• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Favourite Starter PKMN?

Which of the 12 starter Pokemon is your favourite?

• Total voters

Moonlit Umbreon

Elusive Within The Shadows
Years
  • We all know that there are three starter Pokemon in every region in which each one contains a type - either leaf, fire, or water. But have you ever thought about which one you'd choose if only one choice could be made? :0

-> Which of the 12 starter Pokemon is your all-time favourite and why? - Click one and let's see the results! =)

This was real hard to decide, I gave it a lot of thought and I choose Cyndaquil, that was the Pokemon I really warmed up to in Gold v. The Johto Pokemon were really eye-catching and I loved giving Typhlosion haircuts in the under-pass. ^^

Last edited:

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    Click one? Is there a poll? o0

Anyway~ I used to really like Mudkip before the fad started up, which only made me like it even more, but now it's Piplup, which I originally hated until I was given one to write with/on/about. :>

Years
  • Turtwig i wish i could have a real life tturtwig i have a turtle in real life but having a turtwig would be so cool i would also like squrtile but i could only keep one

Decypher

Craig Marshall
    Years
  • You might want to change Croconaw to Totodile. Once its changed I'll vote for that. I like Totodiles because they're energetic and look cool. xD

ss2 goku

saiyan power
    Years
  • I was stuck between charmander and chimchar but in the end I chose charmander because its
    the first pokemon I ever liked and its a bit cuter than chimchar.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    My fav. starter pokemon is Chikorita because its a strong grass type and I like jhoto pokemon! :)

Last edited:

Sajiri

Wandering Trainer
    Years
  • I voted chikorita as my favourite. I always liked taking grass starters because there arent enough decent grass types, plus I think grass types are underrated, such as in my experience when people want to beat a water type they would normally use electric over grass, so people counter by using water/rock/ground/electric/etc.

But if I had to choose one to use, I would pick chimchar, because out of final evolutions I like infernape best, and I like the dual fire/fighting.

Moonlit Umbreon

Elusive Within The Shadows
    Years
  • You might want to change Croconaw to Totodile. Once its changed I'll vote for that. I like Totodiles because they're energetic and look cool. xD

OH KRABBY. O.O Thanks for pointing that out Decypher, I guess I wasn't thinking when I typed that in. I would change it but there's no poll edit option so I can't. =C I've edited the first post though, stating that Croconaw is actually meant to be Totodile, so it's ok to vote for it now, everyone'll know that it's actually Totodile. =) Thanks again. ^^;

Years
  • Hmm... After much debate I chose... Turtwig. BUT, in my eyes, Turtwig ties with Cyndaquil. The only reason I chose him over Cyndaquil is because of his eventual duel-type. As an added bonus that no body want, here are the rest in order of greatest to not wanted. Turtwig - Cyndaquil - Totodile - Piplup - Charmander - Squirtle - Chikorita - Bulbasaur - Mudkip - Torchik - Treeko - Chimchar Why that order? Does it really matter?

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    WTf? it's totodile not crocnaw xD ^^;
    Well that's my fav… although as for their final evos it'd be Swampert then Torterra.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Charmander....since the start of Pokemon, I've always liked this cute little guy.
    I just like it's looks and everything about. And besides, it was the first pokemon I ever liked 8D

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    Its definitely between the three Kanto starters, Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Charmander. They are all so cute!

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • I chose turtwig because it is soo cute!:D But Swampert is my fav evolved starter:D

MetalMEB

O_______O
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 18, 2012
    Squirtle is my #1 fav, but I like all the Kanto and Johto starters, and I also like Turtwig.

Don't care a whole lot for the 3rd gen, starters...not that I don't like them or anything.. Its just... I dunno what it is =P

Um...if I had to choose one of the Hoenn starters, I'd say Torchic. Before I started going online and going on forums, though, I would've said Mudkip but the "so i herd u liek mudkipz" thing just made me not like it as much >_>

D-puff

Wooper Expert
    Years
  • Cydiquil if anything. which is very strange for me, because i usually never like fire pokemon (excluding Ninetails also). As for other regions; probably Squirtle for Kanto, Treeko for Hoenn, and Piplup for Sihno (though i havnt played d/p).

Although in general i dont like using starters; they seem to have a cheep advantage of them over other pokemon. That, and if you only train your starters, you absolutely screwed when you get to your rival. I usually pick my favorite pokemon from that game thats found somewhat early on in the game, so i can actually train it and whatnot.

Back