• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Zorua, an event only?

Do you think this is the only way to get Zorua?

• Yes

Votes: 46 43.4%
  • No

Votes: 60 56.6%

• Total voters

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
Years
  • I voted no, because I really don't want that to be the only way. Pay about 10-15USD to go see a movie I don't really care about to get a Celebi and eventually Zorua? Not really worth it, since that's about 1/3 of what a new DS game already costs. A Celebi would be nice though...... :P

But yeah, I'm hoping it will either be in-game, or some type of simpler event. The game company is smart though, since having this event at the theater will give kids extra incentive to beg their parents to go see the movie, and since the kids can't go alone, that's more movie tickets they will buy.....

I don't care much about Zorua and Zoruark though, I'm just not a big fan of dark-types I guess.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • I hate the way Game Freak have come to rely on Events lately. It's not like they're not making enough money as it is. I never really cared about Zorua, but for the people that do this just sucks the big one. It's going to get to the point one day that the game's main Legendaries are ~Event only~. Pah.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • If it is true, then like usual, Nintendo can care less about the fanbase, If this is the only way, then I would cry *prays for alternate Method of obtaining Zorua*

myrrh25

New account soon.
    Years
  • Heatran was Legendary though. i just find it so strange they did this. Isnt' this the first time they made a non legendary pokemon an event only?

Nope. Rotom is a non-legendary.

Also, away from that quote. Action Replay for a Zorua and then breed it for a legit Zorua. Easy done.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • If it is true, then like usual, Nintendo can care less about the fanbase, If this is the only way, then I would cry *prays for alternate Method of obtaining Zorua*

THAT would be the very last straw. If Game Freak made them unbreedable, then there would only be a limited supply of them and the only way to obtain one if you didn't go to the event is via pokesav.

And I SERIOULY hope they don't make a trainer having a zorua because that would be rubbing into people's faces telling them "HA HA I have a zorua and you don't and there is no way you can get one".

Cause lately they have been butts about breeding non-legendary event Pokemon, if Zorua WAS unbreedable, then the fans would revolt by sending thousands of angry letters to Nintendo

And if they do make a trainer like that, I am SOOOOO gonna kill them........

Yeah, breed. The only Pokemon incapable of breeding are legends and for some reason Nidoqueen.

Legends are unbreedable, and unuseable in the Battle Tower/Frontier because nintendo thinks that they are "game breakers", well if they are so called "game breakers", THEN WHY THE HELL DO YOU MAKE THEM!?

Thing is they are still Pichu. You can get a Pichu by breeding a Pikachu or Raichu or even capturing one.
    A Pichu is a Pichu no matter how you get it, it does not need a silly ear, you can get a shiny Pichu, you just have to breed a LOT to get one, but it's apparently this particular shiny Pichu that gets you the Spiky Eared one, lately, the event pokemon are un-nicknameable, and only particular individuals (Sky Forme Shaymin) can trigger the event, because they have an ID number un-obtainable to the player no matter how many times they start a new game, they are never going to get this ID number

I hate the way Game Freak have come to rely on Events lately. It's not like they're not making enough money as it is. I never really cared about Zorua, but for the people that do this just sucks the big one. It's going to get to the point one day that the game's main Legendaries are ~Event only~. Pah.

I agree, events were scarce in the first two generations, but about half way through the third, they just went bonkers with it, now look at the fans, many are mad because Game Freak, or should be renamed to "Event Freak", relies too much on events, I can't even make my Shaymin obtained through walk thru walls turn into sky forme, cause the event Shaymins were fixed to having only those un-nicknameable individuals turn into Sky Forme and all others stay Land Forme FOREVER, cause they do not care about the fans at all, only themselves.......

With this, it has made people almost IMPOSSIBLE to complete their Pokedexes legally

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
  • It'd better not be an event-only. Events are cool, but they should only be used in promotion of a movie or a new game. And getting events suck. Nintendo can't make up their friggin' minds about where to hold their events. I can get the wifi ones no problem, but Gamestop is a 3 mile walk there and a 3 mile walk back, and I missed the Arceus event because I was at Toys R us a day before the event and I couldn't get a ride back. Granted it's not as bad as having to go to new york to get a few events, but they made a big fuss about how great the upgrade to the wifi events were, and they rarely use the feature at all. Zoroark is the pokemon that got me interested in B/W, if they don't make him plentiful and available that'll be a real dick move on Nintendo's part.

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
  • Honestly?
    inb4pokesav/AR

But honestly most events suck anyway. They're there for like 10 minutes and just waste some time. People will just use a hacking program to get them. I consider my Emerald events (Ho-Oh, Lugia, Mew, Deoxys etc) legit because I couldn't get the event anyway, so I just cheated for the item I needed. Pokes all caught legitemately.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • Nintendo can't make up their friggin' minds about where to hold their events. I can get the wifi ones no problem, but Gamestop is a 3 mile walk there and a 3 mile walk back, and I missed the Arceus event because I was at Toys R us a day before the event and I couldn't get a ride back.

Plus, if you don't live in Japan or America, the locations of certain events just suck. I live next to a major city, and none of the cinemas even show the Pokémon films. I'm not going to buy a train fare to London just to see a film I don't want to see to get a Pokémon just to complete my PokéDex!

And none of our local game shops run the events, despite being major chains; the staff just gave me a weird look when I first asked about Events, and even the geekiest ones didn't know what I was talking about. :|

Urgh. I'm getting too ksfjfgdhfh'd about this, but GameFreak are taking the mick.

Last edited:

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    i hope not... Zorua was looking really cool, and i wanted to add it to my B/W team

Me too...
    that makes me sad that they did this :(
    I really loved both forms and was hoping that I could have it in my team..but not anymore :(
    but all we can do is hope that you can obtain it without a event.

Lelouch vi Britannia

99th Emperor of Britannia
    Years
  • Hopefully the Celebi will be distributed over wi-fi. That way a lot more people will be able to get it then Zorua. Even if I can't get Zorua I'm still getting these games. One Pokemon is not worth the entire game. There might be an even better Dark type.

Lelouch vi Britannia

99th Emperor of Britannia
    Years
  • They know you're going to buy the games either way. Besides even if you don't it won't matter to them as they'll still be making millions of dollars off the other fans and the newer ones

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2022
    Enough with the melodramatic crap, we don't know anything at the moment. Even if it is event-exclusive (which I doubt), all it takes is someone with the event Zorua/evo to breed the hell out of it and trade the eggs to people (which will in turn continue the spreading, etc.)

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
  • mm, Zorua is very popular, everyone will be gutted if it is a event only.

But a event Zorua with special moves or ball will be awesome. People would try really hard to get it. (well zorua fans will anyway)

Back