• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon the Film

TheReignOverhead

The Reign Overhead
Years
  • Well, you probably can't count much on this. I'm rather infamous for taking on much more than I can handle (take my Mario and Godzilla projects for example).

And so, another introduction...

Live Action Pokémon film.

Simply titled "Pokémon" it will recount the tale of the first Pokémon game (Red/Blue/Yellow/Green) in a very dark and twisted fashion.

Okay, I'm being kicked off the computer now, so I'm leaving you with the film's opening bit (there's a couple problems with it, but I'll fix those later):
    http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n31/donkeyDude94/?action=view&current=pokemon_opening.flv

Feedback and comments appreciated, and if this is in the wrong forum please move it.

Terry M

Weepinbell: Don't hurt me!!!!!
    Years
  • That was an excellent opening, but is the whole thing real or 2D?

If its real, the pokemon have to look simlar to the things they're based on but with different colours.

TheReignOverhead

The Reign Overhead
    Years
  • That was an excellent opening, but is the whole thing real or 2D?

If its real, the pokemon have to look simlar to the things they're based on but with different colours.

Sorry about the absence, thanks for the feedback.

It's planned as a live-action film.
    As to the Pokémon designs, they'll be recognizable, but not so cartoony.

What I'm wanting to do here is to show the cruel, dark side of Pokémon. There will no doubt be contrasting and comparison to dogfighting and cockfighting, and that's kind of my goal for the project.

And then you have our little sub-plot which eventually makes its way into the main flow of the film, showing the product of the cruelty. BUT, that's not a point of discussion as of yet, the film is still in production.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    The beginning looks really cool, and professional. But there is one question I need to ask, when you say live-action, do you mean with PEOPLE or animation? (Sorry, I know it's a stupid question).

TheReignOverhead

The Reign Overhead
    Years
  • The beginning looks really cool, and professional. But there is one question I need to ask, when you say live-action, do you mean with PEOPLE or animation? (Sorry, I know it's a stupid question).

Not at all a stupid question.
    The animation is planned as 3d (cgi Pokémon). Not like 2D animation infused into the film. There will be human actors in a real environment, but the Pokémon will be animated (at least when I can hire some animators).

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I would like to help with you, but I don't see how, because this is really interesting what you are doing here and I like the short video. ;)

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • This sounds like a great idea, and the opening is very professional. Just a question, are you hiring screenwriters, or are you writing it yourself? If you need people to write I'd love to help.

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
  • The background music is amazing.
    I agree it's a really good intro.
    Can't wait to see how the pokemon will look like...

Years
  • If it is going to be live action with real people why don't you get some of us to play the characters depending on who looks like who for example a member here might look like Brock and would play Brock but it would be difficult because people live in different places around the globe or we could get in contact with 4Kids, Nintendo, WB and Game Freak and could be the ones who start off the whole thing with that cool intro.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    You'll need a good trailer to get in contact with Gamefreak and Nintendo.

The opening is good as many have said, but you should get a guy with a deep voice to do the voice over for the trailer and make at least 3 key scenes(with out showing too much of the movie) if you want to get a contract.

If not, then just do as you were planning to.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9zDYNQp4Jqw&feature=related this is a perfect example.

MissMegano

not-so innocent saint
    Years
  • Wow, that's really good. I'm just wondering, how are you going to animate it? Are you going the traditional way, drawing some 50 pictures per second of animation? Or are you going to make really computery models? (like Veggie Tales or something) Sorry if I'm being too vague.

TheReignOverhead

The Reign Overhead
    Years
  • Woah, load of comments!

Okay. This has to be closer to the games than much of the TV series was (4Kids is kind of notorious about that). Now, what I liked about the original Pokémon movie is that it was dark, it followed a lot of the same storyline of the games and it was really fun to see the classic video game come to life on screen. However, what I feel is that Pokémon went down the drain after the third film. They turned each movie into a kind of comedy and kind of said "screw the games, this is how we're doing it". This is why the movies went straight to DVD afterward.

And so... with a combination of 3D creatures and live action acting (not sure who's going to do either yet, I'm still developing ideas) I'm attempting to bring Pokémon back into the pop-culture word where it's not only a cult phenomenon, but everybody likes it in some way shape or form.

There would be Gym Leaders of course, there would be Team Rocket (but not the TV show's version, It doesn't make for a good Fantasy film). In the end, all of the Kanto region would have to bond together to fight off the Revolution (ala Pokémon the First Movie).

Thanks for the comments and I'll post back when I have any more updates.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • I see you haven't answered my question... but that's okay, there were quite a lot of comments. Do you need screenwriters, or are you writing it yourself? If you need people to write I'd love to help.

TheReignOverhead

The Reign Overhead
    Years
  • I see you haven't answered my question... but that's okay, there were quite a lot of comments. Do you need screenwriters, or are you writing it yourself? If you need people to write I'd love to help.

Oh, sorry.
    Yes. I do need screenwriters, there's such a big plot to cover and I'm not all that good with plot devices and such. I only usually do the story's framework and the screenwriters go from there.
    So basically It's like, "I want this and this in the movie, you can find your way to fitting those in the way you want. As long as it makes sense."

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    Are you going to keep putting updates for the movie on this thread? If so, I have to subscribe to it.

Palkia_279

Palkia's master
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2008
    Good opening. But I was expecting to see a picture at the end.

Question: Are you an actual Movie Director, or is this a fan film?

Back