• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you think of Pokemon? Here are my views...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artyte

Bin- No Pokemon Prejudice
Years
  • It seems like an obvious idea, but who except Satoshi Tahjiri ever thought of it (at least some also-rans ripped off the formula such as digimon after the existence of Pokemon)? Since its arrival in 1996, I was just a child, clueless of what it was, but extremely fascinated by it irrationally (or at least I have forgotten my reason for that strong sense of fascination). The first step that I ever took into the world of Pokemon was its anime. I watched it the mandarin version and enjoyed it a lot (and soon after the english version). As time passed, I begged my parents to buy me my first ever Pokemon game, yellow version. It was exhilarating. Then I met the Pokemon Trading Card Game, where I longed for a mew and was finally given to me by an old friend years ago.
    It seems like almost a split second, when generation two arrived in front of my door steps (I couldn't remember how I met generation two). Everything was great, the anime, the game, the trading card game. The game especially maintained its standard, with excellent in-game mechanics. Then came the manga. My first ever pokemon manga, the pokemon special volume 1, translated into english by Chuang Yi. It was also fantabulous and I was still enveloped in that exhilaration that Pokemon exudes.
    As I grew older (at about 12 years old), Pokemon advanced to a new generation. That was the first time I saw Torchic, Treeko, and Mudkip on a Pokemon website. I was so eager to buy this generation's games. However, I only managed to get my hands on Pokemon Ruby when I was 14. At this time, my interest in the anime grew weaker, as some of the storylines were repetitive. The Pokemon movies were great, and one of my favourites were <The Power of One>. During christmas, my parents allowed me to buy anything I wanted with just S$70, and I bought 2 Pokemon decks (if I remembered correctly, one of them was _ sandstorm).
    Just around the same time, my interest in Pokemon grew weaker due to the uprising of many popular games, such as maplestory, gunz, and Diablo. It was sad that I left it for quite a while, and never followed up to it until recently.
    Age: 16, which was a few years ago. I was studying extremely to achieve excellent results and I was overcome with fatigue at the end of the year. At that time, I set my eyes on the manga of Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, the 8th movie of Pokemon. Fascinated with the new creatures, I was asking myself, :" Hey, are those of the next generation?" Feeling excited, I checked out on it and found myself in a Pokemon fan made website, which would and is known for one of the most famous ones, Serebii. Then, I went to watch the 8th movie. From that moment on, my interest in Pokemon never cease to exist.
    The now ubiquitous franchise, known as Pokemon, is mentioned by the prominent journalist, Douglas McGray, as a hegemon (a paramount power). Even now, I love the anime much more than the time I started to watch it. With games, animes, movies, and TCGs, what else can it offer? Pokemon earned my respect for not solely being an entertainment franchise, but also an educational and influential franchise. Never in my life have I seen an entertainment franchise in collaboration with universities and NASA, but Pokemon did it. Why? Don't believe me check out the facts (it is too long to explain for me). I won't lie to you, and I was astonished when I read of it myself (the university isn't smogon, it is some real universities in the world). In addition, have you ever seen an entertainment franchise's images printed on aeroplanes? I only saw Pokemon and Hello Kitty on aeroplanes (in fact there are 3 Pokemon aeroplanes in the world (maybe even more), all owned by Nippon Airway). Also, the good points about Pokemon is that peaceful relations are shown more than violence. But what truly captures my heart in Pokemon? It is the influence it has. Of all fictional stories I have ever seen, Pokemon and Star Wars are the most realistic to me (to me Pokemon is not even a Story). Some people may call it childish or whatsoever, but to me Pokemon was just an idea likened by children but not favoured for children. Pokemon is just basically a nature manipulated in a more tranquil manner. Pokemon is just the reverse of X-Men.
    X-Men: Mutated humans
    Pokemon: Mutated nature (but in a more peaceful sense)

Gaze into the world of Pokemon. Admire the aesthetics, immagine what it will be like if it was real. What are your views of Pokemon? Please do reply, and the forums master too. Most of all, do you love Pokemon as I do?

No one is replying sigh...

Last edited:

~MasterMind~

⌊C u r i o s i t y ♫ ♥⌉
    Years
  • I like the company pokemon because the "videogames" i found them fun to play on and very challenging(in my point of veiw) i dont like the animes all that much

and my veiws of the "pokemon" themselves there quite creative yet while i think the legendarys are just these random things ._.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • Alright, that's great and all, but this is pretty spammy :[ It's basically a "Do you like Pokémon" thread, and chances are that if somebody is posting in a Pokémon board on a Pokémon forum.... I think they probably at least tolerate it XD; So there isn't really much to talk about here~

-Closed-

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back