• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You're stranded, no food, no water..

Years
  • All you had with you is your faithful, loyal dog.
    But he/she has passed away.
    You're starving, would you eat him/her?
    ---

This question was asked by a friend of mine on another forum a few months ago so I figured I'd ask the same here.

I've never reached starvation before so I couldn't say I'd just bury her.
    But even if I tried to eat her I'd probably cry hysterically to the point where I couldn't eat.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • Deja vu.

I don't know. The entire concept of ripping into something and eating it's guts really feels like something that if I really had to do I'd lose my lunch over how freakin' /gross/ it is. Then again, desperation makes you do insane things. So yeah. I don't know.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    I would save my dog ( who's name is Shelton ) and then, we would walk to the next town and get food and water.

I would have to save my dog.

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
  • Just reading that question hurt! I don't think I would eat her because tearing her up would be pretty disgusting, and I love her too much ;-;

She weighs a freakin' sixty pounds, so if I did eat her, I would have food for a good while, bahaha xD

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I wouldn't eat my dog! It would seem immoral to eat a friend. I'd just look for the nearest town/city for supplies.

Years
  • Guys, I meant you are lost, there is no towns nearby
    In other words you are fighting for survival.
    him/her has already died so there wouldn't be any saving him/her

once again this is completely hypothetical
    it's not a matter if you would be or not in that situation, it's just if you were. :P

I should have explained with more details.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • No, I wouldn't imagine dog tastes all that well. (I have had bad experiences with dogs, so i doubt I'd have much personal attachment to it).

I'd just keep going to the next town and hope there's a McDonald's or something there.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    Yes. In a situation of dire need and with no other resources I'd eat a dead pet dog. I'd try my best to at least get a fire started to cook it if I could, since eating raw carrion could potentially be just as bad or even worse than not eating it at all. Probably depends on how fresh it is and what killed it. For example if it was poisoned I wouldn't even cook it, I'd just bury it if I had enough energy.

Dr.Kotov

& the symptoms.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2012
    Spoiler:

This sums it up nicely.
    I'd bury the dog, and hope that I'm fat enough to last till someone finds me.

That, or recycle own piss & sh*t. U mad?

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • I grew up with dogs, I couldn't eat one, even I my life depended on it :/

Assuming I'm allowed to loophole my way around eating a dog, I'd rather look for indigenous things that I could get. Like fruits. And monkeys.

Years
  • Mmm, this dog sure tastes good...

I'm a cat lover, and I put survival over anything else. Besides, if they're dead (like, just died) I'm sure they wouldn't feel any pain. But I'd eat them for nourishment, though how long would that last? What if no one comes to save us?

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I would have to eat the dog. I don't mind eating a animal when they are dead. Plus, it would feel nice to have the dog's flesh inside me for some reason.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Aw I'm not eating my dog. She doesn't weigh much anyway, so it would be of no use to eat her....

Years
  • Spoiler:

This sums it up nicely.
    I'd bury the dog, and hope that I'm fat enough to last till someone finds me.

That, or recycle own piss & sh*t. U mad?
    haha I was wondering if anyone would post one of these.
    I'd do the same and bury her, but you never really know what you would do with extreme starvation/dehydration xD

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
    Years
  • Not matter how lost i was or how hungry i was, i would never be able to bring myself to eat my dog.

Years
  • Yes, of course I would. I'd never kill my faithful dog if I were starving, but if I were starving and they'd already passed away then I'd do it hesitantly but have no choice.

Ayselipera

I'd tear into that bad boy the first chance I get. As my loyal and loving dog I would think it would appreciate me enjoying its subtle flavors.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • My dog probably doesn't have much meat on her bones, but I'd be fine with eating what meat she did have, as long as she was already dead. Contrary to most people, I wouldn't mind eating dog as a delicacy voluntarily... which always gets weird reactions from people when I tell them that, but oh well!

Back