• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Online Pokemon Game

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2008
    Hello everyone!

I will be releasing a new pokemon game to come soon about 2 months or so. I am currently working solo on this project and it's completion time may or may not be delayed. As of now I am looking for graphics artists to come up with new pets to include in the game. Any accepted artists design will receive a lvl 50 version of their designed pet and 40 percent of sales on the pet if it is included in the members only section. All the original pokemon are entirely free to obtain although certain pokemon throughout the series are only obtainable once and by one trainer only. If you are interested send me a pm with your designed pet or questions.

Sincerely,
    James...

Firemaker

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Please give more info about the game. Pets? Sales? It is illegal to profit off this online game, but I believe free versions are allowed.

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2008
    Yes all pokemon related content will entirely free of charge all pokemon and all items. The members only items/pets are going to be original content things like my Replication Ball which has a normal catch rate but clones any caught pokemon/pet (I say "pet" because all original content creatures will not be called pokemon.) Any further questions are welcome. I am not advertising my game specifically here I am looking for help on the game itself. Thank you. James.

KageRyuu

The Shadow Dragon
    Years
  • I am a cutter, (not the emo kind) but the kind that can rip sprites from sprite sheets and recolor, and do other things like that. I just cant code.

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2008
    Ehh you see last time I checked pokemon never had a replication ball or a belt that lets you hold 7 (dare I call it pokeballs?) plus that is why I asked for original designs nothing pokemon related is going to be sold only the items/"pets" I or the Team create. In the near future of this release it will be converted into an original content game as soon as I get designers/graphics artists and a few more coders. I have some huge updates coming and a demo on the way so just hang in there and if you are interested in joining please let me know. I do need sprites as I have started a graphical engine for it as well. But if you are going to make the sprites I need larger images of the sprite as well not just sprites. Thanks again. James.

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2008
    For those of you who have been waiting on an update or thought this was another abandoned pokemon project here is some good news! For one I scratched the original design for the main page and got a much more attractive looking one designed, I'll post pictures later. As for game updates. The mapping engine is almost complete! Fully featured with multiple layers(including walk under tile layer), map loading spots, and shop entrances. Now just to show how the mapping will work I am releasing a link to my map editor I designed for this game, feel free to play around with it (saving is disabled for demo purposes) get used to the way the map maker works because later in the game players will be able to buy land and construct it with a modified version (which this version is still in beta as well) anyway the link...malucifer.890m.com/mapeditor.php NOTE**This Map Maker is not for the faint of internet connections as there is 1000+ tiles and its on a free host at that...bare with the 3 minute load times it is worth it... let me know what you all think this is 1 of the many things to come to Pokemon:Evo! Sincerely, James.....

Sorry for the double post.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2008
    to make it legal you cant use any content from pokemon in it but it can have pokemon like story line and you have to change the names of everything and modifiy how all the things look.

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2008
    A new update has arrived! My mapping engine is 97.5% complete!(Few MINOR things to add) I will provide a link where you can register login and test the map engine out first hand! (It is a very generic shotty map, along with everyone being the same sprite, and yes I said everyone it has Multiplayer Display Support) so please before I have to post after myself again someone comment on this. And I am in need of some help here as well if anyone can lend a hand.

I need the following:
    1) Anyone experienced in Ajax/php/javascript/mysql to help with the main coding of it all.
    2) Spriters...yes everyone needs you sly devils but as said before I plan to create my own game using this engine when it is completed and am going to need original work. Please anyone interested give me a shout.

Now onto the Map Engine Links
    malucifer.890m.com/register.php --> Register First Here.
    malucifer.890m.com/login.php --> Login here

That is all your gonna need the login page if authenticated will auto direct you to the game. Which right now is only a very basic setup on the page, it will look alot better once the entire thing is finished (Engine work first then comes webGui).

WARNING: I have no image preloading so the map will come up looking funny for a little bit it shouldnt take long to load and once loaded will save cached versions of the map so the next visits will not take long at all. Just let it load and test it out let me know what you all think.

Thanks again .....James.

And yes em370 is correct, but then again any pokemon game fan made is illegal unless completely redone as em370 stated as well.

