• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Kyan War

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017

The Kyan War

Long ago, five regions stood as one…
    War broke out among these regions…
    One region was destroyed…
    Peace is no more…

Prologue: The Kyan War

L
    ong ago, before the war, stood five peaceful regions. I mean long ago – before you and I; before the elders and their elders. Before the war, five nations stood; now only four can be found.

There was Sinnoh, a land where it was always warm – that is if you weren't on the summit of Mt. Coronet. Also was a large land making up two regions: Kanto and Johto. These lands were frigid, making up most of the northern hemisphere. Along with Sinnoh, Kanto, and Johto was Hoenn. Hoenn was a region that had a tropical climate, surrounded by many miles of wide, deep ocean. Along with these four regions – Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh and and Hoenn – was another region that you are less familiar with – unless you were able to stay awake during history class. This region was known as Kyan.

Kyan was the smallest, the centerpiece of the other regions. It was made of one land mass that was of great length but not very wide. It stood in between Hoenn and Sinnoh, south of Johto and Kanto. Only small portions of Kyan are still here today. The Sevii Islands is what you kids call it now, correct me if wrong. Sadly, these islands are now better known as tourist attractions and great places to catch Pokemon.

There were many Pokemon inhabiting these regions. Many more than known today; the reason because after the war many Pokemon were wiped out, killed. Very few species remained. We are still searching for these endangered Pokemon, but have yet to find many. Oh, so many Pokemon inhabited the regions, over a thousand if my knowledge is correct. Some of the few Pokemon to exist were the legendary Pokemon: back then most, such as Mew and Jirachi, were common. Many of the legendaries that you are familiar with failed to flourish after the war, and are now known as 'genderless'. Pokemon had been greatly evolved back then. Pokemon such as Farfetch'd and Stantler and Absol were much more advanced, having two or more evolutions. There is much more for you to learn about Pokemon, as there is for Pokemon Professors, breeders, and fellow trainers.

The five regions were also advanced in technology. They had better tools, such as highly advanced PokeDexes and PokeNavs. Sadly, these items and many more are no longer: never to be created again.

The Kyan war was very terrible and violent, as you have probably already inferred. Many Pokemon became extinct, as did technology and many, many people.

All of these regions lived in peaceful harmony. Peaceful, that is, before the war of course. No one is exactly sure who or what started the war; most believe that it was a group of non-civil people who believed that the regions were too peaceful, if possible. Others believe that the war was caused when there was an unusual aligning of the stars – I can't help but think of these people are crazy loons. But I know, I know the story of the Kyan War, and that is what I am about to tell you.

/Very short Prologue/
    /C&C Appreciated/

Last edited:

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
  • Methinks this is a bit like "Paradise Lost".There was a wonderful land of peace and prosperity, with advanced technology and remarkably strong Pokemon, but now it's gone.All of that is gone because of a terrible, terrible war with unclear causes. Our lives are changed forever and we are still trying to pick up the pieces of the past.

I'm a little skeptical. Things just don't work like that. Wars are started for better reasons than some evil people saying, "Hey, it's too quiet". Countries don't vanish in the aftermath. Thousands of species aren't ruthlessly wiped out. Besides, I don't see what your purpose is. Clearly you're saying that wars are bad. But everyone says that nowadays, and I've seen the same premise too often in roleplays. If I could put my finger on it, I would name it a cliche.

The five regions were also advanced in technology. They had better tools, such as highly advanced PokeDexes and PokeNavs. Sadly, these items and many more are no longer: never to be created again.

So, all five regions were 'advanced'? How could all of that technology vanish?

It was made of one land mass that was tall but not very wide.

Remeber, land masses are flat crusts of earth floating on molten lava. They can't be short or tall.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    First off, thank you for the C&C

Methinks this is a bit like "Paradise Lost".There was a wonderful land of peace and prosperity, with advanced technology and remarkably strong Pokemon, but now it's gone.All of that is gone because of a terrible, terrible war with unclear causes. Our lives are changed forever and we are still trying to pick up the pieces of the past.

What is "Paradise Lost"? I'm not saying that this war in the story is 10-11 years; I mean a very long war that took place long ago in a past 'PokeEarth'

I'm a little skeptical. Things just don't work like that. Wars are started for better reasons than some evil people saying, "Hey, it's too quiet". Countries don't vanish in the aftermath. Thousands of species aren't ruthlessly wiped out. Besides, I don't see what your purpose is. Clearly you're saying that wars are bad. But everyone says that nowadays, and I've seen the same premise too often in roleplays. If I could put my finger on it, I would name it a cliche.

No one is exactly sure about it and the speaker clearly thinks that the people that believe that are crazy.

Yes, but countries can be destroyed. Oceans could rise, and land can be underwater. I'm not saying that the war caused the country to be destroued though...

Species can be if people are ruthless enough. Bombs, etc. did exist.

Back