• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Zelda: Sacred Paradox (DOWNLOAD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
Years
There's always the generic Deku Scrub. Deku guards are thicker, so this more general scrubby isn't it?

Nope. Technically both of the deku sprites I made are deku guards, if you google deku guards theyre what you'll see... I think a non-evolving mad scrub would make for a better deku scrub in this game.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Just for in-game integrity, and I'm not 100% on this, but I think the plural of Deku is Deku. It's a pretty Japanese name, structurally and phonetically, and the Japanese language doesn't use "s" for plural forms of their words, instead opting for modifying words or suffixes.

Danno

Years
Just for in-game integrity, and I'm not 100% on this, but I think the plural of Deku is Deku. It's a pretty Japanese name, structurally and phonetically, and the Japanese language doesn't use "s" for plural forms of their words, instead opting for modifying words or suffixes.

Yeah, you're right lol. I suppose the same could be said for the Zora, but not for Gorons. Btw did you see the posts on the last page? Thought maybe you'd have some decent input about the item names. :D

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Hello there Mr Goron.

Wow, there are loads of Goron here.

I'd say it sounds pretty plural there as well :( good catch, Macho.

Anyway - love the graphical overhaul you've managed, this is definitely interesting, I shall keep an eye on this :).

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Yeah, you're right lol. I suppose the same could be said for the Zora, but not for Gorons. Btw did you see the posts on the last page? Thought maybe you'd have some decent input about the item names. :D
Hm...well, I think that the Blue, Red, and Green Potions should somehow be tied to Healing Items. For instance, since in the games the Blue Potion restores magic, you could make Blue Potion and Potent Blue Potion replace Elixir and Max Elixir respectively. Green restores magic and health, but since there's no equivalent, I think that would make for a good max restore. And Red just heals, so...one of the healing items that isn't a heart, maybe?

As for the whole Crystal to Orb thing, that would be better for naming and make spriting easier. Well, unless you're dead set on that, I was also thinking Gem might work, since they're also from the Earth so it'd work with the whole plot idea set around them, as well as having three letters.

Danno

Years
Hello there Mr Goron.

Wow, there are loads of Goron here.

I'd say it sounds pretty plural there as well :( good catch, Macho.

Anyway - love the graphical overhaul you've managed, this is definitely interesting, I shall keep an eye on this :).

Maybe, Zelda Wiki seems to say they are known also as Dekus, but doing a little research, it seems to be the general consensus that the plural of Deku, Gerudo and Zora are the same, but Gorons and Hylians have an "S" at the end. Thanks for the support :D

Hm...well, I think that the Blue, Red, and Green Potions should somehow be tied to Healing Items. For instance, since in the games the Blue Potion restores magic, you could make Blue Potion and Potent Blue Potion replace Elixir and Max Elixir respectively. Green restores magic and health, but since there's no equivalent, I think that would make for a good max restore. And Red just heals, so...one of the healing items that isn't a heart, maybe?

As for the whole Crystal to Orb thing, that would be better for naming and make spriting easier. Well, unless you're dead set on that, I was also thinking Gem might work, since they're also from the Earth so it'd work with the whole plot idea set around them, as well as having three letters.

Gem... Gem is much better! Why didn't I think of that? :D And as for the Potions, I could have one of each, but Potent Blue Potion is too many letters. Blue Potion fits just fine though. So red for HP, green for PP, and blue for... both I guess, since the Blue potion heals Link's hearts and Magic. Thanks again man, if you have any other ideas I'd love to hear them.

Instead of having to find the post on page 7 every time I'll just continue to update the item list on the first post.

vfGG2.jpg

New exclamation sprites from the Oracle series :D

Might switch over to JPAN's engine, anyone know the pros and cons of that?

Last edited:

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Nope. Technically both of the deku sprites I made are deku guards, if you google deku guards theyre what you'll see... I think a non-evolving mad scrub would make for a better deku scrub in this game.

Oh okay, I was thinking of the Deku Palace guards. Yeah, a mad scrub can be fitting for the name.

