• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello, hew person here ^_^

Years
  • Hello PC,

Names Stuart but my friends call me Stu ^_^ (so call me Stu if you want :P XD ).

I have been into Pokemon since my brother decided to change the satelite channel over to watch it with me getting grumpy since I didn't want to watch it.....I ended up liking it though XD.

In terms of the games, I first got Red, my bro got Blue, we used to play those games for hours a day. I ended up getting yellow as well. I have played all the pokemon games up to Diamond (not including some spinoffs like hey you pikachu for instanced although I do have some of those like colliesum (sp?) and XD and Pokemon: Ranger), I also loved the Pokemon Trading Card game for the GBC and had LOADS of fun with that.

I stopped being into Pokemon so much after getting Diamond (I didn't play it much at all, I think I got like 10 mins and stopped after that XD) however after talking about Pokemon with my girlfriend (empress_donna who has just signed up here as well XD)....I decided to get back into it again and am currently at Valley Windworks so you can see I have only JUST got back into it XD.

I have also looked at the pokemon emulation hacks section and have messed about with advance map and looked at one or two of the tuts on scripting. Might try some of that out just for fun when I am bored.

Finally: I do have my gripes about some stuff relating to pokemon (such as Nintendo putting in the code for legendarys but not letting you unlock them unless you go to an event) and some gripes about the anime (Mainly stuff like Ash never catching many wild pokemon and the characters never look like they get older) however I will try and not rant about stuff like that so much ^_^ just so I don't annoy anyone.

Thanks for reading and learning about this newby and his pokemon tastes....or something like that XD

Years
  • *waves to stu*

Welcome to PC! I hope you have as much fun here as I am, and give lots of opinions to the forum.

and yes.. I am stu's irl girlfriend ^__^ so we do talk a lot and while after a bit of a chat about Pokemon and playing with Pearl, we got back into pokemon.

Last edited:

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Welcome to PC, Stu!

Goodness, that was quite the intro! I enjoyed reading it ^_^

So you're going to give pokemon another go, eh? It's always nice to see people rediscover their love for the games. If you're still in the midst of playing through Diamond, check out our Diamond/Pearl/Platinum forums, which should prove very useful for your quest ^_^

Anyway, The PokeCommunity is a pretty cool place with a lot to do. Feel free to talk about anything you like here, whether it be cards or hacking or ranting or anything in between. As long as it's about pokemon, I'm sure people will take a look. We also have many other topics not relating to pokemon, such as the Other Chat and Other Voting Polls forums, where you can take a break from pokemon and just relax and meet some new people ^_^

Make sure you read the rules/FAQ, and PM/VM me if you ever have a questions or just want to say hi! Don't worry, once you get posting a little bit, The PokeCommunity becomes a very familiar place. I'll see you around, and have fun!

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Wow, that was a very impressive introduction indeed!
    Kudos to you for giving us so much about yourself!

Welcome to the Pokécommunity, Stu.
    You know, I do believe that's how most of us here got back into Pokémon. Someone around us was either watching the anime or playing the games and sooner or later we find ourselves participating in the same activities. It's like some kind of strange virus that seeds itself from everything in the Pokémon franchise.
    (But it's a good virus! xD)

Ah, a games enthusiast. We can never have too many of those around here. I do believe my own first version was Blue and my friend received Blue. Gosh, those were such good times back then, eh? Just little kids playing Pokémon.
    *Sigh*

If you ever want a blast of nostalgia, I would suggest checking out the Metal and Color Generation Games forum.

Any who, I'm sure you're going to have a wonderful time here. There are all kinds of sections in which you can make your opinion heard and all kinds of people to chat with! Don't worry about ranting, as long as it's in a controlled discussion and things don't get out of hand; it could be a valid discussion. I do hope to see you around the boards, my friend. If you ever have any simple questions you wish to ask or just want someone to chat with, I'm here at the community for the majority of the day.

Take care.

Edit: No, we like long introductions!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Ah yes, sorry if that was quite an intro, once I get into typing, my hands start typing on their own and say whatever comes into my head.

And yes I am quite a games enthusiast, I love games <3

thanks for the welcome guys ^_^

Back