• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Zorua, an event only?

Do you think this is the only way to get Zorua?

• Yes

Votes: 46 43.4%
  • No

Votes: 60 56.6%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I've looked on three different Resource Sites for Pokemon and not one says that Zorua or Zoroak are Event only. They only say that the Pokemon can be received from events.

Right now it looks like a bad case of misinterpretation on OP's part. If you can show me a site that says it IS only through Event that would be one thing. But all three sites I've checked said they can be received through In Game events.

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    I've looked on three different Resource Sites for Pokemon and not one says that Zorua or Zoroak are Event only. They only say that the Pokemon can be received from events.
    Where'd you look? Try here: https://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml

Sorry, but it pretty much says straight-up these two can only be obtained in-game through the events. Pokebeach says it as well (though they are a bit of a rumor mill, Serebii not so much, but I digress). Again, I'd like to point out the term used: "not available during normal gameplay."

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • Again, I'd like to point out the term used: "not available during normal gameplay."

As in: "During normal gameplay, you will not be able to get this Zorua/Zoruark with this special move"

Lelouch vi Britannia said:
    Hopefully the Celebi will be distributed over wi-fi.

It dang well better be! That's one thing I'm missing..... :(

Edit: Although, if they are obtained through an event pokemon, sort of like how the Event Arceus can get you Dialga/Palkia/Giratina in HG/SS, wouldn't it be kind of weird to have ANOTHER in-game Zorua/Zoruark?

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    As in: "During normal gameplay, you will not be able to get this Zorua/Zoruark with this special move"
    Oh, I wish it was that easy. Seems a bit awkward, though, since nobody who has posted the news has actually said anything about a special move, and it would seem common sense that you wouldn't be able to get the events normally otherwise. Why would they mention it, then, if there was another way to get them?

Speaking of, there don't really seem to be any special moves. Check out their movesets:
    Zorua
    *Leer
    *Scratch
    *Pursuit
    *Fake Tears

Zoruark
    *Fury Swipes
    *Faint Attack
    *Scary Face
    *Taunt

Look, I would love it just as much as anyone else if you didn't need the event to get them, but my logical side says it's far more likely that won't be the case.

.Awesome

Awesome.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 11, 2010
    Most likely. Unless you like, breed Zoroark or something. Because, where else do you think we could catch it? It seems like a special Pokemon, like Spiritomb.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Well this is the first time I've seen this info. It says confirmed by Corocoro. So there is no use crying over it now. If that's what Pokemon is going to do, then might as well start praying for AC codes for them cause there is no other way to get them.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • Since I can't read moon runes (you lied to me Rosetta Stone!), I am unsure if CoroCoro said that it was the only way to get a Zorua, I think it said that this was a special Zorua that could learn a special move once it reaches a certain level, Hope I am right though.....

Edit:
    Okay this is over the top bullcrap, Zorua & Zoroark event only? Why in the bloody hell would Nintendo ever do that? They're like the Lucario/Riolu of Gen 5, and they make them event exclusive!? it doesn't make any freaking sense to me whatsoever, I hate that they make event Pokémon in general... They should all be catchable in game without the need of any stuff, but considering Nintendos excessive greed, we all have to suffer through it (I'm sooo making a Zorua hack when this comes in the states)...

I think that if they keep Zorua and Zoroark event only for the States next year, it should not be held at Toys R Us. It should be done at either Gamestop or WFC. Because only major citys like St. Louis, MO have a Toys R Us and small towns like mine don't. I like the Gamestop ones because my town has a GameStop, unfortunatly, it just opened a month ago after the last GameStop event, AND I AM NOT DRIVING 90 MILES ALL THE WAY TO GODDAMNED CINCINATTI TO GET A ZORUA, also, considering that they do not have the movies in cinema in the states (it's been like that since Movie 3, mainly because Pokemon was losing popularity to a certain ninja anime THAT WAS NOT EVEN DUBBED YET!! You can probably guess which ninja anime I'm talking about), they will probably make it so that Zorua is obtainable in game in the US versions, much like Ranger Net was in the US version of the first Pokemon Ranger game

Hold on, what the hell is THIS!?

Look at two months ago when Celebi's attacks were revealed through CoroCoro:

Recover, Nasty Plot, Healing Wish, Leaf Storm

These are two instances where in both they make it perfectly clear that they are talking about attacks.
    I've been following CoroCoro very closely for a year now, and they have always explained moves that cannot be learned normally in the same way (as above).
    Adding onto that, where do you see on the CoroCoro scan that those attacks listed (and pointed to) were the event Zoroark attacks? If you look at them closely, Claw Sharpen is not one of them.
    Claw Sharpen has been directly linked to the event Zoroark on the official movie website as one of it's attacks when you get it through the event (see here). This means that here, they are just showing you "attacks of a Zoroark," which has no relationship to "you can only get it with these special moves through this event."

Which could Possibly mean that Zorua will be obtainable in game as well, possibly through an egg, maybe not with the Claw Sharpen attack, hope I am right this time, but we can only know for sure when the games come out, else I will have to make that Zorua hack I mentioned earlier.......

Last edited:

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    I've been following CoroCoro very closely for a year now, and they have always explained moves that cannot be learned normally in the same way (as above).
    Adding onto that, where do you see on the CoroCoro scan that those attacks listed (and pointed to) were the event Zoroark attacks? If you look at them closely, Claw Sharpen is not one of them.

Well, if you're referring to my post where I listed the attacks, that came straight from Serebii's pages on the Zorua and Zoroark events. Are you sure it said it would actually know the moves when caught, or just that it could learn them? *shrug* I just looked up the old Bulbanews article on it and it just said "it has two new moves," which I suppose could mean either "has them" or "can learn them."

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
  • i think it won't be JUST an event pokemon. u will most likely be able to get a zorua in an egg like you did with riolu.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Eh either way it wont matter to be because i have the crown dogs, and ill be getting the celibe from the movies, but i do know it sucks because not everyone can get them, wasn't easy for me to get either

EmzStar

GERONIMO!!
    Years
  • It better be avaliable in normal Gameplay, I can't use WiFi (Stupid Nintendo, not making WPA Compatiable!) and I have TWO Game stores in Town but the events are always in London! So I'll probably have to use AR (Even though I hate cheating.), I was hoping to put Zoroark in my Team!:(

tikki

Idiot Haunter
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    If this is a strictly event-based pokemon, it's a pretty sad attempt at making a pokemon seem special, in my opinion. I really like zoroark's design but if it is going to be that ridiculously difficult to obtain it or its pre-evo, I have absolutely no qualms with whipping out my AR. And if I'm that picky about having event status in its stats page, I have a whole google (literally) of code-creators to remedy that.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I like event Pokemon. They are not nearly as hard to come by as they were in the past, and all of the important ones are easy to get. I'm excited to get my hands on them, and since think they can be bred I think that everyone on the forum will be able to get one too. Hopefully they don't pull a Manaphy/Phione with them tho...

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    well the way i see it with the gts, and sites like ebay it wouldnt be hard to get a zorak or zoura.

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
  • ugh i wanted one :( Even when events come to australia, I usually don't no about them. Guess I'll have to try and keep track from now on... I highly doubt any cinemas around here will be playing a pokemon movie

Back