• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Help Wanted] - Pokemon World

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2012
    Hello people,
    I would like to announce a project I am desiring to tackle. The game will be about 3D Pokemon Adventure.

Summary:

My idea is that there will be Pokemon regions like Johto, Kanto, ect. You will choose a region you want to start with, you gender and a town you live in. Depending on the region, town you will get different starting Pokemon which may not be always the same for all players.
    You will be adventuring the Pokemon region you are in and take challenges in forms of badges and then a Pokemon League. You will also be able to go to another region and meet more Pokemon.
    Like in all Pokemon games you will be able have 6 Pokemon and battle with players or NPC's. Your Pokemon will be able to learn more then 4 moves not like in other Pokemon official games.

Team Needed:

Coders: - Must know how to use Irrlicht Engine and the appropriate
    language

Artists: - 3D Artists who can model the Pokemon and animate them
    - 2D Artists who can texture the Pokemon and make 2D icons

Scriptwriters: - They must know a lot about Pokemon games and
    Pokemon in order to make quests and a storyline

Researchers: - They must also know something about Pokemon but their
    role is to research and check if the game content is right

If anyone wants to ask me a question I will be happy to answer it. You can reach me on my mail: [email protected] (msn) or just reply here.
    Thanks everyone who read to this point and looking forward to hearing from you.

Jednou

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2012
    Sorry but I am a Game Designer. I have done games before and I know how to tackle it.

Add:
    I will break down the features during the development. We can't make all of them at once. I plan to make a simple working 3D world (Singleplayer) with some Pokemon and NPC's first. Then we go on to features and Multiplayer.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2012
    Ok, I'll have a look at RMXP. There is RPG Maker XP which uses ruby language which I am familliar with. But with these basic engines we will not be able to create the game I want.
    That's where Irrlicht Engine comes in.
    I will fully announce the game when we actually get something in form of screenshots and so on.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2012
    Ok, tp make this clear. The Game genre is an MMORPG. As an example I will give you World of Warcraft

darkerarceus

Advanced RM2K3-er
    Years
  • I might help and be a script thing wingy
    I have 3 different region games
    Firered,Emerald,Diamond (and if you count these) Mystery Dungeon and Ranger

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2016
    I could be another researcher!

I know a lot about pokemon moves, the anime, and stats!

pokeboyy13

Banned
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2008
    hi pokemon world has already been created its a free online game

I have a link somewhere i will find it for u i play it wth boys at school all the time

I found it but I need 15 posts this sucks...

Last edited:

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
    Years
  • Uh, this looks a little unstable at the moment. The main problem being is to many features included like 3D. 3D alone, no-one in my knowledge has been able to make a 3D pokemon game that LOOKS NICE AND WORKS. The name is also not very original. I suggest trying a 2D game which is hard enough, and looks equally as nice. The idea of 3D is almost impossible for a Pokemon game. The ammount of information needed for the battle system is well past 10,000 lines of code in GameMaker, and I'd say that'd be at LEAST 2 weeks working very hard.

Just pointing out whats already been pointed out before ;)

Back