• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game Tournament

Apple Juice

who are you
Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    Quasar'd twice in the same tournament, both times being their first Quasar. Boy am I lucky.

I think I'm out now, so yeah. Thanks for the tourney, grats on top 4 cut Firestar.

Years
  • End of Round 4 results;

1. Cirrus VS Mr. X
    2. インフェルノの津波 VS LightOfTruth
    3. Apple Juice VS Firestar
    4. Impo VS terminoob
    5. KinokiGaming VS -Link-

End of round 4 standings;

1 Cirrus (4)
    2 Firestar (3)
    3 インフェルノの津波 (3)
    4 Mr. X (3)

5 terminoob (2)
    6 Apple Juice (2)
    7 Light of Truth (2)
    8 KinokiGaming (1)
    9 -Link- (0)
    10 Impo (0)

--------------------------------------------

Alright, this concludes the swiss rounds of this tournament. The top four will now be paired off in an elimination style tournament to determine the two finalists which in turn will determine the overall winner.

Top 4 playoff;

1 Cirrus VS インフェルノの津波
    2 Firestar VS Mr. X

I will give you 24 hours to complete the round, which should be plenty of time. Good luck to the top four.

Last edited:

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Right, I'm off to bed, but with 24 hours, I should be on tomorrow from 6 - 8 pm (GMT). Hopefully Mr. X will be too. Good luck everyone!

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
  • -sigh-

Two lucksacks in a row makes me rage so much.

/ raeg

I had more than a third of my side-deck devoted to the matchup and I get lucksacked to death both G2 and G3... Not awesome. -_-

Years
  • Alright I beat Cirrus 2-1. He won the first round, I won the second, we had a deathmatch and I won.

I pretty much lucksacked twice, the second duel I got Shooting Star, Brionac and Librarian in the 3rd/4th turn, and Got Trishula, Brionac and Junk Synchron on the 3rd turn in the deathmatch. Cirrus, I'm sorry XD.

Cirrus

Years
  • And this is why I hate Konami so much right now.

Tier 1 decks lucksack each other all day; player skill isn't able to factor into this too much as long as you know what you are doing. x_x;

Asdf.

Cirrus

Years
  • They were like normal terrible hands. About two to three playable cards and the rest was fuel I had to sit on.

Regardless of how not-bad my hands are, though, if YOU draw well then you win >_>;

That's how the game works, especially with two decks that aren't particularly reactive to each other (especially because you have no notable S/T lineup ._.; ).

In all honesty, though, it's not like lucksacks don't happen. Extremely good professional players get destroyed because of lucksacks for no good reason. That's the way tournaments work. : (

Don't worry about it.

I hope there are relegation matches. D :

Cirrus

Years
  • Yeah, Decree builds are good but incredibly passive.

My suggestion was correct because you wanted a bulky Spell/Monster lineup.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • I'll be on and off for the next few hours. Toss me a vm/pm about the duel and i'll proably respond to it in about 30 mins.

Years
  • Hmm, I'll extend the round for an extra 24 hours, but this is the final extension. Try and get the match done - I really would rather avoid giving a match loss in the semi finals V_V

LightOfTruth

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2020
    I want to see the final of this, Let me know when the final is held so I can watch :)

Circuit

Years
  • Ok, by the look of things, it seems Mr.X and I live in opposite timezones, therefore I am unlikely to be able to duel him with the time we have left. What do you propose Drakpw?

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • I've been on DN past half hour searching for your server. (Assuming you have my name as the comment)

Whats your name on DN? I'll toss you a pm there.

Years
  • Ok, by the look of things, it seems Mr.X and I live in opposite timezones, therefore I am unlikely to be able to duel him with the time we have left. What do you propose Drakpw?

I'm in the same time zone as you Firestar and I have seen Mr X twice online today. Mr. X has also shown more activity than you for the time allocated to complete this round. The final round needs to be up and running now so I am afraid I am going to have to end the round now and give a match loss to Firestar for having less activity than Mr. X. I apologize for this most undesirable state of affairs.

Alright, it's time for the finals!

Grand Final

1. インフェルノの津波 VS Mr. X

Battle for third place

2. Firestar VS Cirrus

You have until the end of the GT8 to complete the round - roughly a day. Good luck and begin when ready!

Circuit

Years
  • You know what, stuff that. I'm not losing to Cirrus twice. I'll take fourth place ¬_¬ It's not like I had a life or anything too...

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • Aww, I was looking forward to going agenst FS. Some other time then.

I'll be on PC and DN at random times so just pm me here or there (asdfth13)

Back