• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PBR Wi-Fi Pokebowl 2008!

HappinyDaisy

Old Enough to Be Your Mom
Years
  • New post: Hey guys... seems a like a lot of people are into the March Madness thing. That sounds like a pretty cool idea. So...for today, if anyone wants have a fun battle with me tonight via PBR, just PM me. However, if you guys want in on a March Pokebowl than I'm all for trying to organize it. I may need a little help considering I'm new to the board, but I think some fun categories would be (and you can enter as many as you want):
    • All (ice, bug, psychic, ghost, fire, water, grass, electric, etc...I think dual types should be acceptable)
    • All Kanto Region
    • All Jhoto Region
    • All Hoenn Region
    • Top Team Battle
    • All Legendary Battle
    • All lv5 only Battle
    • All Starter Battle
    • Gym Leader Themed Battle
    If anyone has any more ideas for categories, I'll put them in! Can we set a tentative date of March 15th-ish or do you guys need more time? Just let me know.

Game on!?

Don't forget I still would love to battle tonight on PBR with anyone and any team, so if you guys still want to have a fun battle, I'm in after 6ish today!

Original Post: Here's a hokey idea, but I thought it would be fun. Since the big game is tomorrow, I thought we could celebrate by having an all-day pokemon battle-fest! Sadly, I'll be in opera rehearsal for most of the day, but I wanna get in later in the day!

So, I thought we could have different kinds of battles and anyone can participate. I had the idea, like we could have type battles like "all ice-type team" battle or "all Kanto Region battle" or "all lv 5 battle". I thought it would be kind of cool to battle with pokemon types you wouldn't normally be interested in just for fun. Even pokemon that are considered "never-used" would be fun (does someone have an official list?) Of course, you could also battle using your regular team too :) Legendary Battle would be really interesting as well! It goes without saying that keeping your entry teams legit (un-touched by AR, etc) is encouraged ;-)

Anyway...I just wanted throw the idea out there and give everyone a day to prepare their teams. Prizes would be interesting, but there would have to be some sort of system for verifying victories or something. If anyone wants in or has any ideas, please post! :)

Last thing: Seems to me, the response I seem to be getting is a little un-encouraging, remember people...this is no big deal. I'm just sick of random battling and I think it would be a fun time to take some pokes that have been sitting in your boxes for ages and let them have some fun. I appreciate the feedback and opinions about the idea. If you are not interested in participating, there's nothing wrong with that. It makes the thread easier to manage for me if I hear from people who are interested in having some fun battles tomorrow than to wade through the messages discouraging the idea. It doesn't count toward your taxes, grades in school, driver's insurance records or arrest records...it's just some fun battling on Superbowl Sunday :) Let's have fun!

Last edited:

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    sadly tourney never work out that well even with time which of course only have one day

Umanouski

1/2 of the NIWA Tag Team Champ
    Years
  • Here's a hokey idea, but I thought it would be fun. Since the big game is tomorrow, I thought we could celebrate by having an all-day pokemon battle-fest! Sadly, I'll be in opera rehearsal for most of the day, but I wanna get in later in the day!

So, I thought we could have different kinds of battles and anyone can participate. I had the idea, like we could have type battles like "all ice-type team" battle or "all Kanto Region battle" or "all lv 5 battle". I thought it would be kind of cool to battle with pokemon types you wouldn't normally be interested in just for fun. Even pokemon that are considered "never-used" would be fun (does someone have an official list?) Of course, you could also battle using your regular team too :) Legendary Battle would be really interesting as well! It goes without saying that keeping your entry teams legit (un-touched by AR, etc) is encouraged ;-)

Anyway...I just wanted throw the idea out there and give everyone a day to prepare their teams. Prizes would be interesting, but there would have to be some sort of system for verifying victories or something. If anyone wants in or has any ideas, please post! :)

Good luck getting it all done in one day. Try shooting for March for PokeMarch Madness or somthing like that. However, everyone should just put there top pokes in the battle.

HappinyDaisy

Years
  • sadly tourney never work out that well even with time which of course only have one day

Thanks for the reply! It's okay if it doesn't work out. I'll be out most of the day anyway. I will certainly be battling tomorrow whether it's random battle or something planned in this thread :) Hope you'll change your mind and want to get in!

