• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Secret Base Battles - How ?

Mistys_Brother

Monkey Magic !!
Years
  • Hey there , has anyone ever had a secret base battle with that kid in Mossdeep City ?

Cause I've been there afew times and he keeps saying he has been in my Secret Base but I never see him. Plus his sister says that he always goes into Secret Bases looking for battles !?

Pokedragonfire

ph34r |\/|y 1337 n1nj4 5k1||z
    Years
  • You can battle a friend if they have a secret base (not where yours is) and you mix records. It can help you earn exp and evs if you tell your friend (or if you have two GBA's and two pokemon ruby/sapphire games) to pick pokemon with all the right evs! Yay!

Master_Zangoose

Has a nack for idiocy
    Years
  • And in addition, after a year, not only do your berries stop growing, but you can only battle the person in the secret once after mixing files. Before your one year time period is up, you can battle them once a day. I discovered this the annoying way :P

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • And if you lose to them, you do not go to the pokemon center. And after every battle, you're pokemon are fully healed. I find that I benefit more healing my pokemon that way than by going to the pokemon center. The only way to update your berry program as they call it is to use the colloseum bonus disk, or use the special update program that eb games is supposed to be carrying.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • Master_Zangoose said:
    And in addition, after a year, not only do your berries stop growing, but you can only battle the person in the secret once after mixing files. Before your one year time period is up, you can battle them once a day. I discovered this the annoying way :P

Yeah, this is known as the Berry Glitch. You fix it by either
    a) downloading Jirachi, either from Colosseum bonus disk in the US, or Pokemon Channel in Europe
    b) connecting at least once to Pokemon Colosseum (story mode or colosseum mode) using a GC-GBA cable

There's probably another way to fix the Berry Glitch, but that's the two I know of.

Anyway, back on topic.. and I have nothing to say. Shock Horror!

Poke'gangster

Banned
    Years
  • Master_Zangoose said:
    And in addition, after a year, not only do your berries stop growing, but you can only battle the person in the secret once after mixing files. Before your one year time period is up, you can battle them once a day. I discovered this the annoying way :P

Holy cow..
    It seens like Nintendo is trying to make us buy more products.
    That never happened to me Master Zangoose, how did that happen to you?!

edit: is all of that part of the berry glitch? cause I only know 1 part of the berry glitch.

Back