• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does the GBA-GCN cable work on Wii?

spike6958

TCG Collector
Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Well i decided to get Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness today (i got the two for £10 so it wasn't too bad), the only problem i have is i can't find my GBA-GCN link cable to send over the Pokemon i get to FireRed (I think i must have sold it) but i know where i can get one cheep but i want to know if it will work on Wii or only on GCN. Also sorry if this is in the wrong section but i figured seeing as how my only reason for asking was to transfer Pokemon it would be ok here.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Yes, it works for the Wii. I use that cable all the time to trade Pokemon between my Fire Red and Emerald since I don't have a second GBA or a GBA cable.

XaRhS

I TRIED WITH A FRIEND TO LINK WII WITH GBA CABLE AND IT DIDN'T SUCCEEDED.SO.......THE SOLUTION IS GCN.....

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    I TRIED WITH A FRIEND TO LINK WII WITH GBA CABLE AND IT DIDN'T SUCCEEDED.SO.......THE SOLUTION IS GCN.....

If you hadnt noticed two other people have managed, so either they're miracle workers or you've gone wrong.

But yeah it works. My friend's constantly going between gba and xd lol

Back