• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pikachu colored Pichu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamakazai

私は神の風午前!
Years
  • According to Serebii, a Shiny Pichu is going to be given out. (No news if its going to be outside of japann) Its been given the name Pikachu colored Pichu. He also had a picture of a pichu that was colored just like a Pikachu. Is it even possible to add a new sprite to the games? I dont have a clue how that would work.

carter756978

Bass Player
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2013
    it's not a new sprite if u got a shiny pichu on i think any game except g/s/c it will be pikachu yellow

Adley

Tidiliboo
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Its the Notch-eared Pichu. To go with Pichu in the upcoming Pokemon Movie staring Arceus.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • UGh this thread will be confusing! Look the shiny sprite of pichu is pikachu colored all shiny pichus are its just that the sprite is a bit darker. And thats it really. Its no 3RD sprite or 3RD color or anything. Shiny pichus are now called pikachu colored pichu and thats it. And its not the notch eared pichu. Its a whole different other pichu and it will be in movie. As for that pichu i have no idea if it will be given out or not.

Kamakazai

私は神の風午前!
    Years
  • No its not the notched-eyed pichu... Go to serebii to see what it looks like for yourself... But yes Serebii is considering that it might be related to the Notched-Eared Pichu.

edit: Mitchman you ninja!
    I have looked at the sprite and its not colored like Pikachu.

Okay here are some picks I took from serebii of the Pikachu colored Pichu compared to Normal Pichu and Shiny Pichu.

PikachuColoredPichu.jpg

Pichu.jpg

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Exactly its darker as is a normal pichu. The normal pichu is supposed to be more washed out and paler but they gave it in-game a color more akin to pikachu and the shiny sprite more akin to raichu.
    172Pichu.png
    Spr_4p_172.png

Normal Coloration
    pikachupich.png
    Spr_4p_172_s.png

See what i mean? In game its darker when it should be like on the left.
    Also he doesnt assume its the truth. In the movie or maybe outside of the movie(gsds in simpler words) its related the the notch ear pichu.

Kamakazai

私は神の風午前!
    Years
  • Exactly its darker as is a normal pichu. The normal pichu is supposed to be more washed out and paler but they gave it in-game a color more akin to pikachu and the shiny sprite more akin to raichu.
    172Pichu.png
    Spr_4p_172.png

Normal Coloration
    pikachupich.png
    Spr_4p_172_s.png

See what i mean? In game its darker when it should be like on the left.
    Also he doesnt assume its the truth. In the movie or maybe outside of the movie(gsds in simpler words) its related the the notch ear pichu.

The Shiny Pichu and the Pikachu colored Pichu are obviusly Diverent Colors. How does look at all like the normal shiny pichu? And you can't compare an old 2nd gen picture with the new pictures. Those all look really light colored

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Different coloring thats all! I think this will get into a heated debate as to who is right and ill leave it to other who have logics to decide this one cause i just cant seem to win on the fact that the are one and the same. And pichus are supposed to be ighter more pale colored then the sprite so yeah.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
  • The Shiny Pichu and the Pikachu colored Pichu are obviusly Diverent Colors. How does look at all like the normal shiny pichu? And you can't compare an old 2nd gen picture with the new pictures. Those all look really light colored
    Thats not an older 2nd Generation picture at all. The normal coloration Pichu picture is from Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen while the Shiny Pichu picture is from the article talking about the "Pikachu Colored Pichu". I should know, those are most likely the same ones I posted in the G/S Remake topic. The sprites are darker than the official artwork both times. Pikachu colored Pichu is just the new name for Shiny Pichu, just like Black Charizard is the name most often used for Shiny Charizard. However, if I'm wrong, then a third coloration that is almost the exact same as the current shiny is ridiculus..even the black ring around its neck stays black instead of turning to brown.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Both sprites are darker than the art, just like any pokemon. They are simply using this name to say "shiny" since "shiny" is not an official term but a fan one.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Okay it's just darker that's all...at least that is all i can really notice...

Lumii-Darknese

A brilliant wierdo
    Years
  • The Pikachu Coloured Pichu looks like a shiny pichu but when it's traded over to Heart Gold or Soul Silver, it activates a special event where you can get a Notchy-Eared Pichu. Got it?

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • Please do not revive threads over thirty days old. The last post date of this was March 2009. Next time, just create a new thread.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back