• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PBR and it's flaws...

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
  • SO I can prepare for the upcoming Tournament this summer, I HAVE to know:

WHAT exactly does PBR consider "hacked"?

The reason I ask is because I KNOW that the system is flawed... and I DON'T want to be accused of hacking when I'm NOT.

Crystal Shaymin

~Blown Away on the Winds~
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2009
    anything with illegal moves/31 iv's in everything/over max stats

not a very good system, as i have gotten MANY hacks that passed through. O_o

Kayke™

Banned
    Years
  • Basically, the hack filter is total crap. I swear, during the 1st week of the game's release when Legendaries were banned online, the filter was BRUTUAL. I get hacked shinies through all the time. As long as you don't break the IV limit or give the Pokemon any illegal moves in most cases, you'll make it through. If not, they'll show up as a bad egg. PokeSav'd Pokemon *DO* work in online battles.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • when I tried to bring my Pressuring Latias it turned out to be a bad egg and my Wonder guarding Spiritomb it did that as well. I was hoping to bring it over to PBR >=[

:t354:TG

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • hacked? if you used and action replay or gameshark to make your pokemon learn certain moves, that is hacked, or if you have an event pokemon ex.Arceus and Shaymin that the event never happened yet, that is considered hacked

Also, if you use pokemon modifier to get certain pokemon, that is hacked. And I also think if you cheated to give your pokemon Pokerus.

dr00

「ちこく」君
    Years
  • iirc, it checks for EVs, moves, and abilities, and sometimes these can be bypassed if you are not the original owner.

i'm not sure what can be bypassed though, and i don't think it checks anything other than those.

Back