• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

gba flash cartridge question

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2020
    i have just purchases a gba cartridge over the internet and it name is Elink GBA Flash Card Set and it works for GBA/GBASP/ GBM/NDS/NDSL/ iDS/iDSL (512M) what i would like to know is if it would be able to play pokemon brown or anything hacked roms or anything like that.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    It should play GBA hacks, but if your cartridge doesn't support GB ROMs, then if you want to play any GB games or hacks, you'll have to turn them to ".gba" files with PocketGBtoGBA so you can insert it in your cartridge.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2020
    ok thanks what mode do i put it to? like text mode and half sync text mode hacked text mode or something like also you know how you have to patch the normal pokemon red to the pokemon brown patch with ips lunar or something do i just put the patched pokemon red into the cartridge and it would work? because i looked at the pokemon patched one and the pokemon normal one and it says there files are the same size so do i have to some how patch it on the flash cartridge also when i turn it to a gba file and start playing the pokemon brown hacked rom on the computer to see it it worked but all the colour are yellow like this its only a small pic but you can see its yellow its my display pic so goto my profile who ever wants to answer

Acronell

www.poilkjmn.info
    Years
  • In order to play any Gameboy or Gameboy Color games you can just use the eLink software to put them onto the cart. I have an eLink cart (1gb) and have owned a couple of them (i give them away to family and friends as gifts). As long as you have the software to the eLink you can put them on to it, as well as NES roms, and Text Files.

If you want to put the Hacks onto your eLink, make copies of the original roms, then patch one of the copies. When you open the eLink software (assuming that you've gotten the updates), click on the tab that says "EBOOK&SIMULATOR". When you click that tab you'll see the followinf options below:

~ Ebook (with buttons underneathe that say "open text folder" and "add to burn list"

~ PocketNes (with buttons underneathe that say "Open NESROM folder" and "add to burn list"

~ GBC/GB EMU (with buttons underneathe that say "Open GB/GBC folder" and "add to burn list"

You'll want to click on the button that says "Open GB/GBC folder". That'll open a window that you can drag and drop your hacked gameboy or gameboy color game into.

Then you close the window, and click on the "add to burn list" button next to the "open GB/GBC folder" button. A screen will pop up with the "official" name of the rom, you can change that to whatever you'd like.

After that it's ready to go onto your eLink rom cart, and you can play it!

FYI the eLink Cart has no video or mp3 abilities, it was in the original idea for it, but was never fully developed for it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2020
    In order to play any Gameboy or Gameboy Color games you can just use the eLink software to put them onto the cart. I have an eLink cart (1gb) and have owned a couple of them (i give them away to family and friends as gifts). As long as you have the software to the eLink you can put them on to it, as well as NES roms, and Text Files.

If you want to put the Hacks onto your eLink, make copies of the original roms, then patch one of the copies. When you open the eLink software (assuming that you've gotten the updates), click on the tab that says "EBOOK&SIMULATOR". When you click that tab you'll see the followinf options below:

~ Ebook (with buttons underneathe that say "open text folder" and "add to burn list"

~ PocketNes (with buttons underneathe that say "Open NESROM folder" and "add to burn list"

~ GBC/GB EMU (with buttons underneathe that say "Open GB/GBC folder" and "add to burn list"

You'll want to click on the button that says "Open GB/GBC folder". That'll open a window that you can drag and drop your hacked gameboy or gameboy color game into.

Then you close the window, and click on the "add to burn list" button next to the "open GB/GBC folder" button. A screen will pop up with the "official" name of the rom, you can change that to whatever you'd like.

After that it's ready to go onto your eLink rom cart, and you can play it!

FYI the eLink Cart has no video or mp3 abilities, it was in the original idea for it, but was never fully developed for it.

ok thanks when you mean no video or mp3 abilities does that mean no music and what do you mean for the video? and also if you ca play gameboy games on it how come it doesen't say that. 1 last thing so do i just open that folder up and drag the patched pokemon fire red into it? and click the burn thing

Acronell

www.poilkjmn.info
    Years
  • ok thanks when you mean no video or mp3 abilities does that mean no music and what do you mean for the video? and also if you ca play gameboy games on it how come it doesen't say that o.o

What I mean is that alot of advertisements for the eLink say that the cart can play videos, as well as play mp3 files, but in reality there is no ability to do that.

It doesn't say that because technically it's not NES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, or Text Files directly on the cart. The eLink software uses other programs that come bundled with it to put the files onto the card in the form of a Gameboy Advance ROM.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2020
    What I mean is that alot of advertisements for the eLink say that the cart can play videos, as well as play mp3 files, but in reality there is no ability to do that.

It doesn't say that because technically it's not NES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, or Text Files directly on the cart. The eLink software uses other programs that come bundled with it to put the files onto the card in the form of a Gameboy Advance ROM.

oh ok thanks the cart should be comming in a week or 2 shipping from america i live in australia

Acronell

www.poilkjmn.info
    Years
  • oh ok thanks the cart should be comming in a week or 2 shipping from america i live in australia

eLink comes from China, not America. There's the American Version of the site, but that's about it, and it's not that great of a site either.

But if you have any questions about the eLink, send me a PM and I'll help you out. :D

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2020
    eLink comes from China, not America. There's the American Version of the site, but that's about it, and it's not that great of a site either.

But if you have any questions about the eLink, send me a PM and I'll help you out. :D

i will pm if i have any further questions :)

EDIT: check you pms

Back