Years
  • No No No.You got wrong there buddy.Every Pokemon fangame that charges money is illegal until completely redone.Nintendo said that they agree for people to hack their games/make games using Pokemon,but they said that if a fanmade Pokemon game charges money,even for something in the game that doesn't belong to Nintendo,is illegal.You could get sued very easily so better remove the pay thingy!

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2008
    So you do have a link to the article that says this? I would appreciate it. Im not worried about the pay feature right now it's going to be mostly for the transformed game in the end. But a link to the article in which it says go ahead use all our graphics to make a game would be great.

Years
  • www.google.com might work,if you search enough.Also they said that in a press article.Pokemon is copyrighted by Nintendo,and it's their property and any profit off a game that contains anything related to Nintendo is strictly illegal.Every experienced hacker knows that.Paying is illegal,but donating isn't.Donating for a game but not getting any reward for what you paid is legal.For example,Pokemon Platinum.Fanmade game,you could always donate to support the project but you don't get anything because you paid.Also how do you think people still make games?I mean,if this wasn't allowed,Nintendo would know by a lot of tim now about hacks/fanmade games and no one would still make them because they would get sued.
    ~Rapidash~

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    So you do have a link to the article that says this? I would appreciate it. Im not worried about the pay feature right now it's going to be mostly for the transformed game in the end. But a link to the article in which it says go ahead use all our graphics to make a game would be great.

The bottom line is, do not charge for your game. You have a very good change of getting sued, and you're better off coming up with your own ideas rather that borrowing from Nintendo.

You cannot make a profit at all, even if it is to pay for servers. The only reason Nintendo isn't going after hackers and game makers is because there are to many people doing it, and they aren't making a profit at all.

If you aren't charging, that fine, they won't go after you. Nintendo did indeed say that people are allowed to use the Graphics. So you shouldn't have any troubles at all, its just a rule of thumb not to charge.

Years
  • The bottom line is, do not charge for your game. You have a very good change of getting sued, and you're better off coming up with your own ideas rather that borrowing from Nintendo.

You cannot make a profit at all, even if it is to pay for servers. The only reason Nintendo isn't going after hackers and game makers is because there are to many people doing it, and they aren't making a profit at all.

If you aren't charging, that fine, they won't go after you. Nintendo did indeed say that people are allowed to use the Graphics. So you shouldn't have any troubles at all, its just a rule of thumb not to charge.
    Actually Heatran,people could always donate.But only if they don't receive anything in return.

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2008
    Bottom line is this, I am not charging for the pokemon based game nor anything related to it, the charges will only optionally come for the final version of my own game, period. I just wanted to know the article that stated go ahead and use our copyrighted stuff its ok. Thanks again for your replies though.

EDIT: Well I have done alot of work so far, instead of arguing issues of getting sued Ill post some update info and links.

I have worked on the battle engine some and added a fun AND useful feature as well. Come check out the early alpha phased battle engine.

malucifer.890m.com/battleshow.php

As of right now its not configured for resolutions under 1024x768 so that means if your using 800x600 Im sorry for right now, working on that layout shortly. But anyone over 800x600 resolution should enjoy this.

Yes there are what you would call "bugs" but they aren't really bugs, Ill explain. The battle engine allows you to switch out pokemon simply by dragging the image (from the right hand side) onto the battle screen(awsome!) as of right now all it does is show the power and layout of the script, the names on the screen will NOT change I know this, it is not a bug I just didnt code it yet. Its going to constantly say Gyarados, dont worry it will all be dynamic once finished. But check out the auto pokemon change feature and let me know if you like it. Responses are very much appreciated.

(You also dont have to log in or anything to view this demo. Its purely straight forward just grab a pokemon and drag it onto the game screen)

Also Im working on spriting my own battle backgrounds right now as well, if anyone wants to contribute any Pm me.
    I will be completing the battle engine here Ill update you with further progress.

Currently seeking:
    ->About 5 spriters to create custom pets [ ]
    Doesn't everyone need spriters now adays?
    ->Someone to create an external Map Maker(C++,VB, etc.. doesnt matter) [ ]
    If your interested Ill inform you on how the output has to be formatted.
    ->Somebody with extensive Php/Mysql/javascript/Ajax knowledge [ ]
    To be Co-Coder.

Sincerely, James.

Last edited:
    Back