• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magmortified

Wherever I fly
Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2009
    If you've played Mafia before, feel free to skip this and sign up by post in this thread (though it's advised you read anyways, just in case). If not, read the rules - or else - before signing up.

Rules:
    -There are three types of people in Mafia: members of the Mafia, civilians, and the inspector. These people will all be chosen secretly (informed through PM). The Mafia members will be told about other members of the Mafia, but otherwise you'll be in the dark (assuming you're not the inspector, but that's later). Note that the Mafia will number far less than the number of civilians (the exact number of Mafia members depending on how many people decide to sign up), and the Inspector will number one person total.

-At the beginning of the game and at the start of each turn, the Mafia will decide through PM on one person to "silence" or pretty much kill. Once they've made the decision, the Mafia will PM me on who it'll be.

-Once I announce that the Mafia's made a decision, the Inspector can PM me to know if one person is a civilian, or a member of the Mafia. This is essentially what makes the Inspector special.

-Once that's done, the next part will begin, and the people will discover who the Mafia decided to kill. The identity of the person will be revealed, and they will be effectively removed from the game (hence, if you were the target, you cannot participate in discussions, or generally have a say in things. Please don't try to circumvent this through PM).

-At this point, the game becomes more public, and the remaining people discuss and can execute somebody they believe to be a Mafia member. A person may make an accusation on somebody. If another person supports the accusation, the accused will be allowed to state a defense, and other people will be allowed to put their own comments in. At that point, a vote will be conducted by sending a PM to me. If the majority are in favor, the person will be executed, and their identity revealed. If the majority vote against it, the accused person cannot be accused again this turn, and another accusation must be made.

-You are allowed to claim yourself as the Inspector. You are allowed to lie and claim yourself as the Inspector, even if you aren't.

-The turn ends when somebody has been executed, or until enough failed accusations have been made for me to decide we need a move-on. Repeat the above.

-Game ends when either the number of Mafia outnumber civilians (since then the Mafia controls who gets executed), or the Mafia is eliminated. I'll announce when either of these two conditions are met.

-Have fun.

Signups:
    -Darkly the flygon

Last edited:

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    I'll sign up...

really, I have nothing else to say...

Status
    Not open for further replies.