• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Zelda: Sacred Paradox (DOWNLOAD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
    Years
    I've been away for a while, but, dang, this looks good.
    Love that you're using Kind of Red Lions for surfing. Maybe it's just me, but I prefer the old color palette. The new one is sorta hard on my eyes, I think it's a bit bright? Anyway, keep it up! ^^

Noted! Thanks for your support and welcome back haha.

Ive been working on the intro today. Completely replaced Nidorino, though the cry still remains. Music is changed there too, not quite sure what Gengar will become yet.
    Zelda: Sacred Paradox (DOWNLOAD)

I think im going to need a team on this soon as I don't have as much time to work on it as id like.

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
    Noted! Thanks for your support and welcome back haha.

Ive been working on the intro today. Completely replaced Nidorino, though the cry still remains. Music is changed there too, not quite sure what Gengar will become yet.

I think im going to need a team on this soon as I don't have as much time to work on it as id like.

I'd personally make Gengar Link. But yeah that looks really cool!

Last edited:

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
    Years
    Maybe a Dodongo?

I'm trying to think of something that a Goron would fight.. Nothing else comes to mind, other than a Zora, but that would leave Deku scrubs in the dry, and I hate being one-sided in anything lol.

But yeah, those are my suggestions. (sorry for the late reply)

Danno

Years
    It doesnt have to be limited like that though. I almost made him fighting a chujelly lol... there's a variety of monsters to pick from.

Bliss

Years
    How about a Keese? (Am I spelling that correctly?) I'd like to see all variations of Keese and the burning skulls (I can't believe I forgot their names...)

Maybe one of those?

What's the first 'legendary' you run into in the game? (Something you can't find again if you fail to capture it) Maybe that could be used?

Sorry if my suggestions seem.. off. Been a while since I played any decent LoZ games, except for my re-runs of OoT, and they haven't been all that-

How about a Big Poe? :) Fits the ghost type, and I figure it would work pretty well, assuming you already have the backsprite for it. If not, I figure you would probably be adding Poes, right?

Danno

Years
    How about a Keese? (Am I spelling that correctly?) I'd like to see all variations of Keese and the burning skulls (I can't believe I forgot their names...)

Maybe one of those?

What's the first 'legendary' you run into in the game? (Something you can't find again if you fail to capture it) Maybe that could be used?

Sorry if my suggestions seem.. off. Been a while since I played any decent LoZ games, except for my re-runs of OoT, and they haven't been all that-

How about a Big Poe? :) Fits the ghost type, and I figure it would work pretty well, assuming you already have the backsprite for it. If not, I figure you would probably be adding Poes, right?

I definitely will be adding bubbles and poes. I havent sprited them yet but I also considered poes. If I can do this how I want, the forest in the intro will be replaced by the inside of a volcano like Death Mountain.

Years

An updated look in the first dungeon without visible events. Still working on this without wifi.

Dang the first dungeon looks so good. Your graphics look so amazing if I didn't know better I'd think they were a legit Zelda game. But one question are the pots for decoration or can you somehow break them for items?

Danno

Years
    Dang the first dungeon looks so good. Your graphics look so amazing if I didn't know better I'd think they were a legit Zelda game. But one question are the pots for decoration or can you somehow break them for items?

I want to eventually find a way to make it so rocksmash is really placed by a key item or something to break pots because I still havent figured out a way to earn rupees

Years
    I want to eventually find a way to make it so rocksmash is really placed by a key item or something to break pots because I still havent figured out a way to earn rupees

Oh, that'd be cool. I was wondering whether you'd be implementing some sort of "Poke Mart" within the game. I wish I could help you but I'm not really good with this type of stuff but it sorta sounds like you need to use a checkitem command script to see if you have a key item like a sword to break it.

Danno

Years
    Yeah I'm not sure how I want it to function yet. Ideally it would be activated with the r button without prompting on every pot, but I dont know how to do it.

Also, for the shops, the merchant only has a sell option. The available items will be overworlds you walk up to to purchase.

Last edited:

Bliss

Years
    Yeah I'm not sure how I want it to function yet. Ideally it would be activated with the r button without prompting on every pot, but I dont know how to do it.

Also, for the shops, the merchant only has a sell option. The available items will be overworlds you walk up to to purchase.
    I'm 99% sure that the script for using Rock Smash and other similar interactions actually call a command script that allows for user input, which could easily be omitted.

If you can get it working with a key item, there should only be a dialogue and confirmation if you manually add it. So it should be easy to omit.

Again, I don't really know the specifics, but I've seen this done before, using additional HM type moves that were functioning as Key Items. Not sure how it was done, but I know it's possible.

Sorry I can't be of more help. :/

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Ohey I did a thing.

Thanks Teh Blazer for some clarification about XSE stuff.

(No, this won't be what he says in the game. :D I just wanted to try doing the alt colors and switching back to regular colors as seen in normal Zelda games.)

If I may ask, how did you make the text in the textbox that white? I was editing the textbox in my hack. Can I use the font color in my hack bc Ive been looking for a good text color for my background.

BTW great updates they look great. You did a great job with them. Can't wait to see more.

Last edited:

Danno

Years
    The dungeon is looking awesome.

Thanks, it's even better since that picture haha.

I'm 99% sure that the script for using Rock Smash and other similar interactions actually call a command script that allows for user input, which could easily be omitted.

If you can get it working with a key item, there should only be a dialogue and confirmation if you manually add it. So it should be easy to omit.

Again, I don't really know the specifics, but I've seen this done before, using additional HM type moves that were functioning as Key Items. Not sure how it was done, but I know it's possible.

Sorry I can't be of more help. :/

There's hope for the future lol. Thanks again Prixy

If I may ask, how did you make the text in the textbox that white? I was editing the textbox in my hack. Can I use the font color in my hack bc Ive been looking for a good text color for my background.

BTW great updates they look great. You did a great job with them. Can't wait to see more.

Honestly I just used the edit any palette tutorial and tried all of the possible colors using hxe and nse to edit the palette. I dont have the offset, sorry

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    thanks though man. I managed to find the offset by dling the pic and copying the color and changed it a tad to make it look good on my textbox. I'll credit u for helping me find a good text color.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back