• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yugioh Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Pogiforce-14 said:
    Well in english, teh god cards where techincaly real, but still holograms at the same time. I know that soudns weird, but it's teh way it worked. And it Noah's World, teh monsters were still holograms, but because they were downloaded into teh virutal world, teh monsters were real ina sense in the fact that the mosnters could still hurt the humans. :\
    Well the god cards have allways been real. Something about it later on saying when ever they are played in any game they manifest themselfs.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    The hint that they weren't rruly holograms was when slifer and obelisk destroy themselves in teh fight between Kaiba and yugi, they stretch out and dissolve slowly, and Kaiba says 'kaiba corp holograms aren't capable of doing this!" And then they both got pulled into a vision of the past. And also int eh shadow duel between Yami Marik and Yami Yugi, Marik fused himself with ra and he was literally on top of Ra's head. If it was just a hologram, he wouldn't ahve been able to do that.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Pogiforce-14 said:
    The hint that they weren't rruly holograms was when slifer and obelisk destroy themselves in teh fight between Kaiba and yugi, they stretch out and dissolve slowly, and Kaiba says 'kaiba corp holograms aren't capable of doing this!" And then they both got pulled into a vision of the past. And also int eh shadow duel between Yami Marik and Yami Yugi, Marik fused himself with ra and he was literally on top of Ra's head. If it was just a hologram, he wouldn't ahve been able to do that.
    In the origenal version this is what shadi says at the start of the final 8
    "When the cards of mass power...the god cards are used they become real not only a perjection but real beast." Or something along thoese lines.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    Shadi said something to Ishizu, but I don't recall. Teh god cards were real and yet at teh same time not real. Tehy obviously were thinking cards, as Ra had struck down odion and Joey out of anger taht a copy of him was being played.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Pogiforce-14 said:
    Shadi said something to Ishizu, but I don't recall. Teh god cards were real and yet at teh same time not real. Tehy obviously were thinking cards, as Ra had struck down odion and Joey out of anger taht a copy of him was being played.
    Yes, but I'm taking it from the manga which is more acurate then either form of the anime.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    It's all a translation. I read the manga too, but anime will always be different. Manga doens't ahve moving shots, so hey don't ahve to worry so much about catching certain things like an anime does. And since a majority of the fan base is based on teh anime, frankly taht is teh translation that is most important when referencing the movie to anything else.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Pogiforce-14 said:
    It's all a translation. I read the manga too, but anime will always be different. Manga doens't ahve moving shots, so hey don't ahve to worry so much about catching certain things like an anime does. And since a majority of the fan base is based on teh anime, frankly taht is teh translation that is most important when referencing the movie to anything else.

Ya, but I can read Kanji a little so I know for myself what is going on. The manga is the real source the anime is just a adaption of the origenal.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Pogiforce-14 said:
    Whether teh manga is the original or not, the anime is what the movies are from.

Nope, wrong again. Most movies of a certin sereis have nothing to do with the anime. Most of the digimon movies are standalones as are all of the pokemon movies. Usally only things like XXholic and X have movies that acutally matter becuse they are the only not manga form the thing gets.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    That's not the point. Of coures they're stand alones.That's because they are based off the storyline as it flows in the Anime. That is my point right there.They are based off the anime, and for that reason, that is all that matters when it comes to comparison.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Pogiforce-14 said:
    That's not the point. Of coures they're stand alones.That's because they are based off the storyline as it flows in the Anime. That is my point right there.They are based off the anime, and for that reason, that is all that matters when it comes to comparison.
    Yes...and whats the anime based off of?

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    Teh anime may be based off teh manga, but in teh end it's different translation and it is that translation that goes into movies. If you dilute soda enough it is no longer soda, it is just flavored water. Case and point.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back