• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Off-topic Discussion Suggestion

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
Years
  • In my time here at PC as I would browse through the Off-topic Discussion section, more specifically Other Chat, I noticed that there were a few debate threads. And, surprisingly enough, they all got locked. I'm pretty sure that every debate thread had been locked because some users would begin to use vulgar language or the Moderators locked it to prevent vulgarities from arising. I can certainly see it from the Moderators concern, but I can't help but feel it a shame to see ideas wasted because some users are not mature enough to respect opinions that oppose their own.

I would like to propose that PC add a new sub-section to the Off-topic Discussion: Debate. I feel that if you made a specific section for debates, it would be much easier to moderate debate threads. We would have all the debate threads gathered in one section, instead of having them all floating about Other Chat. I also believe it would reduce spamming in the Other Chat. With a Debate section the users would be able to have the debates they so wish without having them closed for becoming too "real" and the Moderators would have less of a stress load of having to run back and forth between Other Chat.

Though I'd also like to point out that there may need to be a sense of lenience within the Debate section. As we all know, most of the topics of debate today are rather "PG-13". To say the very least. So threads in the debate section should never be closed do to content, for that would completely destroy the purpose of having a debate thread. We should merely warn and ban the users who seem incapable of making their arguement without the use of profanity or without flaming fellow users. It should also be clear to users that by entering the Debate section, that they are aware of the topics that exist there and PC is in no way responsible for the opinions of its users and in no way reflects the ideas of PC.

So yeah, I just wanted to make a suggestion. Hope you all enjoyed my proposal.

EDIT: Oops, I just noticed that this has already been proposed! xD
    Well feel free to close this then.

Back