• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: Server Lag? Or Vista...

Taemin

move.
Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    For the last few months, I haven't been around here hardly as much.

Sure, part of that is just that I've been busy, but that's not the entire reason. A lot of the time, I like to check in, and make a few posts. Lurking is fine to me, don't mind just reading what's up, but lately.. when I've tried to post server error always get me. Pretty much every time. So after a few tries, I normally give up, and go off to Janime or something.

This isn't every single time I post, sometimes it works, but alot of times it doesn't, and it really annoys me. I wanna be able to talk on PC. ;~;

Is this problem happening with multiple users?

I thought maybe, if it was just me, then it could've been caused from our recent switching to Windows Vista.. That program caused a lot of things on our computer to mess up. Then again, it's only PokeCommunity that does it.

If there's nothing that can be done, then I'll just have to live with it, I guess. nn;

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    So it's doing this with most people?

It seems like PC is dying, server-wise.. at least on my end. o_o
    ..but at least I know it's not Vista. xD

Thanks for your help, that was pretty fast~.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • too many people on at once all fighting for fixed resources.. something has to give..
    BOOM
    server says NOWAI and dies.

We are looking into new servers but man are they ever expensive..

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I noticed that.. o-o

Saw the online list.. due to not being around too much lately, I wanna know..
    just how long has PC has 500+ people on here at one time? xD;

THM10

Should I try again?
    Years
  • yeah, i've been getting these errors just recently, there's been out of memory, server is down, and sometimes the page is just plain white, but i live with it, i only get them around 4-7 in the morning Australian time, which is about the time most people are online, so, the less people that come on the less errors i guess, but that can't be changed unless the global mods and/or admin stops guests from visiting but im sure they won't do that. so i guess we'll have to wait until a new server...

ScyKinG

Can't Be Touched
    Years
  • Yea same here, but I also get some 500 something something error =/, but I think your right, I think its just because how active it is.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • I just see it as community growth. :D
    The errors that appear now are nothing compared to the errors before (and a little after) the database was switched over a little while back.
    I'm sure if it get's too bad the server(s) will be updated. Because you love us all so much, right Rukario? :P

Mr. Curling Iron

u kujw bux :d
    Years
  • D: These errors are really really annoying. I'm sure that its the error's fault our OC and OVP is dead D:

People get errors as they're posting, and then they cbf posting it again D:

Back