• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Goin' fishing?

Years
  • Right, the three rods are Old Rod, Good Rod and Super Rod. Obviously. But what are the lowest levels of Pokémon you can catch with each in Generation 3?

I believe it to be:

• Old Rod - Level 5
    • Good Rod - Level 10
    • Super Rod - Level 20

Are these values correct? Or is it Pokémon-specific levels? I dont need to know maximum levels, just the minimum ones. Thanks.

And while your at it, I know its a very silly question, but my friend says you can catch level 1 Pokémon in the wild. Now I believe it to be level 2 minumum in not only 3rd Gen, but all generations. Clear this up for me thanks.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I think those values are correct. I'm not sure myself.
    And the lowest level for a pokemon in the wild is lv.2 I think...

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen today
    Right, the three rods are Old Rod, Good Rod and Super Rod. Obviously. But what are the lowest levels of Pokémon you can catch with each in Generation 3?

I believe it to be:

• Old Rod - Level 5
    • Good Rod - Level 10
    • Super Rod - Level 20

Are these values correct? Or is it Pokémon-specific levels? I dont need to know maximum levels, just the minimum ones. Thanks.

And while your at it, I know its a very silly question, but my friend says you can catch level 1 Pokémon in the wild. Now I believe it to be level 2 minumum in not only 3rd Gen, but all generations. Clear this up for me thanks.

Yeah, it's only 2. The only way you can get a level 1 is by hacking or breeding in Diamond / Pearl.

Back