• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yugioh Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Let's just call that movie...

"They make Pokemon movie's plot look Hollywood-style."

Besides the fact that broken broken yet not real cards are used (best example is perhaps the movie-version of Pyramid of Light where it just destroys all God cards), we know close to nothing about Anubis and so on... I mean there is a reason why Japan didn't bother with this movie hmm?

aaaaaa

The only card of any real use introduced in that movie is that Deck Destruction Virus.
    I would love to get my hands on that card.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Havent seen it yet and I'm not going to. I'd rather watch Garden State...does that make GS sound like a bad movie?

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    Deck Destruction Virus is too uber for production.

And Kenny, the reason why Japan never aired that movie before is because it was speciifcally made for a western audience and was made in America, not in Japan. And they tell you plenty about Anubis in tHe movie if you pay attention. :\

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    a1337a said:
    The only card of any real use introduced in that movie is that Deck Destruction Virus.
    I would love to get my hands on that card.
    Err... deck destruction virus of death is the closest real card I can find, as I can't find that card which discards 10 cards from opponent's deck like the one Kaiba used... (if such a card does exist, ok everyone plays deckouts and ggkthx). It is one of the cards like the Pyramid of Light that got its effect changed when it's released as the real card. Unless

Thank GOODNESS that card doesn't exist... or maybe it's an upcoming promo... but so far so good.

{Spoiler spoiler text}

EDIT: No not really... all they say about Anubis is "he's some guy from the past who got defeated by the Pharoh and his plans got stoped." Now first of all, what plan besides "a dangerous one for the safety of the world?" How did Anubis and the tomb find its way into the Millenium Puzzle is also darn well unknown, unless you say that the second when Yugi finish the puzzle (which is also the moment when Anubis is freed), but I'm not really buying that as it seemed like Yami Yugi droven everything out of the way in that second. Also how did Anubis call real monster into life is also a mess, and then suddenly normal people (the white hair pretty boy who's so cool! Err I mean... aka Pegasus and friends) can start doing the same thing. That part made no sense... The way how little Yugi throws the dagger of fate is also a bit... stupid in terms of how it breaks Anubis's enchantment.

But then the part that bugged me the most is still the use of unreal cards with unreal effects (what the heck how come our Pyramid of Light is so much "different" than Kaiba/Anubis's?)

Last edited:

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    That card does not actually exist. In my opinion, it was used only inte movie so teh duel would not be drawn out. They wanted to emphasize how close Yugi comes to losing by having him run out of deck, but if the duel was played normally then it would be a long long movie, as nowadays any single duels takes two and half hours worth of television time. By having Kaiba use Deck Destruction Virus, Yugi would be pressed to the brink sooner, without having so much of a duel it tires the viewers.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Well still not necessary to make a card THIS UBAR. Since the magic of the anime/movie allows them to draw any card to their desire, if the developper really wants to speed up the movie's pace, they can do that easily. I was very satisfied and enjoyed Pegasus and Kaiba's battle a lot, as it got some real strategies that don't rely on "anime only" cards as well (and on top of that, my favorite YGO character finally duels again! Yay! Go Pegasus!) That battle is pretty much flawless unlike most anime battles with the exception of how Pegasus got out BETDragon and TSSkull on the same turn... but that's probably just me missing something as I got mesmerized by the fact that they made a Toon Gemini Elf ;_; It's beautiful! Now Toon Decks can be played casually without being defeated in 6 turns or so because you no longer have to rely on those ugly mermaids (now instead you get to last 10 turns until Toon World get feather dustered! Yay!)

If they want to make it so that Yugi is in a dire situation, 5 seconds worth of numerous monsters being blasted apart by BEUD/BESD's attack will make the same effect already, and that's without any ubar cards too.

aaaaaa

There is a card in the Japanese Deck called the 'Deck Destruction Virus of Doom', but it's not the same.

Did you read the description of the card in the movie, though? It's not as uber as it seems. It's along the lines of 'everytime a card on your side with less than 500 attack is sent to the graveyard, remove 10 random cards from your opponants deck'. Which does tend to limit it's use. The only way to keep abusing the **** out of it is to have a card like the Saggi the Dark Clown, like Kaibi did ^_^

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Err... 10 cards are 1/4 of a deck, and there's 3 of those trap cards? And it's not hard to base a deck around it, after throwing in Needle Worm, book of moon and book of taiyou. Deck destruction, morphing jars and cyber jar and yay you're dead! Kaiba didn't use Sogi, but an even better clown that's with the movie cards. It's one of those that summon another one of its kind out.

For YGO, if there's one way to abuse it, then it's bad enough. Just go to those Chaos Gatherings (aka "tourneys") and look at all those envoy deck running around free. In a tourney now, there's quite a good chance to say that on an average there's 75% players playing chaos decks.

(and yes Deck Destruction Virus of Death exist, and it's just the old Crush Card, and that's a lot weaker and much more bearable)

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Tendo said:
    Wow, I didn't know your were a Yu-Gi-Oh fan a1337a. o_0

So I'm assuming the movie is worth seeing then?
    If you really like YGO, then go ahead and also grab a promo card along the way. If you're just "hmmm..." about YGO, then don't bother in my opinion...

(Yeah I never knew that a1337a likes YGO too...)

aaaaaa

Nor did Abby, she was surpised I was into it as well.
    Turns out I've still got some secrets up my sleeve ^_^

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    IN my opinion the movie was great. The duels were played out just right, and teh cards looked real for a change. At least on the faces. And certain cards were played like tehy should have been, and Anubis bringing the monsters to life seemed like a good plot twist to me. All in all I really enjoyed teh movie, and wouldn't mind seeing it again. I'm surprised there are so many stiff critics on PC, you guys need to jsut enjoy teh movies adn quit being so picky. Picky people never have fun. :\

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Pogiforce-14 said:
    IN my opinion the movie was great. The duels were played out just right, and teh cards looked real for a change. At least on the faces. And certain cards were played like tehy should have been, and Anubis bringing the monsters to life seemed like a good plot twist to me. All in all I really enjoyed teh movie, and wouldn't mind seeing it again. I'm surprised there are so many stiff critics on PC, you guys need to jsut enjoy teh movies adn quit being so picky. Picky people never have fun. :\
    Have you even watched Battle city? Most of the time the monsters are real...wait nevermind that got taken out of the dub dident it?

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    In battle city the monsters are just holograms. And I can't expect the Japanese version to be that much different, because then teh dubbers would ahve had to change almost everything to make teh cartoon what it is in america.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Pogiforce-14 said:
    In battle city the monsters are just holograms. And I can't expect the Japanese version to be that much different, because then teh dubbers would ahve had to change almost everything to make teh cartoon what it is in america.
    God cards, and the Monsters in Noah arc were all real even though they were virtiual in the us version. Dosent matter, I've read all 38 volumes of the manga so I'm happy.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    Well in english, teh god cards where techincaly real, but still holograms at the same time. I know that soudns weird, but it's teh way it worked. And it Noah's World, teh monsters were still holograms, but because they were downloaded into teh virutal world, teh monsters were real ina sense in the fact that the mosnters could still hurt the humans. :\

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back