• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A few quick questions...

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2009
    I am rather new to RMXP, and as easy as the Pokemon essentials kit is I do have a few questions regarding some of the features... I would have posted in the thread itself but I don't know what your policy is on Double-Posting.

Ok, for my questions:

When I create a Poke-Mart, and I have the person selling items, how do I change what items are being sold, as well as the price?

And for question number two: How do I change what Pokemon are given to you after the intro? Or for that matter, any item received in game?

Thanks a lot for any help, and I apologize if this thread is in the wrong section.

Demonic Budha

semi-good RMXPer (not script)
    Years
  • This is indeed in the incorrect section, and for future posts, you could have EDITed your last post (as to solve the x2 post) But anyway.
    Both of these questions are awnsered in the Notes.html. If you have further querries, checking there will stop alot of people just growling you with that :P
    For the PokeMart, if you check the event in the DEMO map for a Mart, you will find that each item is added into a comment. EXAMPLE

Code:
    pbPokemonMart([
    PBItems::POKeBALL,
    PBItems::POTION,
    PBItems::ANTIDOTE,
    PBItems::TM20,
    PBItems::TM21,
    PBItems::TM22,
    PBItems::ICEHEAL,
    PBItems::REPEL,
    PBItems::ESCAPEROPE])

All items are listed in the items.txt contained within PBS folder (which is in the main project folder)
    To change the item, just change whats in the list. For the pricing however, you have to edit the items.txt (as thats where the price of the items is)

To change which pokemon are given simply create an event (such as the LAB selection) And use this.

Code:
    To add a Pokemon, call pbAddPokemon(X,Y) 
    where X is the species number of the
    Pokemon, and Y is its level.

Example: pbAddPokemon(1,5) - this would add a level 5 bulbasaur to the party.

Hope this helps. And in future, the BEST place to check first is the notes.html
    (not 100% of questions can be awnsered there, but if you check, it means poeple wont flame you for it :P) Good Luck!

Back