• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Zelda: Sacred Paradox (DOWNLOAD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Just...random question. Darknuts, where do you think they'd fit in the game? I'd always assumed they'd be late/endgame enemies, considering their strength.

I would hope late, because as appropriate as they would be for the endgame, I don't think I could resist the chance to have one on my team :q

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
Years
Just...random question. Darknuts, where do you think they'd fit in the game? I'd always assumed they'd be late/endgame enemies, considering their strength.

I would hope late, because as appropriate as they would be for the endgame, I don't think I could resist the chance to have one on my team :q

Yeah it'd probably be one of the much later enemies... gotta get through the normal enemies before the miniboss types :D

I'll just leave this here:
fapdP.jpg

Last edited:

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
The octorok style is certainly a good question. It really depends on how many forms you can make with them. With the Ocarina one, there's the giant version, the Jabu Jabu's Belly mini boss version, and...were there more? With the other kind, there's the stronger blue one (or can that be its shiny?) and the golden one. There was also that one Minish Cap boss. Are there others? At the shiny subject, shouldn't the Ocarina octorok's shiny be the bluish purple one from the archery games? Just a thought.

While I'm doing this whole thinking thing, Chu Chus came to mind. Use the Wind Waker/Minish Cap design! They're so cute! There are so many variations, and we can mess with evolution however right? I was thinking the red and green kinds are both the base. Different creatures that evolve into the same thing? That can work right? They could evolve into the blue kind normally but also into the yellow or purple with different methods. (this game's version of evolution items?)

Danno

Years
Well maybe this can be your first Zelda game then haha :D

I'm getting a little behind with the backsprites, but here's some ChuChus:
TMTlS.jpg

Basic Electric types

While I'm doing this whole thinking thing, Chu Chus came to mind. Use the Wind Waker/Minish Cap design! They're so cute! There are so many variations, and we can mess with evolution however right? I was thinking the red and green kinds are both the base. Different creatures that evolve into the same thing? That can work right? They could evolve into the blue kind normally but also into the yellow or purple with different methods. (this game's version of evolution items?)

Whoah you totally just posted at the same time as I just put those up... what a strange coincidence hahaha. And yeah, that could work :D That's a good idea for some of the other multicolored creatures too. Or...

...they can evolve into these:
Spoiler:

And about the Octorok, even though it was the first sprite I made, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna ditch the OOT design at least for right now.

Last edited:

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
Years
Omg that scared me xD such an ugly face, but that should be its evolution. I'm wondering if you are going to have the Skyward Sword variants of ChuChu's(even though they aren't called that). Also Stalfos would be awesome if it'd evolved into Stalmaster(if it gets in). This game is looking so good so far o.o

Danno

Years
Omg that scared me xD such an ugly face, but that should be its evolution. I'm wondering if you are going to have the Skyward Sword variants of ChuChu's(even though they aren't called that). Also Stalfos would be awesome if it'd evolved into Stalmaster(if it gets in). This game is looking so good so far o.o

Might as well have that version of the ChuChus, but they won't behave like the ones in Skyward Sword, they'd remain as electric types. And yeah maybe with the Stalmasters later in the game :D

EDIT:
cwXSv.jpg

'Chu Jelly?

Last edited:

Dxys

Pkmn. Trainer
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Aug 30, 2014
Might as well have that version of the ChuChus, but they won't behave like the ones in Skyward Sword, they'd remain as electric types. And yeah maybe with the Stalmasters later in the game :D

EDIT:
cwXSv.jpg

'Chu Jelly?

Looks like the "LOLWUT" Pear. ;P though those are some beautifully crafted sprites

GoldfishHorde

Whoa! A horde of Goldfish appeared!
Years
Woah, I missed a lot of things, didn't I?

For the Octoroks, I think it would work if the basic ones evolved into the OoT ones, or just have either one of them stand alone or evolve into a different kind of Octorok. It is your game, after all.

