• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Is my pokemon emerald a fake???

Leitz09

*studying to draw manga...*
Years
    • Seen May 29, 2019
    pls help me guys... i dont know if my game is an authentic one... the cartridge is green and the sticker looks like an ordinary sticker (stickers just like those of other games...)... thats all the facts i got, ty in advance....

Katnip

Harajuku Lover
    Years
  • Could you upload a picture?
    This isn't the first time I've seen something like this; I knew a boy who had a regular-colored cartridge (Gray) and an Emerald version sticker that was different from the ones on the official games. I don't think his was entirely legit.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    Just like Katnip said, upload a picture and we can help ya. Also if you played the game already was there anything different...?

Jabunks

Currently Inactive
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2010
    I belive its a rom uploaded to a blank cartridge, try playing it through and find ANYTHING you think could be changed.

Leitz09

*studying to draw manga...*
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2019
    well the cartridge is green see through something.... its not opaque coz you can see the inside CLEARLY... and also, i bought it at ebay and said that the supplier is somewhere in Hongkong....

Man of Faith

My, my, Doctor Saunders.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    I think they do, but I haven't seen Emerald in a while... :/

But the cartridge itself looks odd. That's more of a teal-ish color from what I see... :/

It could be my computer, though... The real one should be just dark green...

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    There is the official Nintendo thing on the cartridge, but it's different to my one. Then again, my friends PMD: RRT cartridge Is different to mine, but the package is wrong... way wrong. And they could've of faked the official Nintendo sign.

I'm really not sure.

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    The cartridge sticker should be holofoil, and the box doesn't look right. Hong Kong? Probably fake, only one way to find out, Pokemon Diamond or Pearl. That's how I found out mine was real.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    Ok, The picture of the GBA game is a little odd, but just the sticker otherwise everything else is fine. Also the box is nothing different and not fake. I still have my gba emerald box. Maybe they make there games a little different in Hong Kong, and maybe they ran out of those stickers and added on green ones instead. who knows, but this looks real, but if you fine something interesting and different in the game then it might be fake or hack or w/e. :]

MightyMightyena

<== Shiny Mightyena Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2014
    I think its a legit one, the box and cart look exactly like the ones I have...which im pretty sure are legit cus I bought them from Best Buy

Ryuzaki_Lawliet

Arctic Fox Lover =3
    Years
  • Hong Kong could make them differently.. the box is off.. Sometimes if you go to a game exchange they'll let you see the real thing; then tell you if it's fake or not because it's one of the things they're trained for.

Jabunks

Currently Inactive
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2010
    That looks legit, I'd compare it to Googled images of the case
    Infact, I'll judge it myself...(Googles)

Naw, but its probobly a different version, Im sure its legit, I mean, if it wasn't who would notice? Nothing should be affected, so I'd just forget about it...

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    look's legit to me, if it wasn't chances are the cartrige would be black not green.

Ampremas_tortoise

Because turtles are overrated.
    Years
  • I'd say fake they usually don't sparkle like that. (I think)

Naw, the box is all sparkly like that, I still have it on my dresser somewhere (^-X;)

You'll probly have to play it through and look for weird changes or something. It looks legit to me, just from the box. That's what mine looked like when I bought it at BestBuy. Legitimately.

Back