Danno

Years
Oh okay, I was thinking of the Deku Palace guards. Yeah, a mad scrub can be fitting for the name.

No that'd be a different monster outside this evolution :D

200px-MM_MadScrub.png

That's a mad scrub :P

I'm trying to edit things with XSE but damn do I suck at it. Not trying to insert my own scripts, rather editing existing ones.... I read somewhere that people warned against using AdvanceText. Is there a reason for it?

Last edited:

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
I'm done with names :p. From my experience, overwriting offsets and nuking internal order can easily occur. (though it might've been mostly my own fault) It's much safer to use XSE and FSF to create dialogue from scratch. No fear of screwing anything up.

Danno

Years
I'm done with names :p. From my experience, overwriting offsets and nuking internal order can easily occur. (though it might've been mostly my own fault) It's much safer to use XSE and FSF to create dialogue from scratch. No fear of screwing anything up.

Lol so yeah I really should switch to JPAN's engine in that case(EDIT: Lol no. I can't code and literally everything is reliant on code in that engine, 60,000 OWs yet the overworld editors still only recognize 151 of them :D). Well anyways, I figured out how to (Kinda) make the overworlds act how I want, so here's a preview of some that I've been working on, in the new format:

CaXry.jpg

And here's the 'Great Hero' Ingo:
lba6i.jpg

Last edited:

Danno

Years
Looks nice. How're you going to get them to behave the way you want?

By keeping them stationary so they don't walk around at all. Here's an example:

b17ex.jpg

2efgJ.jpg

So they move, but not as frequently as I'd like. If you play Oracle of Seasons/Ages, most of the townsfolk are like this, and usually only important characters have side view and up view poses. So pretty much any characters that face slightly to the side are stationary only I guess.

As a side note, I got Sappy working again, but it was on a outdated version of the rom I'm working on. Tested the same .S file on my current rom and Sappy Crashed. Wtf.

NVM, Sappy decided to work. What a stubborn program.

Last edited:

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
It's a good workaround. Does that mean most NPCs don't "face" you when interacted with? Was it like that in the Oracle games as well? Been forever seem I've played one.

Danno

Years
It's a good workaround. Does that mean most NPCs don't "face" you when interacted with? Was it like that in the Oracle games as well? Been forever seem I've played one.

Yeah, exactly. Only some do.

And now Sappy's not working again. I don't get it.

EDIT:
OK, note to self, if using "midfix4agb.exe" open the .S file in notepad++ and remove all of the "_FINAL" instances... lol...

and make sure you manually put in a voicegroup every time, d'oh. Still I'm pretty sure that doesn't solve all of my crashing problems, but it's solving some for sure.

Last edited:

Danno

Years
New group of screenshots for the first post, I changed quite a bit:

jaU2v.jpg
K0zUi.jpg
9dpAB.jpg
hdkov.jpg
eQXUD.jpg
HPhZN.jpg
RHcuW.jpg
bDXJX.jpg
HbHFC.jpg
SXfOi.jpg

Also, I have music for the fairy fountains, a village, shops, and inside houses all inserted and working. Completely redesigned the first village, Previously Lynna Village, now Saisei Village, as the original map was more or less just a test for my tiles. Progressing along!

This is how it currently looks, though I'll probably add to it:

ao1nQ.jpg

Last edited:

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Looking great. All the graphics look amazing. Can't wait to see the story. Hack is looking better with each update :D

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Looks great so far. Couldn't help but notice while some of it looks nice and updated, some of it looks old and outdated. It could be just me but the rocks, chest, and grass seem in need of updating.

Danno

Years
Looks great so far. Couldn't help but notice while some of it looks nice and updated, some of it looks old and outdated. It could be just me but the rocks, chest, and grass seem in need of updating.

The rocks and chest rely on overworld palettes and I might change them later, depending on the colors I need for other characters (as overworld palettes are very limited) and the grass got a palette change that I'm very happy with. It's more true to the GB games and just bright and cheery enough to pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back