Loving them Chu Chus. Basic Electric types? That works well! And which one is shiny? I'm assuming the red one?

Danno

Years
Looks like the "LOLWUT" Pear. ;P though those are some beautifully crafted sprites

So name yours LOLWUT when the game comes out haha

Woah, I missed a lot of things, didn't I?

For the Octoroks, I think it would work if the basic ones evolved into the OoT ones, or just have either one of them stand alone or evolve into a different kind of Octorok. It is your game, after all.

Loving them Chu Chus. Basic Electric types? That works well! And which one is shiny? I'm assuming the red one?

Yeah you missed a few things... and the red and blue ones are probably shinies unless I make them seperate enemies or something. I'd only need to do that if I was low on enemy ideas though haha.

Also, here guys, have a support bar. (or don't, whatever :D )
Code:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=331358"][img]http://oi60.tinypic.com/29yp9g0.jpg[/img][/URL]

Last edited:

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
I don't know how you'll handle items, but I think the Chu Chus' colors should be seperate enemies so they can drop (or hold, however it'll work) their respective items. Be it the different chu jelly, or the heart/magic depending on which variation.

Danno

Years
I don't know how you'll handle items, but I think the Chu Chus' colors should be seperate enemies so they can drop (or hold, however it'll work) their respective items. Be it the different chu jelly, or the heart/magic depending on which variation.

I wouldnt begin to know how to do item drops, but I wouldnt count on there being all sorts of colors of the same enemy just yet. I may decide on that down the line, but as ive stated before I'm by no means a coder/scripter and I intend on leaving shinies in the game which will most likely serve as the only alternate colors for most creatures except the ones where it would really make a difference, like with poes, and even then the alternate colored poes should also have different base stats and some variation in their moveset.

Danno

Years
At the very least, they can be held items. Red Chu Chus hold red chu jelly, etc.

Except there may be no distinction between colors as they'd be the shiny versions, potentially. Not sure about this yet.

EDIT: On second thought, here's how I'll do it. I'll need a total of 9 creatures to be taken up by this.
From weakest to strongest:
Green ChuChu Family: Holds Max Ether
Red ChuChu Family: Holds Max Potion
Yellow ChuChu Family(Rare): Holds Max Revive
Of course the names will be changed, but I'm not going to call it Chu Jelly because I'm reserving that as one of the monster names. Think more along the lines of in Majoras Mask where these guys
cwXSv.jpg

Have hearts or magic bottles in them.

As a side note, I tweaked these guys to be smaller and look more true to their 3D counterparts:
xajUQ.jpg

And I've begun work on these:
npiYW.jpg

I'm also adding this to the first post. It's a list of all the items in FRLG but with notes on whether or not it'll be used and what the new names will be. (?) means I don't know yet, and (-------) means I'm leaving it out of the game.

Spoiler:

NOTE: I explained above why I think the pokeball crystals need to be changed to orbs.

And another thing to note... I think when it comes to overoworld revamping, in the GBC games everyone has 2 frames, and most people don't move. Only a select few do. I think maybe to stay more true to that style and only fully animate a few characters.(ones that would require walking)

.....and then there's this.

UG3Rt.jpg

Q2jYn.jpg

Last edited:

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
So the Deku's evolution is them longer-headed Deku whatsits? Then shouldn't the first form more accurately be called a Deku Scrub? Scrubs are the young ones I believe.

Last edited:

Danno

Years
So the Deku's evolution is them longer-headed Deku whatsits? Then shouldn't the first form more accurately be called a Deku Scrub? Scrubs are the young ones I believe.

http://zeldawiki.org/Deku_Scrub

All Dekus are considered Deku Scrubs. I'm taking some liberties with names because a lot of the monsters will be the same name from different games and different looks. And they're 2 different things, have you played Majora's Mask? Third Evo is Deku King. :P
500px-Deku_Royal_Family.png

Here's a gif of the bike/horse:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
There's always the generic Deku Scrub. Deku guards are thicker, so this more general scrubby isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back