• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Play on Wii

spike6958

TCG Collector
Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    What do you guy think of the "Play on Wii" idea?

For the people who don't know what "Play on Wii" is, Nintendo are going to be remaking some of there GCN (GameCube) titles for Wii.
    Titles confirmed for this are:
    Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat
    Chibi-Robo!
    Pikmin
    Pikmin 2
    Mario Power Tennis
    Metroid Prime
    Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
    And other titles such as Luigi's Mansion and Mario Sunshine are rumored to also be coming.
    Right now this is only for Japan, but it shouldn't be long before they hit western shores.

So what do y'all think of this idea, i myself am all for the Metroid Prime games to be released with Metroid Prime 3 controls, and it's a great idea seeing as how the Cube didn't do too well to release these to people who otherwise wouldn't get to play.

I'm really hoping that Luigi's Mansion is confirmed for this as well that game could rock with Wii Controls.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • LOL YAY GREAT GAMES WITH WAGGLE.

Seriously, though, I guess I don't mind it. :( Maybe I'll get a chance to play Chibi Robo new without paying $50 for it but... I also hate the Wii controls especially when I have the choice of GCN controls over it. I'll pick up maybe the Pikmin games and CR but that's probably it. I'd much rather they concentrate on good NEW Wii games or WiiWare instead of adding Wii controls to games they've already put out. :/ At least they seem to be going above and beyond in this regard, though--Mario Tennis has new features, I think, and they put in better controls than just waggle from what I heard.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • The only game I think of (that I own) where there was needless waggle was Super Mario Galaxy. No reason they couldn't have mapped the spin to a button. I love the Wii controls over the traditional route, but... that doesn't change the game that much. :\ I'm not planning on purchasing games I already own for a second time, but I'm glad I can pick up some titles that I missed the first time around - only now they're better.

Like Lightning said though, I too am a little disappointed. Nintendo's new policy is not to reveal any new games until they're ready to be released (like...just a few months prior). So, even if they're making fantastic stuff, we don't know what it is. All we know about are the GCN ports. Which isn't a lot to look forward. Which is why I'm considering getting a 360. There are more Wii games that interest me and I know I'll enjoy the Wii over the 360 - but part of the fun of having a game console is having great titles to look forward to, which can't happen on the Wii because they suddenly got a secretive.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    I get what you two mean, but i couldn't play the Metroid Prime games with the GameCube controller (it was horrible for playing FPS games with) but Metroid Prime 3 was great fun to play with the Wii controls, so im planning on getting them two, as for the other announced ones, i never played any of them on Gamecube apart from Pikmin1 (which i never finished).

Back