はSpecialshippingを? ??む
    Years
    I perfer ultra balls to master balls
    Reason: I would`t want to waste a master ball on a moltres since ultras do much better with moltres.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    BeachBoy's Favourite Poké Ball

What the heck, you people are so bland. :O Ultra? Original? Not one of you mentioned the Dive Ball. >O

Dive Ball
    It's unique to catch undersea Pocket Monsters, and it's entry release is also awesome in my opinion. Ever since it's creation, I've always been a top fan of the Dive Ball, and always will. :D I used to do the Solaceon Town Newspaper job in Sinnoh just to get Dive Balls. XD By far my favourite selection when it comes to devices to capture Pokémon. :D (Even if it's not the best above water)

Phillip Valerius

Velvet Hammer
    Years
    I like the master-ball because of its limited nature. It's unique! Regular poke balls are a dime a dozen, and every other kind of poke ball can be mass-produced somehow. Master balls, on the other hand, come one, at most two per game. Scarcity + utility + aesthetic charm (purple is my favorite color) = value.

The MB is a gem among trinkets.

Back