• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you play the games with the Sound on?

Do you play with the sound on?

• YESSS!!!

Votes: 27 55.1%
  • NO!!!

Votes: 22 44.9%

• Total voters

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
Years
  • I find that most of the time i DO NOT play with the sound on, only because...

• I'm watching TV/listening to music
    • I'm easily annoyed with the music

:P
    What about you?

Anty

Just thought of going French..
    Years
  • Sometimes I listen with sound on. Sometimes I don't. Like when Im listening to music or the sound gets really boring and annoying.

Years
  • I have no sound. Most the time it's inapropriate for my location and the only thing the sounds give are the background music, good, but not worth it all the time lol. Can get very repetitive also.

Dark Banette

♫♫♫♪♪
    Years
  • Yes, I like to listen to the sound when playing the games. But in some towns it can get really annoying or really creepy. (Lavender Town) That's when I turn it off.

Hazuki

delenda est.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2011
    I usually don't listen to it because I don't want to disturb the class (yes I play it during school xD). But the other times, yes I do turn it on for various reasons. One of these is to listen to the critical hits and super effective stuff.

GamerFreak

PokéCommunity Helper
    Years
  • I absolutely love the Pokemon music. 80% of the time I listen to the music, and usually the only time I don;t is so I don't annoy someone else. To be honest, a long time ago, I was afraid of the Lavender town music.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I love the DP music. It's the greatest. <3

My only exception to not having the volume on are:

-Listening to my iPod
    -Someone's sleeping
    -On the phone with...-pokes user title-
    -Step dad tells me to turn it down xD
    -In class/school

Yeah. That's about it. o.o

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2009
    i hate playing pokemon games with the sound on. after the first day i got the game i learned to turn the sound off. that stupid catchy tune just played through my head over and over again. if there was less music and it was just sounds when u went into a building or something that would be fine but that stupid song is just so catchy.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 26, 2009
    I always play with the music off. The pokemon soundtracks have never really impressed me much, with the exception of gym leader/elite four music. That I listen to since they actually try to make it sound cool.

Oh, also the legendary music from DP is pretty good, especially Dialgia and Palkia's...too bad you only get to hear it once.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    I find that I need the music. It certainly adds to the feel of the game and keeps your focus, especially if you're doing numerous things at once.

Years
  • Jhoto had the best music i used to always listen to it i play with sound off now because the sounds are annoying and they get stuck in my kead for about a weekthe snowy towns one was in my head for ever

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
    Years
  • I find the music incredibly entertaining, but if I'm in a quiet place, I'll mute it so as not to disturb anyone. I'd probably listen to game music if I have a choice. They give a certain feel to it, especially the cave music. Incredibly creepy, it sets the mood. Of course, if I find the sound irritating sometimes, it'll be off. (:

Darkhaven3

Jackass
    Years
  • No. Most of the time I absorb myself in music as I play, and I try to connect the music and the game. It's definitely an interesting endeavor.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • Where's the "sometimes" option? XD

Seriously, yeah, I only listen to the music sometimes, like when I know there's a song that I like. (Mmm. RS vs. Steven...) Otherwise, I just turn the sound all the way down and play in silence. I often feel that it's more comfortable if it's quiet while I'm playing. *shrug*

Vie

Years
  • I do, because Im able to concentrate on the music and do something else like reading or watching TV,without taking a look at my ds every minute.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Sometimes I just find it really annoying and I turn the sound off. But most of the time I like it with the sound. It adds a nice feeling to the game.

Back