• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Rage Of Innocence" Episode Discussion

Years
Here is where you can discuss the Red Gyarados' fury unleashed in the frenzied "Rage Of Innocence."

My review to come forthwith.

Years

GKS

Retired Hacker
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2013
This was a pretty interesting episode and a good one as well. The first episode to show Lance.

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
Years
This was one intense episode if I do say so myself. I mean when you look at it, it seems like we all expected Ash and Friends to save the day but really he didn't. Ash and Friends didn't save the day and we even got a sneak peak at one of the Johto Gym Leader that has an attitude. Teeheehee

Years
I mean when you look at it, it seems like we all expected Ash and Friends to save the day but really he didn't. Ash and Friends didn't save the day and we even got a sneak peak at one of the Johto Gym Leader that has an attitude. Teeheehee

Right, Lance did all the grunt work: contacted the Global Police, saved the twerps, took down Tyson and caught the Red Gyarados. All Ash did was recklessly release the Red Gyarados and caused the Grunts to crash. Not much by comparison, eh?

Anyway, yeah, Pryce's cameo was a nice treat and rather unexpected. Pretty fan-service-y and not a complete waste, as he rightly chided Ash's actions.

My only real complaint (besides the obvious flaws as everyone else has pointed out) was how Sebastian just left the episode halfway through. If he was a more recurring character, like his counterpart Namba would be, then I'd be alright with it. Being that this is his final full appearance to date (not counting a future cameo), I'm a tad discontent overall. Oh, well, with Rocket agents, that's not new.

Plus, it's hard to top his monologue from the previous episode.

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
Years
Yeppie. It seems as if Ash and Friend got in the way more then helped. Teeheehee

Oh yes, seeing Pryce was kinda refreshing since all the gym leaders till him were nice to Ash. I think the last gym leader that was as cold to Ash was either Sabrina or Blaine and Blaine was actually hot about it. Teeheehee Not as cold as Pryce. Teeheehee Still I think this appearence really helped since it set up for the next episode even if seeing the gym leader wasn't a priority.

That is a good point. Kinda sad too since he looked so coolies. Teeheehee Still Sebastian did get that great speacil so it suppose to have even out but it would be nice to see him more then Namba.

Teeheehee Charaxes DPed! Bad Charaxes!!!! teeheehee

Years
Yeppie. It seems as if Ash and Friend got in the way more then helped. Teeheehee

Oh yes, seeing Pryce was kinda refreshing since all the gym leaders till him were nice to Ash. I think the last gym leader that was as cold to Ash was either Sabrina or Blaine and Blaine was actually hot about it. Teeheehee Not as cold as Pryce. Teeheehee Still I think this appearence really helped since it set up for the next episode even if seeing the gym leader wasn't a priority.

That is a good point. Kinda sad too since he looked so coolies. Teeheehee Still Sebastian did get that great speacil so it suppose to have even out but it would be nice to see him more then Namba.

Teeheehee Charaxes DPed! Bad Charaxes!!!! teeheehee

Sometimes, they do get in the way, but this is the first time the observation was made quite clear from the writing. Maybe the writers were trying to tell us something? Hmm...

Anyway, right, we'll get to see the cranky old man in action next episode, and, boy, what an episode it was. Either way, right, it serves as a good prelude or at least, a nice fortifier of Pryce's renowned ornery ness.

I'm not denying the awesome ness of the Raikou Special, as Sebastian had an impressive entrance, but it does amaze me how certain characters get the elusive return appearance. Obviously, Sebastian was that popular, yet not as cool as Namba. Which explains the latter's endless Broadcasting System episode appearances. Then again, Namba is more fun in terms of voice, whereas, Sebastian requires more thought and can't do stream of consciousness in his dialogue like Namba.

I'm feeling oddly profound tonight (and the board made me DP. Heh).

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
Years
And up late. Teeheehee

Maybe it is telling us to don't expect Ash and Friends to play hero too much in the show anymore? Teeheehee

That is true. I guess since they anime is more mainstream and most of the Rockets are used as comic relief to some degree, Namba is perfer over Sebastain is used for more serious things. Still I would love to see Sebastain come back to take a look at Sinnoh legends. That seems like up his alley.

Years
And up late. Teeheehee

Maybe it is telling us to don't expect Ash and Friends to play hero too much in the show anymore? Teeheehee

That is true. I guess since they anime is more mainstream and most of the Rockets are used as comic relief to some degree, Namba is perfer over Sebastain is used for more serious things. Still I would love to see Sebastain come back to take a look at Sinnoh legends. That seems like up his alley.

Computer wankery, dear.

Indeed. Ironically, the narration explictly tells us they're "heroes," but then, you mull on the definition of hero. Of course, that's a big argument for another time. For a mini-example, dwell on Ash's treatment of the Rocket Grunts, cutting the ropes/allowing them to crash, plus frying J/J/M later. Not very noble, huh?

You're right on the problem with the anime Rockets, thanks to J/J/M's massive popularity, most of the Rockets just about have a humorous streak. Note the main Rockets of the day: Wendy from Dues and Don'ts was obsessive over a fruit drink, Buson had his odd facial expressions, Domino was cute, evil and... tripped on a bucket.

As for Sinnoh and Sebastian, oh, that's an interesting topic. Notice how most of the Legendaries, there have a mental connection (time and space = perception and reality with Dialga/Palkia, dreams/nightmares with Darkrai and Cresselia). Sebastian used Raikou's own power against it, so he could easily outwit the Sinnoh versions.

Back