Anyone else in? :)

HappinyDaisy

Years
  • Good luck getting it all done in one day. Try shooting for March for PokeMarch Madness or somthing like that. However, everyone should just put there top pokes in the battle.

It's nothing serious, it's just a fun battle! Hope you'll be on wi-fi tomorrow :)

i am in, but remember, you only have one day and the tourny is not that organized.

Yay! Thanks...it's not a big deal, just a fun wi-fi battle day that's more fun than random battling :)

Last edited:

HappinyDaisy

Years
  • hmm, for some reason my Wii does not like to hook online with my router. Keep in mind my router is re-soldered to a ungodly point.

I had a lot of trouble with that when I first got the wii. It seems to help if the router is on channel 1 or 11. If you know how to get into the network settings, you can finagle it. After I changed the channel, I stopped having connection problems.

Umanouski

1/2 of the NIWA Tag Team Champ
    Years
  • it connects fine, it just does not like to do it with my PBR for some reason (I am a comcast TECH i know all about problems and the like, thats how i fixed my router like 1 million billion zillion times)

HappinyDaisy

Years
  • it connects fine, it just does not like to do it with my PBR for some reason (I am a comcast TECH i know all about problems and the like, thats how i fixed my router like 1 million billion zillion times)

A billion zillion times??!?! :) Very cool that you're a comcast Tech. I don't know how I survived without DVR all this time. I wonder why it doesn't like to connect to the PBR wi-fi? Hope it works out tomorrow.

HappinyDaisy

Years
  • I will battle but it wont be to pop though

Glad you're in. Don't understand the last part of your message, but this is what it translates to: "...but it won't be too popular though." Is that what you were trying to type?

If it's not popular, then it's okay :) Hope to see your pokes tomorrow!

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    heres too reasons why .. none likes to battle on PBR for some reason becuase ihave tried ... second you have 1 whole day

HappinyDaisy

Years
  • heres too reasons why .. none likes to battle on PBR for some reason becuase ihave tried ... second you have 1 whole day

I'm sorry that you feel so negatively about it and you've had some bad experiences trying to set up something similar :(

Listen...this is no big deal. If I have to battle with random peeps tomorrow like I do all the time, I'm not going to shed too many tears about it :) I'm happy that you'd like to battle tomorrow, but insisting on posting discouraging messages doesn't really do much good for the pokebowl, man! Let's just have some fun, okay? ;-)

See you tomorrow!

PokemonTrainerApril

Bobo is a cool Swampert!
    Years
  • Good luck getting it all done in one day. Try shooting for March for PokeMarch Madness or somthing like that. However, everyone should just put there top pokes in the battle.

I'd have my team ready by March. I'd love to participate in the March Madness competetion (considering there is one). ^_^

EDIT: Oh, I have a bunch of Kanto Pokemon I can raise. I'd love to participate in the all Kanto region competetion.

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    So far we have 5 participants that is good hopefully we can get 3 more ... ~TDB

Last edited:

HappinyDaisy

Years
  • March Pokebowl instead?

Hey guys... seems a like a lot of people are into the March Madness thing. That sounds like a pretty cool idea. So...for today, if anyone wants have a fun battle with me tonight via PBR, just PM me. However, if you guys want in on a March Pokebowl than I'm all for trying to organize it. I may need a little help considering I'm new to the board, but I think some fun categories would be (and you can enter as many as you want):
    • All (ice, bug, psychic, ghost, fire, water, grass, electric, etc...I think dual types should be acceptable)
    • All Kanto Region
    • All Jhoto Region
    • All Hoenn Region
    • Top Team Battle
    • All Legendary Battle
    • All lv5 only Battle
    • All Starter Battle
    If anyone has any more ideas for categories, I'll put them in! Can we set a tentative date of March 15th-ish or do you guys need more time? Just let me know.

Game on!?

Don't forget I still would love to battle tonight on PBR with anyone and any team, so if you guys still want to have a fun battle, I'm in after 6ish today!

Last edited:
    Back